Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,648,600 times

Advertisements

I'm bored and have the house to myself tonight and can't fall asleep. So, as I love the old houses of the city and dream of buying one some day, I was looking up real estate listings on nothnagle and found this listing

Nothnagle.com - 123 Fitzhugh St S, Rochester City, NY 14608

It's listed as a "single family home" and the listings pics show it furnished with all of the period furniture (the house was built in 1836 and is one of the oldest in Rochester). I want to say I remember going on a field trip there as a kid though that could be completely made up in my head bc the wikipedia article mentioned it used to be used for school trips. haha. Kind of on the northern fringe of corn hill and doesn't seem as much part of the "neighborhood" (it faces 490 on the front facade) but it's still really cool. Anyone else ever heard anything about this place? Just thought it was interesting, Wikipedia has a short article on it too:

Campbell-Whittlesey House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder if they expect a private buyer to buy it and live in it as a home? That sounds idealistic as I imagine it would probably be developed commercially. Just thought I'd share it because again...I'm bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,891,695 times
It'd be a cool candidate to move to another location where it's more fitting to its surroundings. It just looks sooo out of place where it is now, kinda just sticks out like a sore thumb. I couldn't care less about old buildings like this, but I think it'd be cool over with the rest of them on the east side of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of: