Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:35 AM

18 posts, read 136,252 times

Advertisements

Hello my daughter has celiacs too and it is tough to find places to eat for her, have you tried Asia Kitchen off 410 and Marbach they have a gluten free menu and good priced and the food is great too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 08:37 AM

18 posts, read 136,252 times
Default Willies

For my family Willies is by far the best place to eat in San Antonio

Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,018,896 times
Willies is good.. too much food for me.. but good!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:48 PM

3 posts, read 15,960 times
Alamo Cafe & Old Blanco Cafe - Mexican foods
Chester's & Chris Madrids- Hamburgers
Zio's - Italian foods
Clear Springs - Best Onion rings, good seafood & steaks
Applebee's - family restaurant, weight watchers menu

Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 AM

130 posts, read 544,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwes1 View Post
Tomatillos,Formsa Garden Chinese,MK Davis and Wing Stop.
Honorble mentions:
Sheesha's,Fat Burger,Pig Stand and El Potosino

I used to love MK Davis as a kid.

I went back this summer... and, not so good.

We waited in line for 20 mins just to have 2 roaches crawl out of the wall and on to our table right as i took the first bite of my food.... I was disgusted.

We told the waitress, she told the manager and they didn't know what to say. They said we didn't have to pay, so we just left.

I feel bad , but that is GROSS.

My personal favorites are Acenar, Rudy's BBQ, BLanco Cafe, Tip Top's, The Iron Cactus, Chris Madrids, Twin Sisters, Tomatillos, Henry's Puffy Tacos, Godai, & Rosarios.

Last edited by mclor85; 01-17-2008 at 10:39 AM..

Old 01-17-2008, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 10,505 times
Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLikeTexas View Post
Hi All...

We are a family that cannot tolerate wheat products. We are "gluten free." A new discovery of ours is the Little Aussie Bakery and Cafe off of Ave. B behind Broadway. It is one of the few "gluten free" restaurants in the nation. The pizza was great and they have fabulous desserts. If you are gluten free or know of a family who is, spread the word, they need it! We visited on our last trip to SA and look forward to eating there once we move next summer.

Blessings,
HW

I have recently found out that I have celiac disease and was THRILLED to find out about this place. I will be moving to SA Feb 1 and can't wait to get to this place!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,303,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ34 View Post
Alamo Cafe & Old Blanco Cafe - Mexican foods
Chester's & Chris Madrids- Hamburgers
Zio's - Italian foods
Clear Springs - Best Onion rings, good seafood & steaks
Applebee's - family restaurant, weight watchers menu
As the guy who started this thread, Zio's and Applebee's are chain restaurants and shouldn't be mentioned here. My intent was to highlight the locally owned and unique restaurants.

That being said, I didn't know Applebee's offered a Weight Watchers menu. Thanks for the info. As someone whose weight needs to be watched (and dropped) I am probably going go there (in college, I dated a girl for a short time who worked there). For the most part, they actually don't suck (except for their steaks) Their Asian Chicken Salad is pretty damn good!

The sad thing is that outside of GINI'S, San Antonio's local restaurants don't offer much in the way of healthy food. So the Applebee's mention is especially appealing to me.

But Zio's? C'mon, that's just wrong.

Try Instead:

Piccolos's
Grissini's
Lorenzo's

Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,067,455 times
The Capparelli's on Evers is really good, consistently. The one on Babcock and Huebner is good, just not as consistent, in my experience.

Texas Hamburger Company is good, but they've gotten greasier over the years. Or maybe they always were and I am just paying better attention to it now.

The House of Pizza is making a comeback with my family. They seem to be settled right now with decent help. The food has always been good--from burgers to Chinese to stromboli to subs to actual pizza, they even have wings, which is like the only thing we haven't tried--and the last 2 times we went were actually enjoyable. (I'm only talking about the one at Tezel/Timber Path.)

Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 AM

634 posts, read 2,924,579 times
Papa Dante's - Homestyle Italian food (located in Converse)
China Sea Buffet - Chinese buffet
Chester's - Hamburgers

Old 01-19-2008, 11:36 AM

634 posts, read 2,924,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
>> Papa Dante's in Converse<<

I'm glad to hear that place is still around. I use to live in the subdivision south of there - we went a lot - had the same waitress who saw my son grow from a baby to about 2 years old when we moved.
You too!!

That place is so friendly and so homey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio