Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,059,220 times

Advertisements

Ooops, my bad. I haven't been keeping up with this one--the GBNF thread got to be too much and this one is probably headed that way, too.

And we called them knickerbockers. They'd never make it now--too many lawsuits. I think I'm still sportin' a mark from back in the day.

Does anyone remember those bracelets that you slapped onto your wrist? They were after my "time" but I remember my son getting in trouble over them. Teacher-tormentors is what they were. Slap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 09:50 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,904,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Ooops, my bad. I haven't been keeping up with this one--the GBNF thread got to be too much and this one is probably headed that way, too.

And we called them knickerbockers. They'd never make it now--too many lawsuits. I think I'm still sportin' a mark from back in the day.

Does anyone remember those bracelets that you slapped onto your wrist? They were after my "time" but I remember my son getting in trouble over them. Teacher-tormentors is what they were. Slap!
Now they make Koozies like that!!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:14 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,461,175 times
Quote:
Yeah...my kids had those, too. They had a very non-creative name...slap bracelets.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Yeah...my kids had those, too. They had a very non-creative name...slap bracelets.
I was watching the food network night before last. They showed them making snap on Koozies. Same kinda thing!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,379,059 times
Quote:

Sapphire....I thought about those bracelets too when the kerknockers topic was brought up. Can't remember how old my daughter was, but she had a ton of them. They weren't any fun anymore after the school ruled them out.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
How about "Snaplets" @

Old 08-16-2008, 12:03 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,059,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Sapphire....I thought about those bracelets too when the kerknockers topic was brought up. Can't remember how old my daughter was, but she had a ton of them. They weren't any fun anymore after the school ruled them out.
That's when they got fun. The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:29 PM

I remember in high school I made an electronic device to shock you if you picked it up. It was shaped like a small box covered with foil for contacts. I took it to school one day and a teacher got a hold of it and played with it all day. He'd set it on his desk and watch kids pick it up. Naturally they would drop it immediately after the shock. I think it survived the day and he finally gave it back.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:43 AM

32 posts, read 93,269 times
how about the MOOD RINGS?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 AM

504 posts, read 1,458,440 times
how about that weird stuff that came in small toothpaste looking tubes and had a straw so you could blow bubble shapes. it wound up causing cancer to little people in darfur or something...it was also really flammable

how about the vibrating football set that never worked right and players usually ran around in circles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio