Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 12:00 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,226,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
DH had an inexpensive easy to deal with Part D plan through Anthem which got automatically switched to WellCare and that's where the nightmare began. They signed him up for auto payment taken from SS even though he wrote and called multiple times for payment booklets. I can only imagine how difficult it will be to disengage from this horrible company next sign up period.
On that aspect, you should relax since when you sign up for a new one, everything should be automatic, you shouldn't need to dis-enroll.
Let me add, this is not the only company Social Security notices have been...uh...screwing up. I did request premiums to be deducted. I've gotten notices that they were factored in but then, a new notice that they weren't but that my new payment reflects that they are. Even then, it doesn't add up to the correct amount. Hang in there and see what your first check is.
The medicare.gov site was dependable until this year...not so now. Maybe SS is suffering from unreliabily, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 01:00 PM

23,884 posts, read 33,614,343 times
Quote:
The one we went with is very inexpensive but still feels like ransom when you don't need it - yet. Plus, they are taking it out of SS without our permission which seems illegal.
Your hub had to have signed up to take it out of his SS checks. That's not automatic.

Quote:
OK. I get it now. Medicare is all new to me and has been surprisingly confusing with all the options. Mine is all covered through employer but trying to buy a separate Part D for DH has been a nightmare.
Why is it a nightmare? I input my meds, it shows me part D plans.

Quote:
DH had an inexpensive easy to deal with Part D plan through Anthem which got automatically switched to WellCare and that's where the nightmare began. They signed him up for auto payment taken from SS even though he wrote and called multiple times for payment booklets. I can only imagine how difficult it will be to disengage from this horrible company next sign up period.
They don't do payment booklets, they send a bill every month. Let me tell you, if you miss a mailed bill and your payment is late, they think nothing of cutting it off. Been there and done that. Medicare won't help you get reinstated

Your hub needs to make sure he goes to the medicare site every year when it's open enrollment; I do not log in. I enter my meds then pick see drug plans not see health insurance plans with prescription insurance.

Some companies do not offer the same plan every year; that's your hubs job to find out by logging in. After he picks what he wants, he can then log in and redo the search to pick his insurance plan. I never have luck with it being logged in to search

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
On that aspect, you should relax since when you sign up for a new one, everything should be automatic, you shouldn't need to dis-enroll.
Let me add, this is not the only company Social Security notices have been...uh...screwing up. I did request premiums to be deducted. I've gotten notices that they were factored in but then, a new notice that they weren't but that my new payment reflects that they are. Even then, it doesn't add up to the correct amount. Hang in there and see what your first check is.
The medicare.gov site was dependable until this year...not so now. Maybe SS is suffering from unreliabily, too.
Sounds like you need to log in to check your plan info which isn't hard to do.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-05-2020 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2020, 04:19 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,301,322 times
WellCare does payment booklets.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:18 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
WellCare does payment booklets.
Yes, they do. They also let you sign up for automatic payments that can be set up to automatically pay them from a checking account or credit card.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:24 PM

8,075 posts, read 8,383,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
EnvisionRx, $14/mn, $350 deductible, concurrent. Seattle WA.
OP, it's insurance for the elderly masses. It's cost is predicated on participation for all.
No deductible on tier 1 & 2 generics. $1 & $6 copay on 30-day preferred pharmacy. $0 & $6 on 90-day mail order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement