Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times

Advertisements

Wow, that's quite a history lesson on the neighborhood. So, some of the first oil wells in Texas were right down the street from my house. Very interesting. The Dullnigs and the Palfreys. I always wondered about the origins of some of our street names. Here's a quiz. Who remembers the name of the street that that is now called Southcross where it runs between S. Presa and Pecan Valley? Hint: It starts with a "D". And I'll bet there is some history behind that name as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Dauchy Road. I have been trying to find history about it so any is appreciated. If you google 'dauchy rd san antonio' the first hit will be a link to Google Maps showing the E Southcross and S New Braunfels intersection.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 AM

925 posts, read 1,227,806 times
So no one has any information on what they're building at Pecan Valley Dr. and Southcross Blvd?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:29 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,762 times
I went by there today and to me it looks like a church or an addition to the golf club or the apartments (club house??). I know the apartment offices is right next to it.

I'm surprised there aren't signs up telling us what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
So no one has any information on what they're building at Pecan Valley Dr. and Southcross Blvd?

Old 01-06-2008, 11:30 PM

87 posts, read 294,901 times
You know I pass by that building on Pecan Valley and Southcross all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if it is a church.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 AM

I was kind of hoping for another Bingo Parlor Although they may have Bingo also.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM

44 posts, read 192,119 times
Hey Bob,

Check out the San Antonio realtor website. One of the houses on Killarney that overlooks the valley just went on the market...

BrianW

Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I meant to call the realtor to see what they are asking for it but I forgot. It's a great place too, one of the better homes along that curve. I looked it up on the BAD website and looked at the improvments. I had to laugh. It said that there was a detached deck in back that was something like 200 sq ft and a jucussi that was 1 sq ft. I guess it's just big enough to soak your feet in. Unless you have square feet, then you can only soak one at a time.

Do you have a link to that listing?

Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM

44 posts, read 192,119 times
Here's the link:

Single Family Home - 227 KILLARNEY DR, San Antonio, TX, 78223 - Realtor.com

What's the matter? You don't think you could use a 1 sf jacuzzi????

Old 08-01-2009, 02:04 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Wow, that's quite a history lesson on the neighborhood. So, some of the first oil wells in Texas were right down the street from my house. Very interesting. The Dullnigs and the Palfreys. I always wondered about the origins of some of our street names. Here's a quiz. Who remembers the name of the street that that is now called Southcross where it runs between S. Presa and Pecan Valley? Hint: It starts with a "D". And I'll bet there is some history behind that name as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Dauchy Road. I have been trying to find history about it so any is appreciated. If you google 'dauchy rd san antonio' the first hit will be a link to Google Maps showing the E Southcross and S New Braunfels intersection.
I remember Dauchy Rd.well, running up the hill East of S. Presa on past McCreless...site. Do you remember the other two streets to the west replaced with the name Southcross. Tennessee and Pacific Ave.'s I went to Elementary on one of them. Known a lot of people in Pecan Valley over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio