Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,854 times

Advertisements

I moved into my apartment over a year without signing a lease. The landlord never asked for the rent. I'm scared cause i do not know what to do. I did save some money to give to the landlord about 3 months rent. I was planning on pay it off with my income tax. What would happen now? By the way i live in NYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,917,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal23 View Post
I moved into my apartment over a year without signing a lease. The landlord never asked for the rent. I'm scared cause i do not know what to do. I did save some money to give to the landlord about 3 months rent. I was planning on pay it off with my income tax. What would happen now? By the way i live in NYC
You've never paid rent in an apt in NYC? This has got to be one of the best troll thread-starters in a long time and it'll be amusing to see how many pages it goes on ...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,756 times
I have a tenant rent without a least, she is not paying her rent, what action can i take?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl.ganesh View Post
I have a tenant rent without a least, she is not paying her rent, what action can i take?
Google "(your state) landlord tenant laws". In most states a tenancy without a written agreement is considered a month to month and you should start eviction proceedings immediately. In future it's a VERY bad idea to rent without a written agreement whether it's a long term lease or a month to month.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,590 times
I live with a friend, In wisconsin i was wondering even if i had not signed a lease my friends mom is trying to kick me out without any written 30 day notice at all, Is that legal? Nothing has happened yet.. But im trying to figure out if her kicking me out like that was against the law, Ive been living here since Feburary of 2011

Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,402,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewuffeh View Post
I live with a friend, In wisconsin i was wondering even if i had not signed a lease my friends mom is trying to kick me out without any written 30 day notice at all, Is that legal? Nothing has happened yet.. But im trying to figure out if her kicking me out like that was against the law, Ive been living here since Feburary of 2011
Are you paying rent, or just staying with a friend? How long have you lived there? And do you get mail at that address? If you're a real resident, then yes, she has to give you proper notice. But if you're just a house guest and have been there less than a month, she can ask you to leave whenever she likes.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,509 times
Default Eviction w/o lease

Same question as below. Each situation in the lovely rental business is different. Had a lease with tenants and left my copy at the rent house to be initialed upon move-in. (The heat aided this small oversight on our initial signing). Needless to say, they cannot produce the lease (neither copy). And, the real kicker is there is probably nine folks living in the house...was only to be a few peeps. I want to evict. Landlord pays all bills. Imagine how nice this is???!!! Going to the j.p.'s office on Monday. Any colorful advice? Houston area. Does this make this a month-to-month agreement? thanks for your help and resourcefulness.

Sincerely,
Crazzzeeej

Old 07-24-2011, 05:30 AM

Google "Texas landlord tenant laws" and read up on the procedure. If they haven't signed the lease then it's not a legally binding contract and the tenancy would be considered a month to month but, if you started eviction against them and then they suddenly came up with a signed lease it would make things rather tricky. You haven't really provided much information to go on but good luck!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,713 times
When a tenet hase no lease an the well water is broken how do I get him out, he hase been living with no water now for 3 months,an I can not aford to fix it an now I choose not to rent it. he,s way behind in rent also over a year. what can I do>

Old 11-28-2011, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,713 times
Default Landlord

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting