Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 AM

28 posts, read 74,553 times

Advertisements

Charlotte beach is great but don't be surprise if you never swim there! The first time I was invited to a beach party there I came in my swimsuit expecting to swim. No one else wore theirs and no one got in the water. I've lived on the West Coast, the East Coast and the Gulf Coast, but I wasn't prepared for how bad the water is in Lake Ontario. Charlotte beach is still a favorite gathering places. There are free concerts every Wed. in the summer. Some of the best restaurants and a beautiful historic carousel!
I'm completely sold on Rochester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 AM

Oh, Nick, don't forget to plan a cruise down the canal or better yet, rent a kayak or canoe. What a way to see the area! You might not want to wait until next summer and do that now with all of the fall color.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 AM

"My rule is Sticky Lips for the food and Dinosaur for the atmosphere (not that Dinosaur has bad food, just not as good as Sticky Lips). I'm sure plenty would disagree with me though. Another good BBQ place is Taste of Texas in Spencerport."

I agree with you completely. You can't be the Taste of Texas mesquite smoked barbeque and the Texas style "homecooking". I'm a Texan though so I don't know if my vote counts on this one or counts double. hmmm Think we will head over to Spencerport this weekend! BTW, try their ribs!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 AM

525 posts, read 1,828,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebOller View Post
Charlotte beach is great but don't be surprise if you never swim there! The first time I was invited to a beach party there I came in my swimsuit expecting to swim. No one else wore theirs and no one got in the water. I've lived on the West Coast, the East Coast and the Gulf Coast, but I wasn't prepared for how bad the water is in Lake Ontario. Charlotte beach is still a favorite gathering places. There are free concerts every Wed. in the summer. Some of the best restaurants and a beautiful historic carousel!
I'm completely sold on Rochester.
Lake Ontario isn't too bad, but Charlotte Beach is because the pier makes it an algae and bacteria cess pool. Durand is bad at times too because of contaminated creek runoff...presumably from sewers leaking into the creek somewhere up the line (that is the last theory I heard anyways). However, if you are only comparing with oceans, it is true that fresh water is usually worse because of the chlorine in salt.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:02 AM

525 posts, read 1,828,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebOller View Post
"My rule is Sticky Lips for the food and Dinosaur for the atmosphere (not that Dinosaur has bad food, just not as good as Sticky Lips). I'm sure plenty would disagree with me though. Another good BBQ place is Taste of Texas in Spencerport."

I agree with you completely. You can't be the Taste of Texas mesquite smoked barbeque and the Texas style "homecooking". I'm a Texan though so I don't know if my vote counts on this one or counts double. hmmm Think we will head over to Spencerport this weekend! BTW, try their ribs!
Their ribs are good. But not Sticky Lips good. I think it is because I prefer less dry rub under the sauce...though Taste of Texas might win if comparing ribs eaten dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area