Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 11:44 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,093 times

Advertisements

Merry Everything......

Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas (US & Canada)
Happy Christmas (UK)
Feliz Navidad
Happy Solstice
Happy Hanukkah
Happy Kwanzaa
Happy Festivus
Happy New Year
Happy _______ (in case I missed something)

..and HAPPY ALWAYS!
Attached Thumbnails
Seasons Greetings!-merry-everything.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 11:49 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Merry Christmas to you Daisy Grey from Canada and to all others!

Old 12-24-2019, 11:51 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Thanks Daisy!

I hope everyone reading this today finds at least one comforting gift in their world and acknowledges it this holiday season.

And for the rest I hope you dance your happy dance to your heart's content.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:21 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile My gift this year ----

First of all, thank you to all those who responded nicely to posts and know sometimes this is just a place to vent. Sometimes, our families, our spouses, our friends have heard it too often; good to get another opinion.

Our daughter and her wife arrived and staying for a week. I don't need a wrapped gift. This is my gift.
They are enjoying themselves. They brought their dog and we have 3 and the dogs are playing, playing, playing and tired as heck.

I think their dog slept until 10 AM this morning.

My other gift is that they both are going to church with us tonight and asked about it. So, that is a true gift.

We are just having some simple times during the week but they are seeing all the cousins (11 of them) and it's just fun, fun, fun for them. One of her cousins said the other night (very emotional) - "I just miss you; wish you lived here" and it was just very heartfelt.

As parents, I feel they all have each other. When they see each other, it's like no time has passed and I can tell that from their actions.

So grateful to have them here. I know it will not always be this way but I'm taking it year by year or day by day and just enjoying what precious time we have together.

Thank you all!!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!!

Old 12-24-2019, 12:27 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
First of all, thank you to all those who responded nicely to posts and know sometimes this is just a place to vent. Sometimes, our families, our spouses, our friends have heard it too often; good to get another opinion.

Our daughter and her wife arrived and staying for a week. I don't need a wrapped gift. This is my gift.
They are enjoying themselves. They brought their dog and we have 3 and the dogs are playing, playing, playing and tired as heck.

I think their dog slept until 10 AM this morning.

My other gift is that they both are going to church with us tonight and asked about it. So, that is a true gift.

We are just having some simple times during the week but they are seeing all the cousins (11 of them) and it's just fun, fun, fun for them. One of her cousins said the other night (very emotional) - "I just miss you; wish you lived here" and it was just very heartfelt.

As parents, I feel they all have each other. When they see each other, it's like no time has passed and I can tell that from their actions.

So grateful to have them here. I know it will not always be this way but I'm taking it year by year or day by day and just enjoying what precious time we have together.

Thank you all!!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!!
I'm so happy for you. You seem to be a very nice and genuine person. God bless and Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-24-2019, 12:40 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Merry Christmas!

Happy Anniversary to my parents!

Happy Birthday to my son!

Yeah it's crazy here!!

Old 12-24-2019, 12:48 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,307,469 times
Happy Christmas.
Christmas morning here and all Australia wants for Christmas is rain.
Cloudy here so that is a good start.
May you all get what you want. And need.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:57 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,932,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post

Happy _______ (in case I missed something)

I'm filling this in for you

Happy Boxing Day and Birthdays to us

My husband and I have the same birthday which is on Boxing Day.

Thank you Daisy Grey.

Old 12-24-2019, 01:33 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,753 times
Wishing everyone Merry Christmas. I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas, and not wanting to forget anyone, whatever day you celebrate I wish you all a loving and meaningful day, too.

Well, I'm Debbie Downer I guess. I'm missing people who meant a lot to me. But I have to admit, some (most) Christmases when I was a kid were not so great. Never mind the detail, doesn't matter now. But I listen to Bing Crosby and others of his time sing songs that bring out my emotion and I can "see" them in good times.

Feeling pretty empty right now. It will pass. It always does.

Not looking for anyone's pity. That would make it even more worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling these things.

The New Year always gives me encouragement and hope. But that wish is for next week!!

Old 12-24-2019, 01:45 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Merry Christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement