Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 05:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,617,918 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 07:16 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,103,876 times
Happy Winter Holidays!

I'm at my sister's. Tomorrow we go to our brother's house for Christmas. It's going to be crazy. All the kids and their partners plus the new baby and a few long time family friends are coming. We haven't all gotten together like this since mother died. My sister in law loves this stuff. Gives her a chance to do her thing. I can't wait to see everyone.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:07 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,273,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
I'm filling this in for you

Happy Boxing Day and Birthdays to us

My husband and I have the same birthday which is on Boxing Day.

Thank you Daisy Grey.
I thought about Boxing Day after the fact. My ex's birthday is today (Christmas Eve)

BellaDL--Happy Birthday to you and your husband--nothing like "wrapping it up" on the same day

Old 12-24-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Wishing everyone Merry Christmas. I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas, and not wanting to forget anyone, whatever day you celebrate I wish you all a loving and meaningful day, too.

Well, I'm Debbie Downer I guess. I'm missing people who meant a lot to me. But I have to admit, some (most) Christmases when I was a kid were not so great. Never mind the detail, doesn't matter now. But I listen to Bing Crosby and others of his time sing songs that bring out my emotion and I can "see" them in good times.

Feeling pretty empty right now. It will pass. It always does.

Not looking for anyone's pity. That would make it even more worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling these things.

The New Year always gives me encouragement and hope. But that wish is for next week!!
I've been "off" and agitated all this week so you're not alone. My parents had the worst fights during the holidays and I think it's imprinted on my DNA. One such fight I deemed the "New Years Revolution" because they basically threw the contents of the kitchen at each other. I was left to sweep up the sugar, flour, salt and such left on the floor. Ah, good times.... In my own married life, one new years eve my hubs came home drunker than a skunk and basically broke down in front of me. (we were having marital issues at the time) After that, I made sure that we never stayed home for New Years Eve.

On one of the FB groups I follow a widow put out a general invitation to meet a restaurant on Christmas Eve at one of the nearby beach towns. Besides her, 5 of us showed up. None of us had ever met before. We wound up having a great time. This is one of the things I like about living here in FL. This would never happen in NE.

NYgal--hang in there--the day after tomorrow Christmas will be over....

Old 12-24-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Happy Christmas.
Christmas morning here and all Australia wants for Christmas is rain.
Cloudy here so that is a good start.
May you all get what you want. And need.
I wish I could send Australia all of the rain clouds here in West Central FL--it's been "duck" weather since the weekend. Thankfully, it'll be 77 F and sunny tomorrow. MarisaMay--I hope you get what you need!

Old 12-25-2019, 12:15 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,130,933 times

Season's Greetings to everyone!

Old 12-25-2019, 03:10 AM

6,778 posts, read 5,499,725 times
Since I'm in the USA, it's:

Merry Christmas to all!

And to all across the world:

May you have a happy, healthy, prosperous New year! ( In that order)

We have also started a new tradition between my spouse and I this year, just 3 presents each: 1 practical gift, 1 "fun" gift, and 1 "special just for you" gift.

Old 12-25-2019, 05:28 AM

35,102 posts, read 31,373,524 times
Merry Christmas morning and “Season’s Beatings” from here in Appalachia.

Old 12-25-2019, 07:27 AM

412 posts, read 159,771 times
Merry Christmas.
My emotions are all over the place today, from being grateful for the good, and just about losing my marbles (emotionally speaking) at the hurt.

I’d like to borrow Dolly Parton’s words as my wish for everyone:

“I hope life treats you kind, and I hope that you have all that you ever dreamed of.
I wish you joy and happiness. But above all of this, I wish you love.”

Old 12-25-2019, 07:34 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,911,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Merry Christmas morning and “Season’s Beatings” from here in Appalachia.
What does seasons beatings mean? It doesn’t sound good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement