Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,854 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I just got a job in Sacramento near Rancho Cordova (off Folsom and Bradshaw), and from what I've read it seems like the area around that area is not so great.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, and am open to renting both an apartment (just one of me) or sharing a house with other people.

If moving further from where my work is, I'd rather head out down Jackson Highway as I'll be heading out that direction on a regular basis.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
There are some apartments around Folsom Blvd and Hazel Ave. In addition, you can find some pretty nice apartments around Sunrise Blvd and between Coloma Rd and Gold Country Blvd. If you stay to the east side of Sunrise Blvd in that general area (that would be considered the Gold River community), you have some decent choices.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 PM

68 posts, read 315,713 times
Folsom is nice, Jackson will be to far of a commute, dont live in Rancho, its filled with Getto if you know what I mean!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 AM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times
What is your budget?

Some people don't care for Rancho Cordova because it is home to lots of renters and the schools are so so. But since you don't have kids and you are merely looking to rent, other people's issues with Rancho Cordova might not be applicable to you. If you had more money to rent, you could look at renting something in Campus Commons or Selby Ranch which are both upscale places to rent something. But that might also be complete overkill.

http://www.breselbyranch.com/

Assuming you are just looking to rent a place for yourself, Rancho Cordova is probably perfectly fine.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 7,759 times
Rancho Cordova is not even close to Ghetto... give me a break.... Sacramento and all surrounding areas are pretty darn nice.... I live in the Bay area... It is way more ghetto in SF & it costs 600,000+ to live in a neighboorhood that smells of urine & trash all over the place... Then we have East Oakland now that is ghetto.... I am moving to Rancho... Very nice... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 PM

405 posts, read 1,346,062 times
mmm... I disagree will, it's pretty ghetto. Depending on what the poster can afford there are much nicer places to live in Sac.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:12 PM

17 posts, read 62,579 times
I would suggest going east on 50, past Zinfandel. The eastern part of Rancho Cordova isn't so bad, and by "eastern" I mean the part of RC that borders Citrus Heights and Fair Oaks. The rest of RC, well, I think it is questionable as to how safe it really is. I wouldn't call it ghetto, but it is definitely lower middle class with lots of low income pockets.

I recommend looking at apartment complexes and small homes off of Sunrise and Hazel. Both have easy access to light rail too. Your commute to Bradshaw/Folsom would be about 20-25 minutes.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:53 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
I lived in Midtown, and worked in Rancho Cordova, off Bradshaw.

It's a reverse commute. Took 20 minutes TOPS

www.midtowngrid.com

OH! And if the traffic is ever hellishly back up on the 50, then just take Folsom Blvd all the way into work! SWEET!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms1967 View Post
mmm... I disagree will, it's pretty ghetto. Depending on what the poster can afford there are much nicer places to live in Sac.
I agree. If you have te money and want something nice, you'd not pick Rancho Codova to live. And being single no kids, go somewhere that has things to do or some night life close by. Rancho Cordova/Rosemont area is for people who need affordable areas of low rent housing

Old 02-23-2010, 12:38 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the gate View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got a job in Sacramento near Rancho Cordova (off Folsom and Bradshaw), and from what I've read it seems like the area around that area is not so great.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, and am open to renting both an apartment (just one of me) or sharing a house with other people.

If moving further from where my work is, I'd rather head out down Jackson Highway as I'll be heading out that direction on a regular basis.

Thanks!
We lived in Capital Reserve apartments off of Data Drive and thought it was ok, but it was about the only complex in Rancho I would live in. Stay away from ANY complex on or around Coloma. You need to be on the south side of White Rock at the very least. The drive from there to FTB is about 10 - 15 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento