Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,536 times

Advertisements

Hi all, my hubby and I have pretty much decided that we would like to relocate to a semi-rural area around Richmond. It would be nice to find something off 95 or 64 as far north as Fredericksburg, so commuting to Charlottesville/DC would be another option in the future. We really dont want to go south as we are currently in Norfolk and have looked in Southampton (off of 460, 58, etc). My husband currently works in Petersburg, so we can't be too far off the beaten path.

We have 3 kids so schools and all seasons outdoor fun are a top priority! We really dont need a insta-friends and arent too much into cookie cutter, but that is not an exclusion. So, if in town, safe neighborhoods are a top priority. We are new Harley enthuisiests, so it would be nice to meet others who love to explore our beautiful state! We are looking around the mid-100's, asking.

Any insight is greatly appriciated!

Last edited by momof3inva; 09-29-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,150,961 times
Check out Nottoway County.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:29 PM

157 posts, read 569,458 times
This may be a bad suggestion because I'm still lost as to what's north/south/east/west here because we're still new, but have you considered Powhatan or Amelia Counties? We are new here but visited one of my husband's coworkers in Powhatan on Sunday and it's beautiful & more rural. My husband's co-worker said that when they build a new subdivision that the average lot has to be 2 acres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond