Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 AM

18 posts, read 37,106 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I am planning to relocate to San Antonio next year and I would appreciate your advice in a few areas.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I like Stone Oak area [/SIZE][SIZE=3]and so far one of my favorite places is Toscana at Sonterra apartment complex. Can anyone share their personal experience regarding this complex?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]However, this is a little bit above what I wanted to pay and I was wondering if anyone can recommend another apartment complex similar to this one that would be in the $700-$800 range (2 bedroom apartment, W/D connection).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Also, more details about the area would be appreciated. For example, if I would rent an apartment in the Toscana community, what restaurants would you recommend in the area? Are there any fresh market places? How far is the library? What parks are in the area? What malls? What stores? Everything that could help me get around easier and become more familiar with the area would be appreciated. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Where do I have to go in order to register my car? Where I am living now I have to go to the Secretary of State, but I heard in Texas is different. I have also heard that there is a inspection that the car has to pass in order to be registered. Is this true? If yes, does the car have to be in perfect condition in order to pass?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do you know any decent car insurance agent? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Any other information or piece of advice you see fit to share with a new comer is welcome.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks for your help.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,343,381 times
Haven't lived in Toscana, but haven't heard any negative things about the apartment complex either. Drive by it every day and it appears to be well maintained. I would avoid the apartment complex near Cornerstone Church though -- believe it is called Claremore.

Stone Oak and surrounding area has nearly every restaurant / store imaginable. No major malls though -- strip malls, we have plenty of.

There is a natural/organic grocery store opening soon within walking distance of Toscana. Community also has a park with miles of walking/running trails and a public library is on the Reagan High School campus, which is not far from Toscana as well.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 AM

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:01 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,626,285 times
Am I the only one seeing all the formatting tags? I can barely read the original post because of the tags!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,081,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Am I the only one seeing all the formatting tags? I can barely read the original post because of the tags!
Step away from the liquid lunches, Missy.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,305,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Step away from the liquid lunches, Missy.
Well me and LG must be drinking the same thing cuz I sees em too!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,081,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Well me and LG must be drinking the same thing cuz I sees em too!
Hello Captain Obvious! How's it goin' today?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:13 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,305,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Hello Captain Obvious! How's it goin' today?
Heyyyy cut me some slack!! It's already been a loooong week! ............and its Captain Morgan

Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 PM

I can see them too. I have no idea why this one posted like this... However, please find the questions below. I hope this helps.

I am planning to relocate to San Antonio next year and I would appreciate your advice in a few areas.

I like Stone Oak area and so far one of my favorite places is Toscana at Sonterra apartment complex. Can anyone share their personal experience regarding this complex?

However, this is a little bit above what I wanted to pay and I was wondering if anyone can recommend another apartment complex similar to this one that would be in the $700-$800 range (2 bedroom apartment, W/D connection).

Also, more details about the area would be appreciated. For example, if I would rent an apartment in the Toscana community, what restaurants would you recommend in the area? Are there any fresh market places? How far is the library? What parks are in the area? What malls? What stores? Everything that could help me get around easier and become more familiar with the area would be appreciated.

Where do I have to go in order to register my car? Where I am living now I have to go to the Secretary of State, but I heard in Texas is different. I have also heard that there is a inspection that the car has to pass in order to be registered. Is this true? If yes, does the car have to be in perfect condition in order to pass?

Do you know any decent car insurance agent?

Any other information or piece of advice you see fit to share with a new comer is welcome.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:23 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,975,936 times
Stone Oak is awsome! It has everything you asked for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio