Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 12:28 AM

17,734 posts, read 9,187,561 times

Advertisements

Check out this 2017 video of a fight outside WONDERLAND:

VIDEO: Fight Breaks Out Outside Strip Club on Allens Avenue

(is that guy dead???)

Old 03-24-2021, 05:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
LOL, funny how NO ONE EVER asks how ALL these drugs reach their destination in the first place!

I will say though, I was an addict for many years (up until 3 yrs ago), thankfully clean now, but what I learned while I was in that 'world'...most people would not believe the amount of drugs that are sent into the US and how consistently they reach their destination, I was blown away at the totals for one city near me!!

These busts/raids police conduct...even those areas where multiple busts happen per week....its like taking 1 cup of water from an Olympic sized swimming pool. (the cartels anticipate these busts and send out enough to ensure no dealers go low in supply.) The whole network is really very organized, I was shocked how well oiled of a machine it is....and a lot of time, just because drugs have been seized in a drug bust...doesnt necessarily mean they are fully removed from the street.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:31 PM

4,391 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Those B*******S sure do take a lot of drugs off the street, eh? And you madam?
So what's the pattern, old man?

Trying to figure out your 8 letter word. Babydolls are taking drugs off the street? Babushkas? Ballclubs? Banditos?

Old 04-02-2021, 07:29 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
So what's the pattern, old man?

Trying to figure out your 8 letter word. Babydolls are taking drugs off the street? Babushkas? Ballclubs? Banditos?
Keep guessing. Perhaps in the meantime though, you might enlighten us as to your own contributions toward making Providence safer for its citizens. I mean, as opposed to simply denigrating those who do. I for one, am all ears.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:45 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
No. What is Wonderland? Or as you called it, WONDERLAND? See, there's a pattern I noticed - drug busts happen in all cap places!
I can see what's throwing you off. Those markers represent your public servants at work, doing their jobs. At no small risk to themselves. From the safety of your living room, they appear to be just fuzzy dots on a map. I get it though, much safer that way.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:37 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Dominican national living in Pawtucket admits to trafficking fentanyl among other charges

https://www.abc6.com/dominican-natio...other-charges/

[LEFT][CENTER]"PROVIDENCE, R.I (WLNE) – A Dominican national who is living in Pawtucket is facing between seven and fifty-seven years in federal prison after admitting to operating a drug stash house and arranging for the sale of fentanyl on at least four occasions using a stolen identity.[/LEFT][/CENTER]
According to information presented in court, 30-year-old Jeurin Celado, AKA “Tony”, using the name, birth date, and social security number of a person he does not know to gain permits and a drivers’ license from the DMV.
His most recent filing with the DMV occurred on August 5th of 2019.

According to the Department of Justice, back in 2014, Celado used the same stolen information to obtain Rhode Island Medicaid benefits he was not eligible to receive, obtaining a total value of approximately $4,342.18"

Old 04-16-2021, 02:32 PM

17,734 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Default Washington Park - drug bust

Drug Bust in Providence

6 kilos of cocaine and $38,000.

Three arrested in “high-level” drug operation out of Providence

The drug dealing operation was run out of 2 houses in the Washington Park neighborhood. One on Indiana Ave and the other on Ohio Ave.

The people arrested:

Ernis Paulino Estevez, 31, of Providence

Lissette Taveras, 54, of Cranston

Ana Hidalgo DePaula, 30, of Providence

Quote:
Providence police, with the assistance of United States Postal Service, were able to obtain information about a package that had arrived in the city overnight from Puerto Rico.

Old 04-17-2021, 08:40 AM

Feds: Providence man sold fentanyl to customers in Wrentham, Franklin

https://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...75903c386.html

"PROVIDENCE — An alleged drug trafficker is being held without bail on charges he dealt fentanyl to customers in Southeastern Massachusetts communities including Franklin and Wrentham.

Joaquin Fabian, 23, of Providence, was arrested after a brief foot chase Wednesday in Providence, an hour after allegedly meeting with a customer in Franklin, according to the U.S. District Attorney’s office.

Around the time of the meeting, authorities say Fabian posted to his social media account a photo of a gun between his legs in a car, and investigators later recovered a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun consistent with the one in the photo, according to court records.

Federal agents say they also found 2.7 grams of fentanyl in Fabian’s pocket and another 70 grams after they executed a search warrant at his apartment.

In addition, agents say they found almost a pound of marijuana, a box containing 44 rounds of ammunition, a plastic bag containing 249 rounds of various types of ammunition and $18,802 in cash.

During the course of the investigation, authorities say Fabian met in January with a customer in Wrentham who is a convicted felon with a drug history."

As usual, this isn't the suspect's first encounter with the law:

Police Log - 12/26/19 | Cranston Herald (cranstononline.com)

"On Dec. 10 at 8:50 a.m., police arrested Joaquin Fabian, 22, 50 Aldine St., Providence, on charges of firing in a compact area, assault and use of a firearm while committing a crime of violence. Police say Fabian was transferred from the custody of Rhode Island State Police."

Old 04-24-2021, 07:59 AM

Providence Man Detained After Accepting Cocaine Shipment

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ri/pr/p...caine-shipment

"PROVIDENCE – A Dominican national living in Providence was arrested on Monday on a federal drug trafficking charge shortly after he allegedly retrieved a package from a Providence Post Office that contained more than two kilograms of cocaine shipped from Puerto Rico.
According to court documents, on April 15, 2021, Postal Service employees intercepted a heavily taped package shipped from Puerto Rico to a Providence residence. The packaging resembled packages law enforcement previously intercepted that were packaged in a way to avoid K-9 detection from the odor of controlled substances. Additionally, postal workers were unable to associate a “Jose A azcona” at the shipping address.
According to court documents, on April 15, shortly after a Postal Service employee attempted to make a controlled delivery of the package to the address on the package, the postal worker was approached by an individual claiming to be a relative of the addressee. The person claimed the package contained medication for his relative and requested to take custody of it. The individual was informed that the addressee would have to inquire about a redelivery and personally claim the package.
After a series of telephone calls to the Post Office, on April 17, a person claiming to be “Jose Azcona,” and another person, went to the Elmwood Post Office attempting to claim the package, but were told they would have to contact the redelivery unit. On April 19, having contacted the redelivery unit, “ Jose Azcona” was told he could retrieve the package at the main Post Office in Providence. In the meantime, a court-authorized search revealed the package contained approximately 2.22 kilograms of cocaine. “Jose Azcona,” accompanied by the second person, retrieved the package, and was detained by law enforcement in the parking lot.
Following his arrest, law enforcement determined that “Jose Azcona” was actually 37-year-old Robinson Padilla-Rosario. He was found to be carrying a Rhode Island driver’s license depicting his photograph and the name Jose A. Azcona, and a home address being the same address to which the package containing the cocaine was mailed. The driver’s license number on the license seized by law enforcement is assigned to another person with a North Providence address."

Old 06-09-2021, 12:31 PM

And the mayhem goes on...

The latest of an ongoing trend involving cocaine shipped from Puerto Rico to random locations throughout the Providence area, via. the USPS. This time a postal worker gets caught up in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Given the magnitude of the drug trafficking situation, and letter carriers being right in their pathway; you think there will come a time soon when they will be armed?

NBC 10 I-Team: Postal worker abducted at gunpoint by two masked men

https://turnto10.com/news/local/post...two-masked-men

"The NBC 10 I-Team has learned a United States Postal Service letter carrier was held at gunpoint during his workday, by two masked men looking for a parcel that allegedly contained drugs.
According to court documents, the letter carrier was abducted in Pawtucket at gunpoint on June 1 by two masked men, who forced the carrier into their car. The men then drove the employee to his own house in Pawtucket, so they could search the home, say court documents.

The victim told law enforcement that the masked men had asked about a certain piece of mail that had been delivered in May to a house on Melrose Avenue in Pawtucket. The men told the letter carrier they had been watching him. But when all three arrived at the carrier’s house, the victim did not have his house keys, so the men took him back to where they had originally abducted him.
The carrier told agents that the men were driving an older model gray sedan with “cracked leather seats.”"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.