Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:49 PM

65 posts, read 275,663 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Loma Linda, San Bernardino County area. I'm tired of the smog here. When it gets hot, you can see 2 blocks in front of you. You wouldn't even know there were mountains in the distance if you visited during the summer. Quick question: is smog a problem in Lincoln and Roseville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 03:20 PM

433 posts, read 2,355,724 times
The smog is not bad in Roseville. There will be days in July and August with bad air days during the heat waves though. You might have visibilities down to 4 or 5 miles instead of 2 blocks.

Funny thing is, that Money magazine link to air quality also shows Roseville California having the skinniest people in America. They do indeed work out and jog a lot. The link also shows Roseville at #11 in the nation in job growth and Folsom at #9.

Somehow we survive and even thrive here with less than Swiss Alp, pristine air...

Old 05-13-2007, 06:57 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,781,529 times
THat air quality map only goes to citrus heights. After, that it is better.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:31 PM

Thanks all for replies. My email address is: jcchen@llu.edu

I went to Napa Valley area for college. I'm also interested in hearing your experiences there as well.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:49 PM

PS check out craigslist.org and monster.com if you are looking for jobs.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:35 PM

433 posts, read 2,355,724 times
mksearch,

I can't tell you where the jobs are at in Roseville.

Do take a drive down Douglas Blvd. Look at the commercial business construction. Also drive on Eureka and look at the big business complexes going in. And Lastly, drive on Highway 65 between Lincoln and Roseville. More large business buildings going in. The growth appears amazing to me.

So while residential construction has slowed down, commercial appears to be booming in these areas. Lots of white collar type jobs coming in.

By the way, Union Pacific Railroad is so desperate for workers that they are sending unsolicited notices out to the general public. At least they sent one to me - out of the blue. Good, well-paying career blue collar jobs in Roseville and elsewhere in Cal and nationwide. They provide training. Check out their web site.

Good luck.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Mksearch,
Thanks, that's an excellent map.

For folks in other locations, here's their main website.

http://www.creativemethods.com/airqu...maps/index.htm

Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 PM

375 posts, read 1,725,055 times
The smog in Roseville isn't bad. We do have bad air days in the summer when it is over 100. We have several days through July & Aug that are over 100. Last year it was 112 and I live at the base of foothills next to Roseville.

Roseville is flat, but there are some really nice areas there with some nice new homes. It is worth checking it out.

Roseville has really grown by leaps and bounds. There are lots of Jobs in just about every field.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:56 AM

375 posts, read 1,725,055 times
There are plenty of jobs if you are in the medical, dental, retail, contractor or home repair fields. Even some computer people are doing well on their own. My stepson is installing DVR systems at business offices. Works on their computers on the side.

We will be putting our Dental office on the market next month that is located in Citrus Heights (5 minutes from Roseville). Many people that live in Roseville drive to surrounding towns/cities for their employment.

There isn't too much Lincoln except new homes and strip malls. It's growing area.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:00 PM

Default So not too saturated?

so the SAC area is not too saturated with dentists??? I'm interested in hearing more of your experiences as a dentist in that area. thank you! you can email me @ jcchen@llu.edu Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento