Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,865,519 times

Advertisements

Let me see if I've got this straight.......you're going to park illegally, then want your neighbors to come to YOU and talk politely when your very actions have told them that you really don't care......

Normally, I'll talk to a neighbor if there's an issue. When they do something they KNOW to be illegal.....well, yeah - talk to the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
we live in a ungated community and the neighbor always parks in a spot that is in front of both of our homes, more so in front of his, is it wrong if I park there?

Old 10-02-2016, 05:13 PM

4,358 posts, read 7,269,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plute View Post
we live in a ungated community and the neighbor always parks in a spot that is in front of both of our homes, more so in front of his, is it wrong if I park there?
If it is a public street, no. Anybody can park there, in that case.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:33 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,334,764 times
We parked on a clear public street near a trail head. The dude in the house when we came back was there with his big dog and stared aggressively at us. I said: Good Evening. But he just glared with no response. Like I'm intimidated by him.

In this world, glaring at people with attitude is not a good idea. I'm a nice guy but your never know what nut case might take offense.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 AM

11 posts, read 19,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
If you are familar with reading contract language...you can read the actual city codes here:
[url=http://www.sanantonio.gov/codesrch.asp]City Municipal Code Search on the San Antonio Community Portal[/url]

There is a lot of stuff on parking. Technically you can't leave a vehicle parked in a street for more than 24hrs....that is considered storage. But you will be hard pressed to find a policeman that will enforce some of these little known parking laws.
I live in a residential subdivision but we are in the unincorporated part of Sugar Land right outside the city boundary. I know that alone can make a difference, but this is outrageous because I am talking about a dozen or more on every street. Because of this, the pumps for rain water are turned off in big rains. The Board says nothing about it but it is actually a violation of law and safety since an ambulance or fire truck could not get through the street if they had to. I am talking about really bad situation. There are too many to be a guest. Since we are right at the edge of town, I can't even imagine why there is this many cars. Hundreds we are talking about. We have 1500 homes that are mostly 3 bedroom residential with less that 1800 sq. ft. Can you tell me what the law is on this matter? We are right off of a major highway also. Please advise. We are adjacent to Houston.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:56 AM

11 posts, read 19,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Munoz View Post
I live in a residential subdivision but we are in the unincorporated part of Sugar Land right outside the city boundary. I know that alone can make a difference, but this is outrageous because I am talking about a dozen or more on every street. Because of this, the pumps for rain water are turned off in big rains. The Board says nothing about it but it is actually a violation of law and safety since an ambulance or fire truck could not get through the street if they had to. I am talking about really bad situation. There are too many to be a guest. Since we are right at the edge of town, I can't even imagine why there is this many cars. Hundreds we are talking about. We have 1500 homes that are mostly 3 bedroom residential with less that 1800 sq. ft. Can you tell me what the law is on this matter? We are right off of a major highway also. Please advise. We are adjacent to Houston.
Even when it is a fire hazard and not safe because we have so many children that play. Shouldn't our Association try to do something about it since it causes flooding due to leaves being down the storm gutters and that causes the water plant to shut down plants to this subdivision. We are talking about wall to wall cars. Every street has about 12 - 20 cars parked during the night and day. You couldn't get an ambulance in here if one was needed or a fire truck. We do live in the county.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:12 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,513,234 times
If you live around Sugarland, why are you in a San Antonio thread complaining about it?

Old 04-18-2017, 12:12 PM

9,854 posts, read 13,742,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
If you live around Sugarland, why are you in a San Antonio thread complaining about it?
She probably just searched for the topic ignoring location. Mods should be able to move it to an appropriate forum, if reported.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 703 times
Is there anything I can do about a business that just opened on the corner of our residential street and who's patrons have basically taken over every bit of street parking we have. I understand it's a public street since we're an inner city ungated neighborhood but it's a bit unreal and ridiculous how completely they've overtaken. We've tried talking to the owners and they've basically shrugged us off saying there's nothing they can do.
Do we have any options at all?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:12 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster210 View Post
Do we have any options at all?
Park in the street yourselves - and get your neighbors to do the same. Park far enough apart to take as much room as possible, without QUITE leaving enough room for them to fit between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio