Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:49 PM

21,893 posts, read 25,208,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianewk View Post
Thanks. It looks like they're pretty focused on developmental programs though. I'm a little beyond that and working towards an upgrade to Cat I in about a year or so. Looks like a great program for those just getting into racing.

"The Body Concepts Team is a Developmental Race Team focused on teaching fundamental bike skills, team tactics/strategy and proven fitness programs for entry level racers (category 5 and 4’s) with emphasis on the Master’s categories and a Women’s program."

I've done some research on Midtown. Not a lot of properties available it seems. Maybe nobody wants to leave!
What are you looking for? There's a lot of apartments -- mostly older sorta dumpy but have some charm. There's a few horribly overpriced new stuff as well that's very nice. If you're looking for a house... yeah, slim pickings. That's mostly East Sacramento... good luck.

For racing there's the Golden Wheelmen Sacramento Golden Wheelmen Bicycle Racing Team and Delto Velo Michael David Winery Delta Velo is out of Lodi/Stockton, though... so that's a long drive. They're a bit more active than SWG. You can also ride with the Davis Cycling Team on their training rides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 PM

38 posts, read 86,248 times
Thanks for all the inputs/advice so far!

We're looking to rent for now. This is our last assignment before retirement in summer 2015. I can stay there up to four years if I decide to continue on, but that's unlikely. If we fall in love with the area we could potentially retire there and I'd look for a job in government contracting. Probably with the same office I'm going to.

We're not opposed to buying. We bought homes in the last three places we've lived and have had good luck with resale because we do as much research as we can on the areas we purchase and try to keep resale at the top of our agenda with updating/renovating, etc. This time we could potentially focus on something more permanent, but again, that depends on whether or not we decide to retire there.

Our plan to date is to retire in Portland near family.

We're going to be cutting out square footage by about 75% it looks like. That'll mean some serious downsizing. 18 years of accumulation from around the world adds up.

We're more than happy to live in a small place as long as the area is cool. Only issue with that is the dog. I'm pretty spoiled just letting her out the front door whenever.

Tall order...and sort of odd circumstances. This one's going to be a challenge.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 PM

90 posts, read 201,624 times
I won't be much help on where to live, as I do live in suburbia. However, I live about 15 minutes from Beale and I commute to Sac (Downtown) for work. Because she would be going reverse traffic it would be about an hour (like someone else said) but it would be moving the whole time.

The biggest issue is the fog. If you aren't used to driving in fog...and I mean THICK fog...this can be terrifying. There are often times that you can't see the road in front of you and have to drive with the windows down and radio off to listen for cars. This is especially true as she hits the more rural sections of her drive, and there will be a lot of that.

Just keep that in mind wherever you move. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento