Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 01:41 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
So now the supposed findings of Atlantis nutjob explorers is used to support Noah's Ark?

*sigh* (there really should be an icon of a person throwing their hands up in the air in disbelief)

Whatever.I am done trying to talk rationally with someone with your mindset.Have a nice life in fantasyland.
For some people anything found underwater is Atlantis. Yet the city off of Cuba is of great intrest to many. And National Geographic has expressed intrest in the future operation. Other cities have been uncovered below the seas as well. And none of this has anything to do with fantasyland. I believe those who deny their reality, are really living a fantasy. It appears to me, so many have an ability to filter out the evidence, and then call others who consider such things, nutjobs. I would say, that is pretty much an example of a closed mind. The finding off Cuba shows us that there are stones down below that are inscribed with lettering that is unknown. Consider link below.

Underwater City Off Cuba

Old 05-29-2010, 01:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That confirms it....Your memory is shot.
And that confirms it for me, you don't have a link to refute it with.LOL

Old 05-29-2010, 01:50 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Hmmm! My maths aren't too good but let's see.

The waters covered the highest mountains...which would be Everest.

Everest is 20,029ft = 348,348 inches.
The waters receded at 2-4 inches per hour..lets say 3 inches as an average.

Divide 348,348 inches by 3 (inches per hour) = 116,116 hours.
116,116 hours divide by 24 for days is 4,838 days.
4,838 days is 691 weeks.
691 weeks is 172 months
172 months is 14 years

....yet you Tom, say all this water was absorbed in 2.5 months???
Someone check my figures please!! If they are correct then......

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!
How about it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. Thus it would have to rain at a rate of 8,709 inches per day, or a mere 362 inches or 30+ feet every single hour.

Of course water doesn't just rise, but it runs off, thus we should find perhaps millions, even billions of skeletons of human's and animals that were washed off the land and would have come to rest in all the river deltas around the planet. Have we found any such deposits Tom?

Old 05-29-2010, 01:56 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It's not your math that is bad, I believe it is your comprehension. The Ark landed on Mt. Ararat, not on Mt. Everest. Try doing the math starting with the right mountain. LOL And the distance was from the top of Mt. Ararat until the (TOPS) of the other mountains were seen.
So we are most likely speaking about a distance of seven to eight thousand feet.
But Everest was covered was it not? So the whole process from the top of Everest to sea-level took 14 years at 3 inches per hour. Those poor animals must have been trapped at the summit of Ararat for yonks!!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:09 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,004,773 times
Quote:
Talk is cheap sanspeur, can you show us the post where it has been refuted? You guys always say things have been refuted, yet somehow you never get around to posting such a link. WHY IS THAT?
Responses such as this,totally lacking in integrity,are one of the reasons why I no longer count myself as an evangelical.Things like this show me that the piety of fundies leaves much to be desired,and that when defending a theological point is seems that saying or doing anything in their perceived defense of the faith is OK,even to the point of outright lying.

You are becoming a very sad spectacle,campbell.

*sigh*

Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
So we are most likely speaking about a distance of seven to eight thousand feet.
Still doesn't work.

8000 ft = 96,000 inches
96,000 inches @ 3 inches per hour = 3,200 hrs
3,200 hrs = 133 days
133 days = 19 weeks
19 weeks = 4.7 months

HOWZAT!!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 PM

33,561 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
And that confirms it for me, you don't have a link to refute it with.LOL
You have posted the same unsubstantiated crap over and over again in past flood threads.....Any link I give you would be to aid your failing memory. Find the info yourself, or perhaps you should begin to keep notes since you remember nothing that has been said on other threads...Maybe your poor memory is intentional and you are just doing a bit of trolling?

Old 05-29-2010, 02:56 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Talking Only the ongoing nonsense is credible.

Quote:
For some people anything found underwater is Atlantis. Yet the city off of Cuba is of great intrest to many. And National Geographic has expressed intrest in the future operation. Other cities have been uncovered below the seas as well. And none of this has anything to do with fantasyland.
1. Again, not one of these "findings" clearly show a CONFIRMED city, only items of slight geological or archeological interest. Tell us directly, Tom: is there, absolutely, an underwater city off of Cuba? Confirmed? Where, pray tell, is that FACT divulged?

1a. Next, your confirmed "city" off the coast of Japan: it was only speculated, and indeed was only a series of somewhat regular stone blocks. Yep, that's proof of an advanced city to be sure. And more to the OP point, it sure confirms a global flood, yuppy ding-dang-doo!

1b. Your confirmed Cuban "city" was shown, on it's own website that you provided, to be a hoax, a PhotoShopped hoax. Of course, you ignore that and call it here, again, "the city off of Cuba". A fascinating psychosis, to be sure!

2. Even if we were to find a duplicate copy of San Francisco down there somewhere, that does not prove anything other than tectonic plate movement, land recession, or other forces, eventually sank a city. It hardly confirms your global flood. In fact, there would be all sorts of other subsidence evidence, and there simply isn't any.

3. No-one has yet to find nor confirm any underground cities. No-one, no-where, no-how. Not yet. Not confirmed. Except in your mind. That's the ONLY location.

4. If there were a global flood, there would be all sorts of predictable evidence around, and again,... it's geotechnically impossible, by simple logical calculation.

5. No other contemporaneous cultures make any mention of a global flood. How could they? They'd all be dead and gone, and yet, for them, their history and achievements continued uninterrupted.

6. All the other consequences, including the death of most every living organism, plant or animal, on this planet would have been achieved, and yet this is clearly not the case. Clearly.

7. The OP's point, about this CTP* expedition, is indefensible, as usual. Any credibility is lost when they are questioned, but time will only confirm this once again. I did visit their updated site earlier today and they are now asking for donations to support it from the viewing, but gullible, audience. Of course they will get nothing from any credible fund sources because who wants to associate themselves with a group that has already failed to provide even a brief a summary of their first and only trip?

"Trick me once, shame on you! Trick me twice, go to h$ll!!" (I know; I changed it a bit..)

*CTP: Chinese Theme Park

You continue to deflect from the larger, logical conundra so apparent to any thoughtful consideration here. It's categorically impossible for a lone, unpowered, wooden mega-boat, held together only by wooden pins and pitch, to collect, house, sustain and support a minimum half-billion animals of vast global diversity, all while ignoring a 40-month, 24/7 11"/hour downfall, storms and cold. It would have disintegrated on the ways, in fact, before even setting it's keel in the water.

The total lack of any comprehensive knowledge about the larger world & geo- and bio-sphere around them cannot be held against the bible's illiterate authors. But you Tom? You have the internet, and apparently know how to use it, albeit selectively. You have no excuse for rampant technical, biological, geological and climatological ignorance except your desperate desire to maintain a literal belief in an impossibility.

You'll have to deal with the predictable findings (or complete fabrication) of this Charlatan group when, in the months ahead, their motives and lack of results all surface. One can only hope someone will sue them for fraud.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:59 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,004,773 times
And,I might add,we STILL have not heard from Campbell about how civilizations such as Egypt's continued uninterrupted through this flood that supposedly killed everyone but those in the ark.

Since it seems necessary to challenge him directly to get a response....how about it,Campbell?

Old 05-29-2010, 03:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
And,I might add,we STILL have not heard from Campbell about how civilizations such as Egypt's continued uninterrupted through this flood that supposedly killed everyone but those in the ark.

Since it seems necessary to challenge him directly to get a response....how about it,Campbell?
Hey, isn't Egypt pretty close to Turkey? Gosh I bet they would have seen some effects from a flood that covered a 14,000 foot mountain just down the Mediterranean Sea a bit.

Hmmmmmm, perhaps it is just a fable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality