Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM

48 posts, read 252,098 times

Advertisements

Do any of you from the southside remember Record Rendezvous in the Dellcrest Mall/Shopping Center on WW White?

It is STILL THERE!! They are doing a renovation of that entire strip center and they are still there. About 4 years ago I was looking for a particular recording of something and thought of that place. I went in, and the same two gentlemen (I think they're the same ones) still work there.

They were able to get me exactly what I was after! Amazing!!!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Was it the Kramers's on Perrin Bietel? Also anyone remember the old Gallaghers on Walzem-35?
Kramer's was on Perrin Beitel and I think it faced 410.

I remember Gallagher's at or near Walzem.

I also thing part of the problem with Windsor's demise was when the original leases were up. The property owners or mall owners put a lot of money into high dollar renovations and I understand they drastically increased the rent. Many of the original tenants opted not to renew leases and spaces went empty and either remained so, or got tenants in who couldn't make it. It was sad, because it was a nice mall.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs210 View Post
How does South Park Mall outlast Windsor Park Mall? Mindboggling!
That is a good question!!

Wow - I love seeing your pics of Windsor. We used to go there all of the time. It was so pretty inside and we would walk the mall and shops from one end to the other, then head either upstairs or downstairs and walk everything back!

Great memories and thanks for sharing!!

Old 03-03-2007, 11:09 PM

905 posts, read 2,961,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories Galore View Post
Do any of you from the southside remember Record Rendezvous in the Dellcrest Mall/Shopping Center on WW White?

It is STILL THERE!! They are doing a renovation of that entire strip center and they are still there. About 4 years ago I was looking for a particular recording of something and thought of that place. I went in, and the same two gentlemen (I think they're the same ones) still work there.

They were able to get me exactly what I was after! Amazing!!!

These memories are lots of fun, aren't they!

I remember those little paper coupons from the Highland Hills Pharmacy!

I remember Record Rendezvous in McCreless. Did it move to the Dellcrest center? If so, is it the same two guys that were at McCreless, too?

Since you worked at Joske's, do you remember the name of the western themed restaurant that was on the street level?

You seem to have a lot of memories that I have -- which schools did you attend?

Old 03-04-2007, 12:15 AM

469 posts, read 1,156,459 times
The Electric Armadillo! Thanks for the name I couldn't remember it.

As for the Chinese restaurant we lived next door to the owners but I never tried the food at their restaurant.

Neptunes started out in the Old First Mate building then moved to the snow cone place then to it's latest location. I believe they demo'd the boat not too long after they moved to the snow cone place.

Speaking of Snowcone places Wizard snowcones on Hot Wells has the best snowcones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia_Impaled View Post
...The game room that was across from the Exxon was called The Electric Armadillo...

The other strip center... the Green Stamp store then a chinese restaurant then a dollar store, Winn's then something then a Family Dollar and now the thrift.

Where the First Mate/Neptune's was a snow cone place set up for a while, though can't remember if it was before or after the boat was demo'd. Where the car lot is now next to the thrift is where Neptune's was before the move across the street in the former attorney's building. Can't remember the name of the attorney...Church's has been there as long as I can remember.

Last edited by moeowo; 03-04-2007 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: miss spelled a word

Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,445,153 times
Default Some more Windsor Pics

These are more recent windsor pics, in the last years it wasn't a thug mall, it was a dead mall, the thugs all moved to rolling oaks.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:13 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,438,872 times
Great Pics Smu

Old 03-04-2007, 01:14 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,438,872 times
Wonder if anyone has interior pics of Central Park Mall?

Old 03-04-2007, 07:47 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,880,453 times
Does anyone remember a McDonald's Halloween commercial? It was a low budget local ad for some event held every year at the restaurant or one of the restaurants. They showed the same costumed guests every year on the commercial (video rather than film) which made it kind of eery.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:52 PM

87 posts, read 330,835 times
Lol, daughter & I ate at Floyd's just last week: grilled cheese, Funions, cheeseburger, veggie sticks and two drinks with a chocolate sundae came to $5.53. The 5-for deal has gone up. It's now 5 for $2.55; burgers come with, iirc, ketchup, mustard and pickles. I do wish they still had the little arcade. They ended up spending more to fix the games than they made, so it was closed. They do still have the penny gum machine, though

There is a Best Burger at the corner of Pleasanton & Hutchins. Is that the one you're meaning? Griff's Burger is still on Pleasanton, just south of S.W. Military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio