Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 04:36 PM

4,782 posts, read 4,488,501 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to hearing that you are now resting up and just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 10:04 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,243,769 times
Mine was easy, no discomfort -- sedated but awake, got to watch the whole thing. Just one stent. They may or may not admit you overnight, decide after the procedure. They sent me home 8 the next morning.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:50 AM

10,144 posts, read 6,532,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Mine was easy, no discomfort -- sedated but awake, got to watch the whole thing. Just one stent. They may or may not admit you overnight, decide after the procedure. They sent me home 8 the next morning.
Same sort of thing here. I got my 5th stent last November. I went in at 6 AM; was awake during the procedure; and Ubered home at 1:30 PM. I hope Arwenmark's procedure went as easily as mine did.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:09 AM

8,424 posts, read 6,527,588 times
When I got my stent the hospital had to see your ride home, a real inconvenience to a single person like me. I to was awake but sedated but they gave me something that made me horribly sick Threw up often and had to stay the night.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:18 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,986,627 times
Update asap!

Old 03-20-2019, 04:55 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,111,462 times
Hope all went well. Haven’t had one yet but will likely have it in future

Old 03-21-2019, 12:51 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,152,700 times
Thanks everyone for the good wishes and prayer, I survived, and this was the fourth time I had this done and by far the most painful time, I was sedated but awake and during the procedure it felt like really bad angina attack. Anyway he opened the clogged vessel and put in two more stents bringing the total to five. there was on vessel that was at a 45 degree angle to the main one that he could not get the stent into so I will still have pain from that one.
They did keep me over night, got home late yesterday. I feel very weak and tired with no stamina can only take a few steps without my walker. Hopefully things will improve over a few days or so.

Again thanks for the moral support.

Old 03-21-2019, 01:50 PM

15,157 posts, read 12,323,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Thanks everyone for the good wishes and prayer, I survived, and this was the fourth time I had this done and by far the most painful time, I was sedated but awake and during the procedure it felt like really bad angina attack. Anyway he opened the clogged vessel and put in two more stents bringing the total to five. there was on vessel that was at a 45 degree angle to the main one that he could not get the stent into so I will still have pain from that one.
They did keep me over night, got home late yesterday. I feel very weak and tired with no stamina can only take a few steps without my walker. Hopefully things will improve over a few days or so.

Thanks for the update, sounds as though you went through the wringer! Hopefully that pain will subside and you'll be feeling better as time goes on. Can they give you medication or do anything else about the blockage in the vessel that could not be accessed?

And hopefully they were a little more "hospitable" to you there than they were during your last visit.

Take care of yourself, it will get better!

Old 03-21-2019, 01:54 PM

17,244 posts, read 57,297,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post

Glad to hear from you, was getting a bit worried. Get well!

Old 03-21-2019, 09:31 PM

798 posts, read 2,734,632 times
Hopes for a speedy recovery..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement