Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 05:18 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,163,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Actually I am thinking fewer and fewer people are finding me attractive.

LOL good answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 06:33 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,092,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Nope. I think most people just are average looking anyway. I stopped getting all worked up about someone based on their appearance when I was very young. I found that many very attractive people don't have much else to recommend them. You get all interested in someone based upon looks and then they open their mouths and suddenly you realize the package is much better than the contents. I'm far more interested in their personality, sense of humor, intelligence, and any other special talents that they have.

I couldn't agree with you more!!

Old 06-22-2019, 07:36 AM

15,264 posts, read 10,516,132 times
I have tried dating sites but I have found most of the men my age (64) just look old and unattractive. I'm no spring chicken but I am usually taken for 10-15 years younger than my age. However I'm not going to look for a guy in his early 50's.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:18 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,707,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
The cashiers at my supermarket wear awesome hot uniforms. I love going in there.

https://gensanteam.files.wordpress.c...31232537_o.jpg
Those aren't "awesome hot uniforms." Those are beautiful young women who would look good in just about anything.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:21 AM

5,197 posts, read 2,229,782 times
I'm going with no on this one. I'm 57 years old and when I graduated in 1980, I'd say maybe 10-15% of my graduating class was over weight. I had 525 in my class. LOL I just took out our group pic and counted.

Wasn't the norm at all back then. Fast forward to today and seemingly 40-50% of kids of graduating age are chubby.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:53 AM

11,234 posts, read 6,870,430 times
We just returned from Greece and it struck me how very attractive the young men there are. But it was painfully apparent they don't age well. The old men are quite fat and bald. Smoking is so prevalent there, and many are out of work, so there is a lot of sitting around drinking and smoking.

OTOH, a Dutch couple our age (60s) befriended us, and both were very fit and tan, engaged in all kinds of projects and activities. Every time I saw the Dutch guy I was struck by his attractiveness.

I notice looks all the time. But I appreciate all the qualities as well. Not mutually exclusive.

I care about how I look (no gray for me) but at this point in time, make-up is not going to avail much, living at the pool or beach. We all hang out in our bathing suits and it's just fine...

Old 06-22-2019, 12:14 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,319,517 times
I get up, look in the mirror, and

Then I go out and see how so many people are younger and more attractive than ever before.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:11 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,249,806 times
I think my database is too skewed to really pigeonhole people as to if they are "attractive" or not. Don't look in mirrors all that much, either, or do very much comparison.

If I'm gonna categorize the general population I see, it's more likely to be 'there's a happy person' or 'oh dear, they don't seem very happy today'.

Also, if they are wearing much makeup, then usually I'm not likely to want to meet them since wearing a mask seems false and I wonder what else they aren't being honest about. But, and I suppose, fortunately, my database is a bit skewed. I'm sure other folks pay much more attention to 'attractiveness' and consider makeup to be an improvement.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:15 PM

5,485 posts, read 4,176,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Those aren't "awesome hot uniforms." Those are beautiful young women who would look good in just about anything.
They sure aren't "People of Walmart", that's a fact!!

Old 06-22-2019, 01:17 PM

5,485 posts, read 4,176,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I get up, look in the mirror, and

Then I go out and see how so many people are younger and more attractive than ever before.

I look in the mirror and think I look OK (passable). Then I see a photo of myself, or the overhead CCTV when you walk into a store, that's when I go .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement