Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:44 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
hold on. let me put on my 'surprised' face........
in some ways i feel bad for Hummer as i think it got a bum rap. let's not kid ourselves. outside of the H1, they were nothing more than glorified Tahoes and Trailblazers, but i don't see anything wrong with a little variety. but, when everyone that owns one is a douchepickle, well, you're gonna get a rep. and when gas prices go through the roof and people need a finger to point, they don't feel as bad pointing it at the jerk down the road rather than Suzie, the nice neighbor with the Suburban in the driveway.
still, in the end, it was just a fad vehicle. they were popular because they were the thing to have. now it's the Prius and the Smart car. give it 10 years, and it will be something else. it's inevitable.

Mike
Hilarious...(Douchepickle). You're right on all points..well almost.

I think gas misers are here to stay. Gas prices aren't going down, and everything else around us is going up in price, hence saving every cent we can, where we can.

I hope Turbo Diesel cars can come in greater numbers in the future. They're torquey and provide good MPGs. Time for GM, Ford, Toyota, Honda and Nissan to start bringing them here. As much as we want to praise the Prius, I think in the long run trying to recycle or discard the batteries will be more of a problem than anything. Fossil fuel will be here for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,475 times
You know you guys were slobbering over them 5 years ago, now they seem unpractical, but in 05, these were huge (no pun intended). I read a stat that sales dropped 85% in 09 compared to 06.

I'm not racist, and I am part Hispanic, but here in Central California, Hummer's were rampant, with chromed out everything, usually Hispanic people. Bumping there music, thinking there rolling really high, while living with 10 other people, I won't miss that. The Hummer was definately a douchbag-mobile. Never quite understood the H3. Atleast the H2 will be remembered as the symbol of American excess before the recession.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,907,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
You know you guys were slobbering over them 5 years ago, now they seem unpractical, but in 05, these were huge (no pun intended). I read a stat that sales dropped 85% in 09 compared to 06.

I'm not racist, and I am part Hispanic, but here in Central California, Hummer's were rampant, with chromed out everything, usually Hispanic people. Bumping there music, thinking there rolling really high, while living with 10 other people, I won't miss that. The Hummer was definately a douchbag-mobile. Never quite understood the H3. Atleast the H2 will be remembered as the symbol of American excess before the recession.
Yeah that's what the Italian douche bag Guidos drove in NJ too.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:25 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
H1 aside, all Hummers can take a hike. I wont miss em at all.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,189,487 times

Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,891,948 times
Such haters.

Hummers are not for everyone. If I had the cash, I'd rock a H2 just to **** off people that like to moan and *****.

http://watchmojo.com/blogs/images/hummer-plate.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,957,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I agree many of the H2 & H3 were Poser-mobiles, but it's hard to beat the H1 for off road performance. I had one in the Army and those things were unbelievable in the field. If I ever hit the lotto and was in the market for an off road vehicle, a H1 would be my first choice.
But the highways and back country of America are not a combat zone. H1s were the biggest, right? So by my definition they were the worst example of the American vehicular arms race of the last two decades. Only a tank would have been more excessive.

Last edited by xeric; 02-26-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
But the highways and back country of America are not a combat zone. H1s were the biggest, right? So by my definition they were the worst example of the American vehicular arms race of the last two decades. Only a tank would have been more excessive.
Well, I guess you are not accounting for specific (non-military) needs for such a vehicle. They (H1s) are extremely capable for certain tasks, firefighting, search and rescue, to name a couple.

I have tested them (previous post) and can tell you that no conventional vehicle can do what they do.

I just love the folks here on C-D that condemn 'xyz' with no real knowledge or experience in the topic.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:35 AM

2,250 posts, read 1,395,792 times
This saddened me, I love HUMMER.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:17 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times
News,

Hummer: What might have been.

This is the Hummer that could have been. The Hummer HX concept, unveiled at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show, was a Jeep Wrangler-sized off-roader.

Hummer: What might have been - Hummer HX (1) - CNNMoney.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands