Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM

343 posts, read 1,305,330 times

Advertisements

As reported by WOAI. Air Force investigating whether corn tortillas have caused the cancer in south side.

Investigation: Could Corn Tortillas Be Causing Cancer? | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

I guess no more tacos, enchiladas, migas con huevo or tamales.

That explains why all my friends and family living in Mexico are dying from liver cancer. My old rancho is wiped out because everyone has or had liver cancer. All these years of eating tortillas with every meal. My God!! What have we done to ourselves!!!

Seriously, what a waste of taxpayer money. They're just trying to find a way to avoid having to pay for any pending lawsuits or clean up. Me thinks.

P.S. I just read that ethanol will cause an increase in cancer. Ethanol is derived from corn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM

167 posts, read 590,753 times
I think laboratory rats are predisposed to cancer to begin with...

Old 02-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
Seriously, what a waste of taxpayer money. They're just trying to find a way to avoid having to pay for any pending lawsuits or clean up. Me thinks.
There's another, more cavalier way to look at this... if the government can explain away the cause of that cancer cluster, it will save a lot of taxpayer money that would have gone to lawsuits and cleanup.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Well than let me start my Chemo now...because I am in BIG trouble if they do!

At least I will die HAPPY!

Next study will say that they can also be said to cause diabetes...look how many Mexican Americans eat totillas and have Diabetes....hey, they might cause black hair and brown eyes as well!

On a serious note, if we stopped everything that some study said causes cancer, we would not be getting up every morning...no WONDER there are all these hypocondriacs out there...they have been scared to death (pun intended) by all these studies!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:53 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,179 times
I swear! Every time you turn around there's some kind of "study" that says something or other is bad for you, will cause cancer, make you sterile, make your skin break out in pink and purple polka dots, etc.! Then, they come up with some medication to take for said condition, but the medication causes side effects that require you to take yet a different medication. Then, guess what? THAT medication also has side effect! Sheesh!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM

604 posts, read 1,871,689 times
MONEY
(doom de da dum doom doom doom doom)
anyone know the song?? lol

eating caesar salad causes herpes. not really j/k

Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I swear! Every time you turn around there's some kind of "study" that says something or other is bad for you, will cause cancer, make you sterile, make your skin break out in pink and purple polka dots, etc.! Then, they come up with some medication to take for said condition, but the medication causes side effects that require you to take yet a different medication. Then, guess what? THAT medication also has side effect! Sheesh!
Well, one thing for sure: It has been medically proven that living will eventually cause death.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:25 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
I have a question about the water in the Kelly area causing cancer. Aren't those people on the SAWS water system?? If they had private wells then I could see how dumping something on the ground would cause problems. But isn't their water piped in to the houses??

Old 02-29-2008, 06:31 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSA_wxatUIW View Post
MONEY
(doom de da dum doom doom doom doom)
anyone know the song?? lol

eating caesar salad causes herpes. not really j/k
You mean the Pink Floyd classic? Of course.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
I have a question about the water in the Kelly area causing cancer. Aren't those people on the SAWS water system?? If they had private wells then I could see how dumping something on the ground would cause problems. But isn't their water piped in to the houses??
EXACTLY!! I've been saying the same thing for years! Finally, someone else has some freakin' common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio