Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 08:03 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,367,658 times

Advertisements

In about the 6th grade I was influenced by "friends" and began many years of what some may call rebellion. I've come to realize I was very close to feral. I have the Marine Corps to thank for saving me from myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 08:11 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,226,375 times
After a long series of "right" ones, it terrifies me to think of having to make those choices over again.

College didn't work out for me, so I dropped out (not really a choice), and went the rest of the way on my wits alone.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:20 PM

16,138 posts, read 10,818,747 times
I think we are faced with what we may consider insignificant forks early in life (when we were immortal) that actually have a huge impact later on. I've seen people casually make terrible choices. Maybe with age and maturity we can see them coming and pay more attention. A crystal ball would help. I don't have any regrets and could not go back and change anything anyway.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:57 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,728,360 times
I never ran across a fork, but got bogged in the swamp for a while.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:39 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,783 posts, read 58,251,797 times
I Can't think of any right (correct) forks I ever took... driving or life choices.

I have made a lot of lemonade and many u-turns. (Sometimes they are wrong too.)

Can't win in this life, so just 'get-by' until it is over. Maybe next time. (doubt it)

Wrong turns today? I can think of many. (If NYC subway could kindly post "INBOUND" or "OUTBOUND" on the wall or sign or train it would have saved me (4) wrong-way trips / gates today alone... Think of the additional stuff I could have accomplished!!!

Massachusetts Rotaries!!!... cripes, can't they just put a simple road or highway number on the sign rather than the 'Next Town'. How many 'outsiders' have every dinky 'next' town in MA memorized and what road goes through it? I just want to take highway X, I don't care or know what town is next... It is not my destination, it is just inconsequential (unless you are zipping around a rotary 10x trying to figure out what town is coming up next on route X...

Reminds me of Open Enrollment... Can't really think of a greater waste of time for USA productivity... ANNUALLY (for retirees too, since they only wasted 40 yrs BEFORE retirement, hashing out Open Enrollment issues...)

Old 12-04-2019, 11:30 PM

130 posts, read 75,224 times
Don't look back,
you can never look back......Don Henely

Old 12-04-2019, 11:43 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,681,920 times
The road forked me several times.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,414,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
I agree with your conclusions ... but sorry, simply have to nitpick, it's "too few to mention."
My bad.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:10 AM

43,336 posts, read 18,466,092 times
Well we all got forked over at one point in our lives !

Old 12-05-2019, 07:40 AM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I Can't think of any right (correct) forks I ever took... driving or life choices.

I have made a lot of lemonade and many u-turns. (Sometimes they are wrong too.)

Can't win in this life, so just 'get-by' until it is over. Maybe next time. (doubt it)

Wrong turns today? I can think of many. (If NYC subway could kindly post "INBOUND" or "OUTBOUND" on the wall or sign or train it would have saved me (4) wrong-way trips / gates today alone... Think of the additional stuff I could have accomplished!!!

Massachusetts Rotaries!!!... cripes, can't they just put a simple road or highway number on the sign rather than the 'Next Town'. How many 'outsiders' have every dinky 'next' town in MA memorized and what road goes through it? I just want to take highway X, I don't care or know what town is next... It is not my destination, it is just inconsequential (unless you are zipping around a rotary 10x trying to figure out what town is coming up next on route X...

Reminds me of Open Enrollment... Can't really think of a greater waste of time for USA productivity... ANNUALLY (for retirees too, since they only wasted 40 yrs BEFORE retirement, hashing out Open Enrollment issues...)
LMAO, the bolded cracked me. Inbound or Outbound to WHAT? That wouldn't make any sense. The signs say Downtown or Uptown, which makes all the sense you need unless you have completely given up your sense of direction. Thanks for the chuckle, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement