Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 AM

5 posts, read 18,532 times

Advertisements

Hello all im a native of Richmond,Ca lived here my entire life (all 19 years of it ) and I've decided its time for a change!! I visit Sacramento every now and then and whenever I visit i'm always in the Natomas area(my girlfriends parents live in the area a little bit passed Raley's) but my question is how is the area by the Natomas Ridge Apartments, whenever I'm out in Sacramento i never pay it to much attention but just looking at it when i pass by it seems like a nice place to stay in a good location. So any Info anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!! Located around 2025 W. El Camino AVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 AM

45 posts, read 192,091 times
I'm sorry to say, but those apartments suck. Poorly managed and that area has gone down hill.
You'd probably wanna look elsewhere in Sac. EastSac, Land Park, Midtown, or Arden-Arcade along Fair Oaks Blvd.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 AM

did you use to stay at the apartments? or do you know enough about them to be able to give a little more info

Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureProducer View Post
did you use to stay at the apartments? or do you know enough about them to be able to give a little more info
I didn't live there, but I had some friends up there, so I was there often.
The area isn't the best. Alright. You're living in a city so there's gonna be some trouble areas. I guess my point is that there are better and safer areas to chose from. But more importantly than the location is the management.
No one had anything good to say about it. Poor security, for the most part your complaints are ignored, the staff is unprofessional.
I've lived in apartments my whole life, so I know that no place is perfect. But from everything I saw and heard, Natomas Ridge reminded me of a place I used to live at. Inept staff, tenants who are not courteous (to say the least), crime, etc etc...
But of course, this is just from my observations. I'm just one person, and you should gather information from as many sources as possible. The last time I was there was a year ago...maybe things have changed since then.
You can always ask your girlfriends parents, especially if they still live around there. And maybe someone who currently lives there will fill you in.

If you end up moving there though, I'd recommend signing the shortest lease available. If they offer 3 months, take it. If the place is good, stay. If not, it's only 3 months, then you can move on.

oh, and I just noticed you're 19.
Are you going to college?
If so, look at Campus Commons and Sierra Oaks. Lots of college students live there and the apartments are quite affordable.

So anyway, just one persons' opinion.
Gather up as much information (from people & the web) as you can, before you make your final decision.
And good luck! I know it's tough when you're looking for a new place.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:15 PM

Thanks alot for the info and suggestions. Yes I'm currently at Berkeley City College, and im hoping to transfer to Sacramento City College, so ill check out the area of the apartments that you mentioned and continue to gather info thanks alot!!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureProducer View Post
Thanks alot for the info and suggestions. Yes I'm currently at Berkeley City College, and im hoping to transfer to Sacramento City College, so ill check out the area of the apartments that you mentioned and continue to gather info thanks alot!!
Oh cool.
Yea, the apartments in that area house lots of college students. Most are from SacState.
Sac City College is only about 15 minutes away from the area of the apartments I mentioned though. No problem.
I actually would recommend this place called Courtside Gardens. I knew some people who lived there and they liked it. Pretty good area and affordable. The only thing that they said was a nuisance was the occasional noise from the train.
I looked up the address for you: 5901 Newman Ct Sacramento, CA 95819
When you start looking for your new place you may wanna swing by there and check it out.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM

24 posts, read 110,361 times
Sac City is by South Land Park and Midtown which are very cool places to live. I agree that the area of Natomas you mentioned is rough (& dirty). Check out the police department crime map which gives a clearer picture.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:51 AM

Thanks you guys i just noticed the rate post positively button, so i got you both with that.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:00 PM

i ran across Miramonte Trovas apartments its about 16minutes from sac city but its close to alot of stores an seems to be in a good neighborhooh

Old 06-13-2009, 02:18 PM

415 posts, read 545,222 times
If you are planning on going to city college, why not live closer to campus? I would look at Land Park, Curtis Park and Carleton Tract. In those neighborhoods you should be able to find something in your budget yet still be fairly close to school. When you want to go see your girlfriends parents, you can drive out to Natomas.

ARC has a branch campus out in Natomas, the class offerings are pretty limited. My hunch is that you are going to be spending a lot of time and money driving out to either ARC or Sac City College to get classes. If you are going to move to Sacramento to attend a community college, you might as well live closer to campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento