Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM

6 posts, read 27,611 times

Advertisements

Okay, I searched the threads and I know there are some posts preschools, but i didn't really find anything recent. So, here it goes again...

We are moving to the Stone Oak area in 3 weeks. I need to find a preschool for our 4 year old daughter to attend in the fall. She is ready for a full day (i.e. 9a-3p), but it doesn't need to be everyday. Also, I don't really want to spend $5000 a year for preschool.

I have looked into a few just by surfing the web and trying to remember the names of some schools I saw while we were out there house hunting.

This is what's on the radar so far:

Northern Hills Church Day School (Northern Hills United Methodist) - seems similar to the pre-k programs we are used to.

Bright Beginnings (The Church at Stone Oak) - also, seems similar to the pre-k programs we are used to.

Harvest School - I am a little bit concerned that this will be more of a larger daycare setting than a preschool??

The Learning Center (North Central Christian) - great location for me, but same concern as Harvest.

ANY info would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Comments, concerns, complaints...anything! THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyChick27 View Post
Also, I don't really want to spend $5000 a year for preschool.

ANY info would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Comments, concerns, complaints...anything! THANKS!
I think you're going to have to spend 5K or perhaps more....daycare, I mean preschool, is not cheap unless you get gov't assistance. Then it's subsidized, and still not "cheap." 50 weeks a year X $100=$5000, and $100 is not a whole lot in daycare/preschool terms.

That said, I used to attend Harvest but never had any experience with the nursery. I don't live near Stone Oak, so the places I took my kids would not be convenient for you at all.

Sorry I wasn't helpful....but you said you'd appreciate comments.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 PM

5 posts, read 20,399 times
Default Preschool

If you are not needing a full day of preschool, Community Bible Church at 1604 and Sonterra has a lovely little day school. It runs about 200 a month for a 2 day a week program. THey have a four day week program, but it goes up in price. They have three days and one day options as well. But we did it last year. They really put a lot of time and thought into their program. And being that we were seeking to have our child receiving a Christian education, this was an added blessing.

Hope that helps!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:37 AM

6 posts, read 27,611 times
Thanks, Nglavan. I will look into it. We like the smaller church school programs, they haven't let us down yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio