Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:25 PM

20 posts, read 105,802 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I still couldn't find the crime rate info on the internet for the area around the Mira Loma high (close to Edison + Eastern Ave). The police reports seemed not updated, and not enough info. If you're living around that area, or know it well, I'd really appreciate your info on its crime rate.

Thanks and Regards,
Duong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 05:33 PM

38 posts, read 148,090 times
Sorry it took so long to get back.

"Thanks for the advise. How's about the other end of the Edision, toward the Mira Loma high school?"

Edison starts getting real bad at Fulton Ave and continues to get worse until it ends at Marconi. Not a good area. It also runs right next to Capital City Freeway. Right next to it.

In between Fulton and Watt is not horrible but not great either. Watt is extremely busy, pretty much all day long. A middle school (Arcade) takes up a lot of ground on one side of Edison/Watt.

Mira Loma is in between Watt and Eastern. Mira Loma isn't the nicest of schools (I think it has a really good beginning engineering program though). The housing is decent. Nothing spectacular, far from horrible. This is probably the best stretch of Edison. Again, not great but nice enough. If you had to live anywhere on Edison I think you'd want this area, though there are definitely better parts of Sacramento. That being said, the Watt to Fulton area isn't the worst if you're not expecting something phenomenal.

I would stay away from going further down Edison past Fulton.

Last edited by PapaDoc313; 10-17-2008 at 06:29 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 PM

57 posts, read 273,090 times
I grew up about 2 miles from the Carmichael boundary so spent a lot of time over there. Like others have said, it used to be better. I've never been to Boston although I have some sense of what it's like - at least from what's shown on TV - which could be very far from reality, judging by how California is portrayed. I guess my point is, do you know what you're getting in to?

Carmichael is essentially 50s-era suburbia. There are some new houses too, and there are some areas that have remained relatively rural, but not many. Mostly it's .2 acre lots with ranch style houses, older apartment complexes, a few parks, a river nearby (American River), strip malls, etc.

I'm not a big fan of Sacramento so take what I say with a grain of salt. To me it's too crowded, too hot in summer, too dreary in winter, has too much crime, and has the worst drivers imaginable. But coming from Boston you might see it as an improvement. It's all relative. Me, I'm moving away next month and don't expect to ever move back. But I've been here 55 years and have wanted to leave for the last 25. Just retired, and I'm gone.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:08 PM

38 posts, read 148,090 times
Simplygib, care if I ask where you're going?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:42 AM

57 posts, read 273,090 times
Grants Pass, Oregon.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
What about marconi is it bad in that neighborhood? And which is a better highschool around that area?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:21 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
Marconi is a fairly long street. The area west of Watt Ave is definitely worse than the area east of it, although some of the large apartment complexes on Marconi have their own issues.

El Camino High School is a good school, but has entrance requirements. The eastern end of Marconi is in the Encina High School district and the western end is in the Mira Loma High School district.

The best high schools are probably still El Camino and Rio Americano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento