Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 10:12 AM

216 posts, read 133,416 times

Advertisements

Don't know about this anti-racist movement, ashbeeigh.
I do not wish be included into some sort of sociological behavior movement where actions are expected without my own thoughts.
This way of thinking requires a greater degree of thought control of people than racism itself. I do not wish to be exclusionary but I would rather be the judge of who I want to befriend or not, and deal with or not. I will not give in to this sort of idea. Leave me out of this one.
The N word is not in my vocabulary and I cannot remember even one instance of ever using it. Muslim, Christian, it is all the same to me. All are as one. Neither religious , ethnic, economic nor racial bigot unless someone tries to force it upon me. It will backfire.
No matter the Slogan or Banner or Chant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Everyone is racist. The goal is to be "anti-racist." This article appears to do a good job at explaining the difference. https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-...ing-antiracist

Yes. That was your experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 12:46 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,418,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
White apathy? White fragility? White centering? I think we all know who the real racist is...
I have no idea what I may be or not.

Old 08-05-2020, 01:58 PM

Default Confusion over self identity,

I do not know what you might be either. If you figure it out, let us know what you might be. It should be easy- just read you old posts and it will slowly come back to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
I have no idea what I may be or not.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well done View Post
I do not know what you might be either. If you figure it out, let us know what you might be. It should be easy- just read you old posts and it will slowly come back to you.
Care to illuminate me?

Old 08-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Default A message,

No , it ought to be pretty self explanatory. You need to come to a conclusion by yourself without help from me.
I will illuminate you on the voting process though and from there you will deduce for yourself after some reading of your previous posts. It will dawn on you then. If not well good luck because there is no helping you. It is not up to me to help every befuddled person on earth with character flaws.
Joe Biden for higher office. Then, you will have learned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Care to illuminate me?

Old 08-08-2020, 10:39 AM

303 posts, read 370,174 times
One things is for certain.

The OP definitely has no idea what he's talking about - considering he almost certainly doesn't live in Alamo Heights or Terrell Hills. It's fun to conveniently look away from what is painfully obvious.

The students that do live in the Alamo Heights District, which comprises of the 50% White as students, come from wealthy families who are predominately extremely conservative and view blacks and latinos as outsiders and lower class people, and they DEFINITELY resent the fact that "those people" are present in their school district. One of the principal reasons why the Alamo Heights School district is so diverse is because they are the only school district in the area that lets students that live outside of the zone to attend - for a fee.

These wealthy families all go by the same playbook:

1) Hyper conservative beliefs
2) racism that floats just under the surface of the water but occasionally bubbles up (see the Alamo Heights Cheerleader Instagram videos)
3) insular bubbles of wealth that are passed down through generations. You'll see these lilly white families that are predominantly involved in commercial real estate, and oil/energy continue to stay in the area. Little Johnny III always tends to go to SMU or Oklahoma, get a token degree in business administration to return to Big Daddy Johnny Jr's firm for a job and then a 1.5 MM house in Terrell Hills with his wife Becky and 3 kids at Alamo Heights (or St Marys Hall or St Lukes).

You can then rinse and repeat the cycle with a sprinkle of the charity circuits, a little dusting of COVID hoax, and the occasional slip up by the kiddos saying the n-word.

It's never failed us in 75 years.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post

The OP definitely has no idea what he's talking about - considering he almost certainly doesn't live in Alamo Heights or Terrell Hills. It's fun to conveniently look away from what is painfully obvious.

The students that do live in the Alamo Heights District, which comprises of the 50% White as students, come from wealthy families who are predominately extremely conservative and view blacks and latinos as outsiders and lower class people, and they DEFINITELY resent the fact that "those people" are present in their school district. One of the principal reasons why the Alamo Heights School district is so diverse is because they are the only school district in the area that lets students that live outside of the zone to attend - for a fee.

These wealthy families all go by the same playbook:

1) Hyper conservative beliefs
2) racism that floats just under the surface of the water but occasionally bubbles up (see the Alamo Heights Cheerleader Instagram videos)
3) insular bubbles of wealth that are passed down through generations. You'll see these lilly white families that are predominantly involved in commercial real estate, and oil/energy continue to stay in the area. Little Johnny III always tends to go to SMU or Oklahoma, get a token degree in business administration to return to Big Daddy Johnny Jr's firm for a job and then a 1.5 MM house in Terrell Hills with his wife Becky and 3 kids at Alamo Heights (or St Marys Hall or St Lukes).

You can then rinse and repeat the cycle with a sprinkle of the charity circuits, a little dusting of COVID hoax, and the occasional slip up by the kiddos saying the n-word.

It's never failed us in 75 years.
The OP had his child go the AH and lived in Terrell Hills.

One only needs to look at Highland Park, University Park in Dallas or River Oaks, Memorial in Houston to see the above pattern repeated. I believe AH is much more diverse- race and wealth, than any of the other mentioned neighborhoods.

Old 08-08-2020, 03:00 PM

Default For Certain,

It is for certain the OP does know what he is writing about, and this with certainty is inaccurate.
Good one for the people whom only think they are superior. Because.
The painful truth really is; The population of Alamo Heights still buy their suits off the rack like everyone else here and then put them on like everyone else.
The ones that are really truly wealthy look down on the Alamo Heights class of population. Think they are lowly and unwashed and live in ancient housing.
These are still middle class and only believe themselves to be above the fray, but they are mired in it.
Good one Wilgar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post

Old 08-09-2020, 06:46 AM

Although the tack of the article has been the two AHHS graduates, of much more concern should have been the learning experience demonstrated at Sam Houston where the Valedictorian had to overcome a hostile environment to get an education.

How many students, who wish to excel, find it difficult to impossible to achieve because of schools running amuck with administrators and teachers cowering and afraid to respond?

Old 08-12-2020, 09:31 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,376,807 times
One of the major concerns addressed in the article was school funding. The Texas Robin Hood law has demonstrated nothing if not that simply throwing money at an under performing districts does little to nothing to improve performance. My property taxes go to another high performing district in the area, albeit outside the city boundaries. A significant portion of that district's income is recaptured each year. There needs to be more effective oversight from the TEA on how these recaptured funds are used. The current uses of purchasing technology for students and staff, and funding things like aquatics centers, and stadiums is not improving academic performance. Finally, reconstituting schools does nothing. If the schools fail to meet testing requirements, the administrators and educators are all terminated, but many are hired right back into the same positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio