Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 10:14 PM

490 posts, read 838,315 times

Advertisements

New home developments here:
7016 Greenford Way
Roseville , CA 95747

Could you tell me how is the area in general in terms of:

1. convenience (shopping, public transportation, freeway access, traffic, etc)
2. safety/crime
3. schools
4. air/soil quality (I believe this is party of the Fiddyment area, former farmland. Is it close to landfill or other undesirables?)
5. During the last real estate bubble low point (around 2011), how well did home prices hold? Folsom held pretty well compared to much of the rest of Sacramento, and Elk Grove and Natomas were hit pretty hard. Just wondering how Roseville fared in comparison.

It's a pretty new area, so I'm thinking there isn't enough data yet. There's no HOA, so I'm wondering how this area will fare in the long term, based on current Roseville residents' experiences with previous new developments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,309,259 times
In general the schools in Roseville are pretty good. But in areas that are growing quickly its fairly common for school district attendance zones to change to relieve overcrowding, so I wouldn't get too attached to test scores at any one specific school in that part of Roseville. Its a new neighborhood, I wouldn't expect much criime, traffic is some what of an unknown because so much of the surrounding area could be developed later and when that occurs more traffic is generated and some streets get widened.

The big employers in that area would be HP (enterprise? what ever is the part of HP that doesn't make printers) and Oracle. HP is still contracting in Sacramento. They also just sold off the land under their facility in Roseville. I think the market is still moving away from HP and I am not sure how large of presence they will keep in the area. Depending on how quickly Hp continues to shrink, I think there is some risk during the next down turn. At the same time the overall economy along the highway 65 corridor is diversifying. If they got some new employers to move to the area, the neighborhood might do very well during the next down turn.

Personally if I was relying on random strangers to get me advice about a community, I wouldn't be buying in that community for investment property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento