Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:13 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,832,938 times

Advertisements

Come on now. Whaddya expect from the article... The honest truth about this city? Castro is well aware that this is his opportunity to sell San Antonio to a mass-market through all of this limelight. He's going to coat everything about SA in honey. I understand it, although I do smile at how much liberty he's taking with some of what he says.

Politics is all smoke and mirrors. The sooner you accept this, the better off you'll be

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 04:52 PM

282 posts, read 473,811 times
I've never seem him in person but I just saw him on World News being interviewed by Diane Sawyer. He's short haha

Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,331,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
NOT disagreeing with you, but in the last couple of years we have become friends (through our kids) with two families that came from Berkeley. I always found that interesting, as our circle of friends is not huge.

I have NO facts to back this up, but it just seems that Austin is becoming more conservative... and SA the opposite. Maybe it's just the part of SA I hang around.
I don't feel that at all. If anything, it has become more liberal imo. But let's not make this about Austin please. Back on topic.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM

448 posts, read 922,022 times
It's a very exciting time Mayor Castro and the city of San Antonio!!!!

From CNN:
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

From MSNBC:
Castro to go after Romney in keynote - First Read

From ABCNews:
DNC 2012: Meet Keynote Speaker, Julian Castro - ABC News

Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM

841 posts, read 1,754,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
I don't feel that at all. If anything, it has become more liberal imo. But let's not make this about Austin please. Back on topic.
I wasn't trying to, but upon re-reading my post I can see how it might seem that way. My point was just that there may indeed be a reason why they were appearing to assign the "Berkeley of the Southwest" label to San Antonio - it has in my eyes become much more liberal/progressive over the last decade. It's not anywhere close to Berkeley obviously, but I can see the path that it is on, and its relative change has been noticeable. I'm not saying "this belief is better than that belief", but rather, "hmm, interesting that others seem to notice the same thing".

Some of my friends do not like Julian, but I have found him to always be honest and wanting to do what he believes to be good for the neighborhood (back when he was my councilman) or the city (as mayor). I may not always agree with him, but I always feel that he believes he is doing the right thing. For perspective, I never felt that way about Henry C. - it always seemed like it was about him.

This article is well-deserved, and it is good for SA.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,331,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
I wasn't trying to, but upon re-reading my post I can see how it might seem that way. My point was just that there may indeed be a reason why they were appearing to assign the "Berkeley of the Southwest" label to San Antonio - it has in my eyes become much more liberal/progressive over the last decade. It's not anywhere close to Berkeley obviously, but I can see the path that it is on, and its relative change has been noticeable. I'm not saying "this belief is better than that belief", but rather, "hmm, interesting that others seem to notice the same thing".

Some of my friends do not like Julian, but I have found him to always be honest and wanting to do what he believes to be good for the neighborhood (back when he was my councilman) or the city (as mayor). I may not always agree with him, but I always feel that he believes he is doing the right thing. For perspective, I never felt that way about Henry C. - it always seemed like it was about him.

This article is well-deserved, and it is good for SA.
Very agreeable.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM

282 posts, read 473,811 times
I liked the mayor's speech... to some extent.

I'm glad he spoke on the first day. That's enough bologna I can take for the week

Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,225,517 times
The Drudge Report decided tonight was a good time to link to this article, as a "flashback."

San Antonio candidate's twin a parade stand-in - Houston Chronicle

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM

4,457 posts, read 5,386,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
The Drudge Report decided tonight was a good time to link to this article, as a "flashback."

Priceless.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,061,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post

Seriously, that's the best "The Drudge" can do? Weak. It was over seven years ago, let it go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio