Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyEng View Post
There was a discussion a couple weeks ago about 78250 and how great it was. There was some disagreement about if there was gang activity or not...well, in my nice "safe home", I was on lock down with the shot gun ready to take care of business this afternoon. Never had to do that before.

What's so great about this town again?

Possible gang-related shooting breaks the peace of northwest-side park | kens5.com San Antonio
i would go out on a limb and say this behavior is not the usual crime you see on the NW side (you said west, but in fact it is on the NW side). more, this is behavior you see on other, less desirable sides of town (here is where west side would fit nicely).

also, this fight was in a park.

since parks tend to be spread out and not grouped together, its not fair to say 'oh this happened on so and so side of town', since its a park where people from all over the city gather.

however,

it does show you just how trashy and ghetto certain peoples are and how nothing you do can take the ghetto out of them. learned behaviors from bad parenting...

Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Actually, it sounds like the rest of San Antonio is catching up: Murder rate up on north and east sides, S.A. crime stats show | kens5.com San Antonio
damnit so much. hood rats just have to invade the north sides since theyve gone and messed up their neighborhoods.

's only a matter of time before they start invading central SA (where i live) and start messing it up.

thankfully, one of the retard taggers in my neighborhood was caught recently by a business owner as he dirtied up his dumpster. kid got smacked around a few times before cops took him away.

now that we know what he looks like and who he hangs around with, we know who to go after should tagging start up again.

its sad that the tagging problem in my neighborhood was mostly the works of 2 people, one of which was arrested and hopefully has stopped, or at least moved on, with his disgusting displays of 'art'.

/man its cold this morning!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,411,503 times
I don't remember anyone here giving glowing reviews of 78250?

Old 11-04-2011, 08:35 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,765 times
It was this thread...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...g-78250-a.html

I was trying to be open minded and polite when I said everything west of Bandera is a crap hole. GW said it correctly....It is anything west of I-10 is a crap hole and going down fast.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:53 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times
Sitting here behind a terminal isn't gonna fix it. When you see tagging - paint over it immediately. Report those doing it, clean up the mess and keep it cleaned up and after a while they'll move along. We had some beginnings of this mess back in the mid-90's when we lived in Silver Creek. The back fence backed up against the street, and some thought it was their personal art board. I would pressure wash or overpaint it the minute I saw it. Also monitored to get a feel for when it was happening, and managed to catch one. Let the cops have what was left after he made the mistake of thinking he could "take" a 6' dude that hauled hay routinely.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 AM

89 posts, read 148,255 times
i live in the WEST ,WEST SIDE. the old school westside. all my co workers have moved to these "safe nice suburban", areas and would shake there heads at me for staying in a "bad part" of the city.

I keep telling them its not like that anymore and its really quiet since the city spread out all the section 8 people. After hearing that report the other day im the one shaking my head at them. SOOOO much money they spent to live in those areas...now what

Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick m View Post
i laugh when people actually try to defend little pocket neighborhoods in crappy areas such as alamo ranch and westover hills.

it is like saying you have the prettiest turd in the toilet.

the west side, as in west of I10 is littered with gangs and wannabes and as a result it is dangerous as hell.
You said you just moved here and you already know this? Hmmmmm

Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,991 times
It's everywhere, some places higher scale, others lower scale.. I was at Exxon on the corner of Blanco and West Ave the other day and 4 thumper cars pulled in quickly; they all got out and got into a heavy shoving match. I was really suprised knives or guns didn't come out of their pockets. That area seems to be FULL of "section *" people, with those ghetto apartments in the area...

Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
It's everywhere, some places higher scale, others lower scale.. I was at Exxon on the corner of Blanco and West Ave the other day and 4 thumper cars pulled in quickly; they all got out and got into a heavy shoving match. I was really suprised knives or guns didn't come out of their pockets. That area seems to be FULL of "section *" people, with those ghetto apartments in the area...
It is well known that area was the dumping grounds for all the Katrina refugees.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
It is well known that area was the dumping grounds for all the Katrina refugees.
Very Interesting... I had no idea!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio