Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM

3 posts, read 7,903 times

Advertisements

I'm currently doing a study on Sector 8 and am looking at the Beechwood neighborhood, specifically the area between Webster, Hayward, Chamberlain, and Bay road. If you live within this area, I've attached a map of the entire area I mean, where do you buy your daily/weekly groceries from? Do you purchase goods inside Sector 8 or outside? And what stores do you generally go to?
Attached Thumbnails
Beechwood Neighborhood - Where do you buy your groceries?-beechwood.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,322,848 times
I don't live in this neighborhood, but the Price Rite at Culver and University would be a great option.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM

192 posts, read 530,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzito View Post
I'm currently doing a study on Sector 8 and am looking at the Beechwood neighborhood, specifically the area between Webster, Hayward, Chamberlain, and Bay road. If you live within this area, I've attached a map of the entire area I mean, where do you buy your daily/weekly groceries from? Do you purchase goods inside Sector 8 or outside? And what stores do you generally go to?
Like 585WNY said Beechwood is pretty close to the University Ave Price Rite, the east ave Wegmans, and the Tops on Blossom road are both pretty close and might work too. There’s also a plaza near the corner of N. Goodman and Wabash St with a discount supermarket called “save a lot” + a Family dollar and a Rite Aid. Beechwood and nearby Marketview Heights also have several corner stores so it’s a good bet that people frequently shop there as well. The area that you highlighted is the poorest section of the Beechwood neighborhood so it’s very likely that a significant number people from those blocks shop primarily at corner stores.

I’m not aware of anyone on this forum who lives in Beechwood or Homestead Heights so we can’t really give you any firsthand information (although hopefully can point you in the right direction).

I do know of one active poster who previously lived in the North-Winton Neighborhood so you might get a hit on your above thread. If you wanted to get more accurate information you might want to contact the Beechwood Neighborhood coalition. I met a few people from BNC at clean sweep and they all seemed like pretty friendly and progressive people; I’m sure they would be more than willing to help you out. They also would have a much better handle on the neighborhood then any of us.

Also may I ask why you are collecting this data? Are you a student or do you work for an NGO?

http://www.beechwood14609.com/

Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrion14621 View Post
Also may I ask why you are collecting this data? Are you a student or do you work for an NGO?
Hi Corrion14621 - I'm a SUNY Geneseo student and I am completing a geography project on these particular sectors. I actually chose Beechwood because I did know that it is low-income. Thank you for all of your input! It is very appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area