Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 AM

258 posts, read 641,138 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried La Focaccia in King William? I'm just wondering if it is casual or not? Some Italian restaurants are stuffy and quiet, so I'm just wondering if it would be a good place for us or not.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,466,563 times
You can be casual in La Focaccia. There are very few stuffy places in South Town. Most are nice but still laid back.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 PM

70 posts, read 168,600 times
I definitely recommend Guenther House for breakfast. I take all my guests from out of town there. Rosario's is a good choice for lunch or dinner. The last few times I went to La Frite it seemed the quality had slipped, but when it first opened it was very good. It might still be; I haven't been back in ages. La Fonda on Main in Monte Vista is recommended. A little further north, I would give Olmos Park Bistro a try. I haven't been, but it's the same guys who did L'Etoile, which unfortunately closed some time ago. I would also one day like to try Tangere on Olmos and McCullough. Bistro Vatel or Ciao, right next door, are fine choices. On the river, Ostra (formerly Pesca). Il Sogno is excellent. And La Gloria Icehouse, also in the Pearl Brewery, which is also on the river, but "River North." It's family-friendly too. Also worth a visit: Urban Taco and Max's Wine Dive Bar in the Quarry Village, though the latter seemed a little hit and miss to me (I did really like the truffle fried egg sandwich; not so much the salmon).

Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 PM

258 posts, read 641,138 times
Thanks for the suggestions. We ate at Azuca for lunch, it was different and we really liked it.
We had La Focaccia for dinner, great Italian food. We went to Gunther, but it was an hour wait, so we left and went to the Mad hatter, we really enjoyed it.
Thanks again, we will have to try the other suggestions another time.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:56 PM

27 posts, read 39,572 times
urbanspoon.com found me many great resturants

Old 04-09-2011, 05:02 PM

420 posts, read 1,160,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam143 View Post
urbanspoon.com found me many great resturants
According to your San Antonio sucks post it has only found you 2 that were passable enough to return to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio