Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,715 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am considering relocating to Minden but need some feedback on the crime rate and druggs. I heard murder was high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 09:33 AM

171 posts, read 765,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missingsister View Post
Hi, I am considering relocating to Minden but need some feedback on the crime rate and druggs. I heard murder was high?
Uhhh, murder high in Minden? The only thing high in Minden is the local kids.

Put it this way, if one person is murdered in Minden in one year, the murder rate per capita skyrockets.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 AM

34 posts, read 242,909 times
Minden is among the safest towns in Nevada...where do you hear it had a lot of murders?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 7,715 times
I am interested in knowing about the schools, drugs, which was answered and crime rate including murder. i have kids.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:32 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
I am interested in knowing about the schools, drugs, which was answered and crime rate including murder. i have kids.
YOu should consider going to rural Maine. You obviously need a place without people. Having kids is a limited defense. Minden has reasonable schools, low crime, little drugs and is relatively expensive.

You won't like it there. They like positive people.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Oh I just heard that Nevada is full. Crazy ain't it? California has more room. I heard they have some open shoeboxes.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:12 PM

230 posts, read 675,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu should consider going to rural Maine. You obviously need a place without people. Having kids is a limited defense. Minden has reasonable schools, low crime, little drugs and is relatively expensive.

You won't like it there. They like positive people.
I've discovered this forum recently and have read many of the Northern Nevada threads as I have lived in this area for more than 14 years.

I have seen your moniker throughout sir, and wonder why you seem to always have nothing but criticism for the vast majority of people you respond to? The OP obviously has concern for their children, and raises a legitimate question on a place they aren't familiar with. Nowhere does the post suggest to me that this is a negative, people-hating person. Some of your responses border on surrealism.

Good day.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoberPup View Post
I've discovered this forum recently and have read many of the Northern Nevada threads as I have lived in this area for more than 14 years.

I have seen your moniker throughout sir, and wonder why you seem to always have nothing but criticism for the vast majority of people you respond to? The OP obviously has concern for their children, and raises a legitimate question on a place they aren't familiar with. Nowhere does the post suggest to me that this is a negative, people-hating person. Some of your responses border on surrealism.

Good day.
You have read very few of my posts. To discover that Minden is relatively crime free is the simplest of tasks for virtually anyone. To help people understand the nature of an area or a city is a reasonable thing to do. To encourage people to use a net list for the most basic information is dumb.

I suggest you stick around a year and assist in the education process and then see where your views are...

Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Hee. I don't live in the area, only visit on a regular basis, and I can tell you without exception that there is no murder rate in Minden. Or crime of any significance, either.

I would love to live there myself, but it's not in the cards right now.

You would be hard pressed to choose a better place to settle in Nevada than Gardnerville/Minden.

RM

Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Hee. I don't live in the area, only visit on a regular basis, and I can tell you without exception that there is no murder rate in Minden. Or crime of any significance, either.

I would love to live there myself, but it's not in the cards right now.

You would be hard pressed to choose a better place to settle in Nevada than Gardnerville/Minden.

RM
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area