Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times

Advertisements

I've never heard of any restriction on parking directly across the street from a private driveway. In fact, I've seen some residential streets where the lot boundaries are staggered in such a way that it's almost impossible to avoid parking on the street without being across from someone's driveway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,300 times
This is an especially irritating issue for me; I've already had one incident where guests using my double driveway were accused of hitting a neighbor's car and/or truck which is left every night overnight and one vehicle which is almost never moved.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Imagine coming home from a weekend trip to discover that you cannot pull into your driveway because the next-door neighbors gave their visitors permission to "use" it....

Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM

948 posts, read 1,841,507 times
what bothers me is that a neighbor has two driveways....and there's about 6 cars at that house...who knows how many people live there...but anyways...two driveways and a garage and they'll park the cars at the very end of the drive way (closest to the street). that means that the rest of the cars have to park in the street. i don't get it.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,406,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
what bothers me is that a neighbor has two driveways....and there's about 6 cars at that house...who knows how many people live there...but anyways...two driveways and a garage and they'll park the cars at the very end of the drive way (closest to the street). that means that the rest of the cars have to park in the street. i don't get it.
If I were you, I'd mail them a friendly letter or even leave an anonymous letter at their door about it.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Being a former New Yorker and Russian, this entire freaking thread makes me facepalm SO hard.

Street parking is worth so much less here in San Antonio. Amazing.

And I really do think that anyone with a problem with having cars park in front of their house needs to suck it up. Our neighbor throws 2 huge parties a year, one for his birthday and one for Christmas, and his guests park in front of our house. OMG!! THE HORRA!! THE HORRA!!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Guess the old days of respecting your neighbors has long passed... thus, my next neighbors will be acres away and we'll communicate with the occasional "yaaaahhhh hooo!" and weekend visits over beers and whiskey shots. That way we can park wherever we want and not give a toot.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:21 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Our neighbor throws 2 huge parties a year, one for his birthday and one for Christmas, and his guests park in front of our house. OMG!! THE HORRA!! THE HORRA!!!!
I'm sure you also have a great relationship with your neighbor and may even attend those parties. But, for people that don't, on rare occasions, have these types of parties..where it is every single day it gets annoying. Texas is a big state, we may be friendly and a tad nosy at times, but we like our space because there's a lot of it...especially for our big trucks.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 AM

27 posts, read 42,443 times
I wondered this when I went to woodlawn for the 4th of july. Alot of residents in the area put up cones and trash cans to block cars from parking in front of thier house. Their property ends at the curb I thought

Old 09-02-2010, 03:48 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Street parking in residential neighborhoods should be banned from midnight to 7am in my opinion.

I can't tell you how many times I have driven through a neighborhood with cars parked on both sides making it very difficult to navigate through. This situation poses a safety risk on many levels with my biggest fear of hitting someone walking out and not being able to see them because the cars are blocking my view.

In fact, I think someone mentioned before that Alamo Heights restricts street parking with the exception of a permit that can be obtained by the city. I wish this city ordinance was applied to all parts of San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio