Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 05:19 PM

162 posts, read 541,653 times

Advertisements

A new Houlihans is going in across from the Forum, near the new Circuit City.

Houlihan’s is Now Hiring for our Live Oak Location - Opening Soon! (http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fbh/798009667.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 02:43 PM

796 posts, read 3,060,111 times
Sheesh, I can't believe this thread was so far back! Anway, I was on my way to HEB on 281 and Evans and I looked at the section where they are building the new Spectrum. In front of it is a smallish building and I thought "Great, another bank!", well luckily I was wrong. It's going to be an Arby's! WooHoo! I have been hoping they would put an Arby's or Chick Fil A out here.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,264,914 times
I haven't posted any MySA Food section updates for a while. That's probably why the thread slipped so far down the list. Here is the news from today's edition.

Big Bob's Burgers will open "in a few weeks" at 2215 Harry Wurzbach in the old John the Greek location.

Rita's Restaurante y Cantina just opened at 8055 West Ave.

Bunsen Burgers will open on Walzem Rd. next to Genghis Khan with a 50s lab theme in mid-October.

Panchito's at the Quarry is now open at 7310 Jones Maltsberger. It's supposed to be similar to the other locations, but have upscale menu items like oysters and ceviche.

Also, the Old Town Grill and Bistro on Bandera Rd. in Helotes has closed.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

MySA Food section updates:

Magnolia Gardens on Main
is now open for lunch at 2030 N. Main Ave. It's run by Helen Madla, the widow of State Sen. Frank Madla. In addition to soup, sandwiches and salads, the Thursday chicken pot pie special is said to be very popular.

Carl's Jr. is now open on Seguin Rd. at Rittiman Rd.

Another Carl's Jr. will open at 13980 Nacogdoches later this month.

Bianco Pasta Vino just opened for lunch and dinner at 7115 Blanco, near 410. Pasta, pizza, seafood, chicken and veal dishes are on the menu.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,906 times
Thumbs up bianco pasta * vino

i just at the that new restaurant BIANCO, and i loved it! i highly recommend eating there, great food and good service, the manager even came to the table to introduce herself and make sure everything was okay, i'm not saying she did it to every single table but i think since we ordered the special that night she wanted to make sure we like it...highly recommend trying it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
MySA Food section updates:

Magnolia Gardens on Main is now open for lunch at 2030 N. Main Ave. It's run by Helen Madla, the widow of State Sen. Frank Madla. In addition to soup, sandwiches and salads, the Thursday chicken pot pie special is said to be very popular.

Carl's Jr. is now open on Seguin Rd. at Rittiman Rd.

Another Carl's Jr. will open at 13980 Nacogdoches later this month.

Bianco Pasta Vino just opened for lunch and dinner at 7115 Blanco, near 410. Pasta, pizza, seafood, chicken and veal dishes are on the menu.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 PM

791 posts, read 3,973,992 times
Tre Trattoria opened recently, as Bowie mentioned in a previous post. I've eaten there twice - once at lunch and once at dinner. Lunch was so-so... the menu consists of quicker, lunch-ier things like paninis and pasta which weren't all that remarkable and the price was on the higher end for a typical lunch. I had gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce and the sauce was fantastic but the gnocchi tasted like mashed potato puffs instead of denser potato dumplings, which I prefer.

Dinner, however, was a different story. A-MAZING!
I highly recommend starting out with a series of small plates - the roasted beets and the prosciutto are wonderful. The grilled radicchio is out of this world and they had a special chanterelle mushroom salad that was incredible!! Each small plate is enough for two or three people to get a good taste, so be careful because you can easily fill up on appetizers (which wouldn't be the worst thing you could do.. yum!).

Dinner is served family style and each entree really feeds 2-3 people. We ordered the tagliatelle with mushrooms, fried chicken and wild boar... all truly amazing dishes... and we had so much left over (because we ate so many appetizers) that we took home two whole days worth of leftovers.

Our waitress was truly enthusiastic about the food - really passionate about describing the ingredients and cooking styles - and was very gracious. Wine list was very interesting and not especially expensive. I think we spent about $250 for three people including two nice bottles of wine, but we went way overboard on the food. We probably could have gotten out of there for $100 for all three of us (not counting wine) if we'd only ordered two entrees and four appetizers instead of six. But then again, it was so good I don't regret it!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM

51 posts, read 168,865 times
Has anyone heard of "Lauren Restaurant"? It looks like there is one going in the new strip in front of the Home Depot on Culebra & 1604.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,492,365 times
This is probably only new to me and a few others, but when did Hungry Howie's open? I saw an ad for it in the Dining Out booklet in today's EN and that's the first I've ever heard of there being one here. Anyone been there? and how does it compare to others (if you've been to any others). I haven't been to one since I lived in Ann Arbor

Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
This is probably only new to me and a few others, but when did Hungry Howie's open? I saw an ad for it in the Dining Out booklet in today's EN and that's the first I've ever heard of there being one here. Anyone been there? and how does it compare to others (if you've been to any others). I haven't been to one since I lived in Ann Arbor
I've been to the location on Bitters at 281 a couple of times. It opened probably a year and a half ago. The pizza's good, but not outstanding. Howie's does have some crust variations that can make it unusual.

That location has no seating, it's for pickup and delivery only. I haven't been to any other locations.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:24 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,492,365 times
That would definitely be an issue then because I don't live anywhere near that area. The address is listed as San Pedro, but I guess they're talking way up there San Pedro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio