Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM

129 posts, read 515,032 times

Advertisements

Can't wait to try. We will be going Wednesday for my 50th birthday! My brother who lived in California was always talking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 10:22 AM

791 posts, read 3,973,992 times
Tre Trattoria in the Boardwalk at Broadway & Hildebrand just had their soft opening last night, with the official opening scheduled for Friday night. I'm super excited about this one because the space they're opening in is directly across from my office and has been empty for nearly two years. The previous restaurant, Cibal, failed but there are high hopes this one will stay open since the owners are the Dady brothers (of The Lodge and Bin 555). Finally, the patio will have people on it for me to gawk at while on my conference calls!

Cuisine is Italian... here's a related post in the Express-News Food Flashes| mySA.com (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/food/2008/04/jason_dady_goes_italian.html - broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 11:47 AM

796 posts, read 3,060,111 times
We was at BJ's soft opening last night, the day after Turtle_Mom. Lucky for us, we had the rootbeer. It was yummy, although, my 5 yr old said that root beer is not supposed to be black. LOL.

My husband got the Cuban burger. It was a burger that had ham on it. It was tasty, but looked more like a sandwhich (was not your regular round burger, it was a long oval shape). I tried their fish tacos. I have never had fish tacos before, so I don't have anything to compare it to. It was an over sized fish stick in a flour tortilla. It also tasted like the toppings for the taco was some kind of coleslaw mix. It was good, but I don't think I will order it again.

My oldest daughter ordered the spinach/artichoke pizza, it was yummy. One of my other daughters ordered the sesame chicken salad, that was yummy, and my other daughter ordered the rib/chicken plate. That was also good. I did not get to taste the ribs, but the chicken was very well flavored.

My youngest niece and youngest daughter both ordered the kids meal mac and cheese. They liked it, they served it with some kind of cheese toast. And my other neice ordered grilled cheese. It was made with cheddar cheese and tx toast. Everyone was happy and the girls can not wait to go back, so that is a good sign. The only thing that was rough was the waitress trying to figure out what they were supposed to do.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:50 PM

345 posts, read 1,573,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodi711 View Post
Wow, the Village Inn closed? Do you know when that happened?
Most likely they closed as a result of bankruptcy that the owner filed back in April. VICORP which owns Village Inn and Baker's Square restaurants are located up here in Denver and filed for Chapt. 11. A few of the under-performing locations in the metro area have closed here too.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,864 times
Well, if you want seafood? Wildfish is excellent! I took my husband for his birthday the other night and it was amazing.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,264,914 times
From today's Express-News food section:

Italian Garden - 1210 Pat Booker Rd. in Universal City, reopening with same owner after a few years

Tre Trattoria - 4003 Broadway, Owner is Jason Dady (The Lodge of Castle Hills, Bin 555)

29 Brix - US 281 N is now open for lunch

Old 07-30-2008, 08:49 PM

874 posts, read 2,904,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodi711 View Post
Wow, the Village Inn closed? Do you know when that happened?

I wonder when Krystal's will finally open across the street.
Krystal's is open - I think it has been open for about a week now.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 PM

136 posts, read 571,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCo Mom View Post
Most likely they closed as a result of bankruptcy that the owner filed back in April. VICORP which owns Village Inn and Baker's Square restaurants are located up here in Denver and filed for Chapt. 11. A few of the under-performing locations in the metro area have closed here too.
151/410 is closed as well, as is I-10, and the one originally mentioned.

They had gone very down hill in recent months.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,492,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
Krystal's is open - I think it has been open for about a week now.
which Krystal's is that? I think there's supposed to be one opening on Culebra just inside 1604, but I don't know when.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 AM

874 posts, read 2,904,408 times
Oops - sorry - this was in reponse to yodi711's post about the Village Inn on Pat Booker closing and wondering when the Krytal across the street would open... So it's the Krystal on Pat Booker in by the movie theatres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio