Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 08:12 AM

6,922 posts, read 11,346,513 times

Advertisements

My husband is a CPA, things were going well until the week of March 9th, and my business was poised to have its best month ever.

Then the virus stuff.

He probably has 5-8 more years to go before selling the firm but I can tell he keeps a lot inside.

He woke up this morning and asked me to find a heart doctor. He just felt his heart was not beating as usual.

Tax deadline is April 15th; now extended until July 15th.

I personally knew it would be extended but he was so anxious during that time.

Just really unlike him.

He did say after we walk 4 miles each night, he does feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 08:19 AM

4,164 posts, read 3,959,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
My husband is a CPA, things were going well until the week of March 9th, and my business was poised to have its best month ever.

Then the virus stuff.

He probably has 5-8 more years to go before selling the firm but I can tell he keeps a lot inside.

He woke up this morning and asked me to find a heart doctor. He just felt his heart was not beating as usual.

Just really unlike him.

A lot of things going on now like anxiety, depression, alcohol and drug abuse. Not to mention domestic situations due to people being around each other longer every day than usual.

We will get through this. Hopefully, the weather warms up so more can get outside which is therapeutic.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:33 AM

107,700 posts, read 110,593,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
A lot of things going on now like anxiety, depression, alcohol and drug abuse. Not to mention domestic situations due to people being around each other longer every day than usual.

We will get through this. Hopefully, the weather warms up so more can get outside which is therapeutic.
we are at the epee center here in ny and talk about anxiety this thing is hitting home .... we already have had 3 family members effected and lost one last night .... financial effects are one thing , but this thing is incredibly deadly and contagious. i am not convinced this is not a bio-germ warfare experiment gone wrong ...it seems to be to perfect of a virus at everything it does .

Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 AM

5,463 posts, read 3,121,792 times
Quote:

Then the virus stuff.

Just really unlike him.

A decent doctor can get to the root of the problem very quickly.
I had swollen ankles, saw a doctor at a local clinic, she looked at my ankles, listened to my heart and told me its heart failure. This was before they hooked me up to any scanning machines, turned out she was right .

2 month later I had a heart attack, a stent installed and I feel a lot better.

Your body tells you when something isn't quite right, it pays to listen.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 AM

35,427 posts, read 31,935,559 times
I try to keep things as normal as possible.

The worst thing you can do is marinate yourself in constant news coverage.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:40 AM

44,328 posts, read 19,297,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we are at the epee center here in ny and talk about anxiety this thing is hitting home .... we already have had 3 family members effected and lost one last night .... financial effects are one thing , but this thing is incredibly deadly and contagious. i am not convinced this is not a bio-germ warfare experiment gone wrong ...it seems to be to perfect of a virus at everything it does .
To feed your thirst for knowledge:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4797993/

Old 03-30-2020, 10:34 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,927,578 times
It’s hard not to be anxious about this situation we’re in, the media and news are relentless. I’m so glad my daughter withhold details of her trip recently to a Singapore before they shut down the travel, she finally admitted last night that she gave me a little white lie. She said the app that tracks her didn’t work, she was busy with work, once she’s done with her work, she would go into to Apple store. Obviously she had anticipated my anxiety about her trip and turned it off. This was work related trip, she didn’t have to go, but she and her business partner and his wife thought it was too good of an opportunity to pass up, the contract she won paid them to travel. Since got back she had been quarantined for 2 weeks. Plus somehow before she left she was able to purchase hand sanitizers somewhere, and face masks too. She was prepared. The flight on Singapore Airlines was empty, so technically they had the plane to themselves.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:40 AM

15,263 posts, read 13,185,252 times
Quote:
Not a diagnosis, but heart palpitations are common during times of stress and anxiety. They are usually harmless. Here's hoping that's what's troubling your hubby.

I lay awake at night alone in this house and I can hear my heart skip a beat every 30 beats or so. We distract ourselves with work or watching TV or doing puzzles or trying to get a food delivery, but the body knows we are stressed.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:46 AM

107,700 posts, read 110,593,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That made my hair hurt Lol

Old 03-30-2020, 12:16 PM

6,800 posts, read 5,577,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Jak, THAT was MY very first thought when they announced it "was loose in China".
My first thought was : ' this is a virus created or modified by the (Chinese ) government for a germ warfare bioorganism that got out accidentally'.!!

We could be wrong, but boy, if you wanted to paralyzed the entire world easily..THIS virus thing is the way to do it.

I wouldn't put it past any government. We already know that the various governments HAVE ATHE CAPABILITY to unlease various bioagents.

Perhaps, like a nuclear war that would wipe out not only an enemy but also the ones who pushed the button, MAYBE just MAYBE the government's of the world will see bio weapons are NOT. A thing to be triffled with!!!

Best to you down there, mathjak.

I have a friend in the Bronx who works on the clean up crew....at.... Bellevue hospital in Manhattan. I worry about him constantly, and he lets me know each day that he is ok!

Thanks to all on the front lines!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement