Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:13 AM

89 posts, read 122,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
Nick Tahoe's and the Garbage Plate were just on the Food Network! I am out of state and I was calling my husband in the room to come see the show. It was on "Unwrapped".

I bet they probably featured it on the news there...
Unwrapped Ill have to keep watch on that show and see if I can catch a re-run Id like to see that episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 08:48 PM

106 posts, read 513,390 times
hey if you like beef then you need to try the RED OSIER in stafford ny--about 45min west of rochester-great prime rib --yum!!!
if you want breakfast --try STONEY'S in gates--near lee and lyell ave--across from the diplomat--grrrrreat food low prices and you never leave hungry...

Old 02-02-2007, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,747 times
Thumbs up Chilango's Mexican Restaurant

I just happened across this forum and had to comment on a great Mexican restaurant. My husband and I never really liked Mexican food that much (or so we thought) until we visited San Diego and found out what real Mexican tasted like but couldn't find a good place back in Rochester. A couple of years ago, a friend suggested we try Chilango's - it is really good. It is authentic Mexican - not Tex-Mex - and has great margarita's (my opinion).

It's really in Spencerport but is a short drive just west of the city right off the 531 expressway; it's in the plaza behind McDonalds.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkat View Post
Dinosaur BBQ (and sticky lips) are much better BBQ than we have in Charlotte that is for sure! We have finally found one place here that is similar to Dinosaur in quality. I think that Charlotte just doesn't have good BBQ Luckily we have the Dinosaur cookbook
My husband was working in Rochester about 6 year ago as a Project Manager for a job. Honest to goodness it seemed he and the guys from the job site ate at the Dino Pit twice a week-At Least!! LOL -

And whenever he goes back to Rochester --first nights dinner is at The Pit!! I never had the opportunity to visit The Pit- but I do get the sauces and rubs sent out via mail every few months.. and they are fabulous.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,660 times
ok.. i saw this thread by chance and had to reply.

basically... for finer dining u have to goto areas with more old people.. pittsford/victor/east end of east ave.

bar food - distillery on east henrietta across from the cemetary and strong hospital.

subs - dibellas and pelligrino

japanese - almost none existant... they're all korean or chinese owned and have the same menu. the fish comes from the same place. shiki seems to have the better kitchen for cooked foods. they are on clinton

korean - young's restaurant. behind home depot on jefferson. the cook split from seoul garden because the owner was such a b* to deal with.

chinese - chen's garden on monroe around 12 corners. cantonese house for dim sum on winston close to jefferson.

thai - esan on park ave. "king and i" has among the worst service known to man... their service sucks and if u leave a small tip or even no tip because u don't feel like they deserve it, they will chase after u and pretty much tell u to f*k off and never come back... i've seen it many many times... kinda like chinatown in nyc. their food is basically chinese food with hot chili peppers and coconut.

viet - u have to walk into the ghetto of ghettos to get good viet food. they r normally in neighborhoods where it looks like u will get robbed at gun point after dark. unless u live in rochester and r familiar with the area.. i don't recommend finding viet food.

french american - simply crepes in pittsford village. note they only sell crepes.

steak - dinosaur bbq / grill at strathallen (aka waterfront grill) on east ave / FDR in south henrietta

indian - i don't eat indian but was told by indians that thalia (dailia.. i don't know the spelling) is good and about as authentic as u will get in rochester

pizza - pontillos / mr. shoe's

european - phillips off of e. henrietta. they have very good cakes and coffee too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area