Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 10:49 AM

67 posts, read 48,289 times

Advertisements

Hi, i am interested in buying an investment property in SA. Wanted to ask which areas are good as i am priced out of austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 11:30 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,144 times
Alamo Heights, and anywhere on the NW side where the massive boom is occurring.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Alamo Heights, and anywhere on the NW side where the massive boom is occurring.
Thank you, Sir!

Old 05-09-2021, 11:47 AM

1,032 posts, read 874,896 times
Alamo Heights isn't a place you expect to come in on the ground floor. It's already expensive... Some of the priciest real estate in the city per square foot.

I'd go near Lone Star Brewery. It'll go through the roof in the next decade, just as the Pearl-Broadway corridor has.

Government Hill, as long as you get in the thick of it versus closer to Pearl. Lots of reno, airbnb and flip opportunities.

Monte Vista remains feast or famine. Some decent opportunities there.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:52 AM

9,849 posts, read 13,690,768 times
I’m having feelings as an Austin resident from San Antonio who is seeing someone from Austin wanting to invest and try to make things less affordable in San Antonio. Will this be a primary residence and you’ll be living there and commuting to Austin? Or is this a straight up investment?

With that said, if I was investing I’d buy where military families are relocating. Any neighborhood that is high military, so west of 410 or near 410/35 up 35 to 1604 and the schertz area. Maybe even the area east of 410 between 35 and 10.

Old 05-09-2021, 02:28 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,224,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
I'd go near Lone Star Brewery. It'll go through the roof in the next decade, just as the Pearl-Broadway corridor has.
San Antonio is full of flippers. The competition in the Lone Star area is fierce. I live nearby and own another house in the neighborhood. I get contacted by flippers pretty much every day - cards in the mail, phone calls, and texts. It's constant. Like cockroaches. If you're hoping to find a little old lady who doesn't realize what her run-down house is worth, those days are gone.

Old 05-10-2021, 12:02 AM

What other new builts in SA? are there open to investors?

Old 05-10-2021, 03:44 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,264,426 times
One of the many (many!) new bigname tract builder developments in Seguin had 'For Rent' signs up on a couple streets before anyone actually moved into the neighborhood. So I'd say yeah... they'll sell something new to an investor.

Old 05-10-2021, 11:32 AM

950 posts, read 1,258,757 times
Haven't gotten phone calls, but letters saying people want to buy the house.Unfortunately my brother and sister in law live with me, so no go.Believe me i'd get them in a bidding war , make them fight for it haha. The thing is, say i bought a house or two somewhere to flip. I want to fix up the home and sure make a profit, but at the same time i don't want to drive older and other residents out of their homes either. I would want to work with them to help improve the area. maybe a community garden, give them plants and help fix up homes for the elderly, do things that won't hurt them in the long wrong, but cities are greedy for tax money. Since shows like Flip or Flop Zombie House Flippers ,Flipping Las Vegas,etc. people have just gone nuts with this. I like Home Town, because people are shown houses, and they decide which one to purchase. The homes are restored and renovated, but these people are actually going to live there.The couple who have the show do great work, and are trying to improve their town which i applauded.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:33 AM

880 posts, read 564,271 times
Depends on what you're looking for... you say investment, so is this to just rent out?

There are a lot of really cheap homes in Converse and around New Braunfels area that you can buy do a little fix up, and rent out. Under $150k all day long, with good returns.

If there's something you personally want to live in as a primary residence, then that depends on where you work, and whether or not you have kids that you want to send to public school.

Stone Oak and Encino Park are both in the North East area, and part of the North East Independent School District which has several of the best schools in all of Texas (actually).

If you're looking for something trendy, there are a lot of down-town homes, some affordable ones near the Botanical Gardens that need fixing up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio