Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2007, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 87,809 times

Advertisements

Im relocating to Tracy from Long Beach, (but I promise I shall return LBC!!!). I may be there a few years and will probaly buy a condo. What are the areas to avoid in Tracy.

What are the areas with the most crime and overcrowding?

Oh What the hell ... where are the white peole in Tracy. That's where I want to live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM

257 posts, read 1,058,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidescube View Post
Im relocating to Tracy from Long Beach, (but I promise I shall return LBC!!!). I may be there a few years and will probaly buy a condo. What are the areas to avoid in Tracy.

Oh What the hell ... where are the white peole in Tracy. That's where I want to live!
So non-white people = crime and overcrowding?
There's nothing wrong with wanitng to live around people who are similar to you but you don't have to make effed up associations.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,719 times
Tracy, a once small agriculture town, has grown and with its growth has become very diversified in culture and ethnic backround. A good thing if you appreciate unique and different points of view. In general the newer areas are the West and South portions of the city. If you talk to business people or police that are aware of problems with "getting along": Neighbor disputes, restraining orders fights etc. The newer areas tend to have more. Those of us that have been here for a while ( I since 1967) and are in the more established areas don't seem to have a lot of problems. We do have gangs, although our police chief doesn't think so. The gangs most in the news appear to be Hispanic unlike Stockton, a city to our North, that has Southeast Asia gangs as well. I'm sure there are troublemakers from all backrounds as no one ethnic group has a lock on stupidity. One area you probably should avoid based on the comments of the last few sentences is the few blocks around Grantline Rd and Holly Dr. Look for North School on a map and about one block East and bordered on the other three sides by Tracy Blvd on West, Grantline on South and Clover on North.

One other comment. This question doesn't really belong in a Sacramento forum. Tracy is actually closer to San Jose and almost as near San Francisco. We are in none of those counties. I would suspect if it were on it's own general California thread you might get more comments.

P.S. Wait for July and August,. You will just love our warm weather. LOL

Old 06-13-2007, 08:54 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,045 times
I honestly wouldn't buy there right now. That area is being the hardest hit by the whole housing thing. Unless of course you can get a home for a good amount under market value.

Oh and tomorrow's high is 97, not even in the middle of June yet. Have fun.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 8,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidescube View Post

I've been in Tracy 25 years (relocated from Huntington Beach) and watched all the farmland turn into housing tracts. Town turned into a SF Bay Area bedroom community along the way, lost much of it's small town charm and and gained some bigger town problems, namely drugs & crime. There's plenty of crackheads but most look normal unless you know what you're looking at. There's also plenty of gang activity right down into the middle schools though most are wannabes compared to the Bay Area or Long Beach. Other than that, most crime here is related to car theft or smashed windows.

It was a great place for my kids to grow up but I wouldn't do it now. If you've got kids in school, get them into a country school district. Tracy Unified is HORRIBLE.

In a nutshell, if you're considering an area check it out after dark before you buy and stop by the nearest convenience store. Take a look at who is there late. If you see dealers and crackheads, you found an area to avoid.

I would avoid the downtown/central area, it's cleaning up but it's not there yet. I'd avoid most areas east of Tracy Blvd, west of East St., north of 6th St. South of 6th is a real mix of old rundown areas and brand spankin' new high dollar homes. Defining a northern border is a little more difficult. The Larch Rd. area at the extreme north is historically not somewhere I'd consider but some really expensive homes have been going in. Still, I wouldn't buy there.

Honestly, it all depends on what you want to spend. I'm not a realtor but I've lived here a long time and I've been keeping an eye on the market because I'm looking to move before too long. If you want to post anything specific, I'll give you my take on it.

Good luck, hope some of this is useful -- wave at the beach for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento