Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,203,642 times

Advertisements

Jesus Was A Failure
By looking at the Christians, even Jesus would have to admit that he was failure as a teacher. All his sermons have been spoken to deaf ears; a holy waste of time. His purpose was that all sinners should be forgiven, this he did. Why did he live for 33 years? He could have been crucified immediately after being born.
Those who call themselves Christians cannot quote any of Jesus’s teachings. They are more likely to quote the bible, evangelists, religious figures, athletes, and politicians. Obviously, the sermons that Jesus taught went in one ear and out the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Jesus Was A Failure
By looking at the Christians, even Jesus would have to admit that he was failure as a teacher. All his sermons have been spoken to deaf ears; a holy waste of time. His purpose was that all sinners should be forgiven, this he did. Why did he live for 33 years? He could have been crucified immediately after being born.
Those who call themselves Christians cannot quote any of Jesus’s teachings. They are more likely to quote the bible, evangelists, religious figures, athletes, and politicians. Obviously, the sermons that Jesus taught went in one ear and out the other.
Love your enemies.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Love your enemies.
Where do you find evidence of this?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Where do you find evidence of this?
In mature Christians.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM

360 posts, read 444,865 times
Yeah, sure, we stupid Christians don't know what we're talking about. Yep. That's the truth.

Heh. No.

In reality, you're just making a shaky generalization. Steretyping Christians as ignorant of their faith is hardly something you want to say to the 3 billion who label themselves so, including me! Tip: next time, try fact, not "all" and "more likely."

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Jesus Was A Failure
1) Maybe they are not Christians - how would you know? Your are not in the position to judge. Furthermore, Christ said 'follow me' not people; the example is Christ Himself - his life was the example. As Paul said - only follow me as I follow Christ.

2) Christ did not just come to die - any person with half a brain would understand this as not being Christian theology. Christ came to live as a man under the Law to be the perfect example of righteousness, he came not just to die but to suffer for our sins, and yes he came to teach and fulfill the OT - hence His ministry.

3) Jesus's teaching are recorded in the Bible so a person who quotes it is referencing Christ and not ignoring Him. Unless you think you know where Christ's teaching are outside of the Bible.

4) If Jesus's sermons went in one ear and out the other we would not be having this conversation now would we. Unless you mean Christians not living as Christ would - in that case refer to #1.

Moderator cut: deleted as attacking

Last edited by june 7th; 06-08-2010 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Yeah, sure, we stupid Christians don't know what we're talking about. Yep. That's the truth.

Heh. No.

In reality, you're just making a shaky generalization. Steretyping Christians as ignorant of their faith is hardly something you want to say to the 3 billion who label themselves so, including me! Tip: next time, try fact, not "all" and "more likely."
Speaking of facts, can you possibly quote any of the teachings of Jesus by which you live?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
1) Maybe they are not Christians - how would you know? Your are not in the position to judge. Furthermore, Christ said 'follow me' not people; the example is Christ Himself - his life was the example. As Paul said - only follow me as I follow Christ.

2) Christ did not just come to die - any person with half a brain would understand this as not being Christian theology. Christ came to live as a man under the Law to be the perfect example of righteousness, he came not just to die but to suffer for our sins, and yes he came to teach and fulfill the OT - hence His ministry.

3) Jesus's teaching are recorded in the Bible so a person who quotes it is referencing Christ and not ignoring Him. Unless you think you know where Christ's teaching are outside of the Bible.

4) If Jesus's sermons went in one ear and out the other we would not be having this conversation now would we. Unless you mean Christians not living as Christ would - in that case refer to #1.

It seems that Visvaldis is the Failure.
How many of his teachings have stuck in your head?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
How many of his teachings have stuck in your head?
Failed again - If you understood my post you would know that that is irrelevent. I could be a fake Christian - you can not know. It would still not explain your failure to undersand the purpose of Christ's coming. Once again the idea that Christ is a faliure because Christians fail is a failure in itself.

Can we move on.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Failed again - If you understood my post you would know that that is irrelevent. I could be a fake Christian - you can not know. It would still not explain your failure to undersand the purpose of Christ's coming. Once again the idea that Christ is a faliure because Christians fail is a failure in itself.

Can we move on.
Good point. Christ came because humans fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality