Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 07:26 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,930,384 times

Advertisements

And thus catagorically unavailable as massive gushing volumes of water pouring into the seas from beneath. Especially over a mere 40 day time span. But then, how do you get it all back into it's captive matrix form after the floods, all within, what was it, a month? What forced it back down, Tom? (Oh yeah; I forgot: MAGIC)

You always over-reach the technical possibilities. Example: You discovered that petrifaction was accomplished short-term in the lab, ignoring the lab conditions (extreme pressure, rare metal matrices in fluid suspension, lack of contaminants you'd find in the real world... etc etc.), but then you happily extended this to the real world.

Even with "found" oil reserves, which do not exist as convenient, pressurized pools, they have to generally inject steam or even lighter oils to flush it out. Or, more usually, they have to pump it out. Don't you know what those walking-horse field pumps are out there for, Tom?

BTW, oddly for your theory, most oil drillers have to inject water-carrying mud into the drill hole to lube and cool the cutting. Why? Because it's generally quite "dry" down there.

Bottom line: when water molecules exist in a rock matrix, it's unavailable for quick global flooding.

Still waiting for your pithy answer about necessary organism populations on-board. S'OK: take all the time you need.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM

Default Let's all sing along together now: "MAGIC, nothing more than MAGIC...."

I just read your link (I'm a v. fast reader, BTW).

Found this near the article's end, after the various credible hydrologists did, in fact, speculate about how much water might be contained, bound up in crystal matrices. Note that, of course, they have no way of knowing if even this water is actually there, it's only an hypothesis, but on one thing, they agree:

"But a sudden outpouring of water, Noah-style, is not likely even if the balance does tilt to a greater outflow. Rather it would be a gradual change on geological timescales, which would affect only our most distant descendants. Perhaps by then they will have evolved gills."

Thx for the link, Tom. It actually proves your vast sources of freely-bubbling-up water are not possible. Of course, you either didn't read it all, or selectively accepted it, hoping for yet another bluff. Sorry: we're watching you real close, since you now have a well-deserved reputation!

BTW, the various time lines in the article you provided, not me, also refer to an Earth that was many billions of years old. Didn't want to read or highlight that part, huh?

Wait for it folks: Tom will re-quote this "vast underground water source" nonsense again in a few months, even though it continues to be categorically debunked.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,006,858 times
One question that never seems to get answered because it is usually in a post with other questions and so is conveniently ignored by ark believers.So I'll ask it separate this time.

How is it possible that there are civilizations that have unbroken existences before and after the Flood?They would have been wiped out,no?So how does Egypt,at ground zero of the Flood,have an unbroken history dating from before the Flood?How is there evidence of a continued line of people living in S America from before the Flood?And the same in Australia?

How,how,how?

PS.I know that some lame,off the wall,ridiculous reason will be given,because it HAS to be given in order to maintain the myth.I am just curious as to how ridiculous and outlandish it will be.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:56 AM

Actually, it has been asked in the years-long history of this topic, but regardless, or even ir-regardless (!), the facts are that neither the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Thailanders, Egyptians, African tribes, American continental natives, or any other culture that maintained records noted any global catastrophic flood. Fact is, it would have submerged the under-construction pyramids, and also of course killed off all it's designers and builders. And yet, no record....

In fact, on the History Channel just the other night, the results of a new study on a major culture-ending drought along the lower Nile were finally concluded, and the layers of wind-blown sand (loess...) that is found at about the 3000 to 2300 years-old period (right on top of the flood chronology) along with the huge reduction of the Nile's annual flows, is documented in Egyptian tableture.

Tom's "interpretations" notwithstanding of course....

Old 05-29-2010, 11:15 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And thus catagorically unavailable as massive gushing volumes of water pouring into the seas from beneath. Especially over a mere 40 day time span. But then, how do you get it all back into it's captive matrix form after the floods, all within, what was it, a month? What forced it back down, Tom? (Oh yeah; I forgot: MAGIC)

You always over-reach the technical possibilities. Example: You discovered that petrifaction was accomplished short-term in the lab, ignoring the lab conditions (extreme pressure, rare metal matrices in fluid suspension, lack of contaminants you'd find in the real world... etc etc.), but then you happily extended this to the real world.

Even with "found" oil reserves, which do not exist as convenient, pressurized pools, they have to generally inject steam or even lighter oils to flush it out. Or, more usually, they have to pump it out. Don't you know what those walking-horse field pumps are out there for, Tom?

BTW, oddly for your theory, most oil drillers have to inject water-carrying mud into the drill hole to lube and cool the cutting. Why? Because it's generally quite "dry" down there.

Bottom line: when water molecules exist in a rock matrix, it's unavailable for quick global flooding.

Still waiting for your pithy answer about necessary organism populations on-board. S'OK: take all the time you need.

This volume of water, (is now unavailable). Yet there was a time I believe it was. Clearly, Scripture tells us the waters did go down. And Scripture tells us, the Ark landed on the top of Mt. Ararat, and it took another two and a half months (until the tops of the other mountains were seen). Based on that, we can assume the waters leached back into the earth at a rate of about 2 to 4 inches per hour, over a period of two and a half months. It is believed by some that the earth crust collapsed, and that is the reason we keep finding underwater cities deep below the sea. Now a French team has come forward in 2009, and they have stated that they have discovered an underwater city in the Caribbean. Consider the link below.

Team Claims Ancient Underwater City in Caribbean

And you keep repeating your same errors rifleman. I have stated that quick petrifaction was accomplished when fence post were discovered to have their bottom sections petrified, while the top of the posts still were made of wood. You keep speaking of lab conditions, while I keep speaking of what was found in the field. It is you, that continues to ignore the evidence found in the field.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:27 AM

Sorry; no go on selling a quick re-leaching of 10X current total volume of water in a mere two months back into an obviously super-saturated soil base, which just a few months had MAGICALLY foisted it all up at breakneck speed. 2-4 inches/hour huh?

Actually, 5 miles depth of water = 316,800 inches. Two months = 1440 hours. All equals 220 inches per hour of requisite re-absorption. [simple math, BTW]. Categorically impossible into already saturated soil, if one adheres to the most basic rational thought. Now, using MAGIC, that's quite a different story, of course.

Yup. Very believable. In fact, none of this is in any way believable, as you well know. Every single aspect is logically doomed. Why not just admit it's all MAGIC, Tom? It's the only way to 'splain away all the problems!

(Speaking of which, I'm assuming you've also forgotten to tell us the story of how all the multi-millions of species were collected, housed and maintained on the Ark. God couldn't have made a WA St. or New Zealand field mouse or cockroach migrate all the way to the ME, now could He? You awaiting divine inspiration before addressing this "little" problem??)

Actually, you did link to a lab result, but also to a finding in northern Canada for trackside telegraph poles located in highly mineralized, high-pH, but also stagnant, water in a very swampy and organic environment. Not the same as a predominantly fresh-water ice-melt non-mineralized near-sterile water source located at the almost permanently frozen 15,000 foot level. Let's compare apples to apples, and not apples to chainsaws, OK?

No matter though, because while you were trying to convince us that the Ark wood was petrified, and was not a basalt column as it so obviously appeared to be, the current Chinese Theme Park developers with their all-new site have claimed it to be regular old non-petrified wood. All that tapping in the video; hardly a substitute for a good old fashioned summary report though, huh?

Say, when is that coming again?

BTW, a friend of mine who has followed all my posts here with real interest has also applied for one of the advertised positions. I hope they've not been forewarned against anyone with a degree or two.... If so, they'll just end up with a bunch of Christian Theme Park administrators and biblical literalists...

Now that'd be credible, fur shur!

Last edited by rifleman; 05-29-2010 at 11:46 AM..

Old 05-29-2010, 11:36 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,006,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
This volume of water, (is now unavailable). Yet there was a time I believe it was. .
This is clearly the problem here.You will believe whatever you wish to in order to make your scenario seem plausible.You have no proof that it was,but because you need more water than is clearly available,you resort to this.No proof,no facts,just your belief that sometime in the past it must have been available.

This is because you have your method messed up.You have come to a conclusion,based on a misguided interpretation of the Bible,and now you look for facts to support your already conceived and strongly held opinion.You are therefore categorically unable to objectively look at any evidence,whether your own for flaws and implausible scenarios,or others for the possibility that it might be true,because you have already decided,based on the Bible,what you believe to be true.Anything that will support that you will grasp at,no matter how ridiculous.Anything that rebuts your preconceived belief will be rejected,with any foolish scrap of silliness you can come up with used as an excuse to deny it.

Such a method is a joke.Pure and simple.A joke.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Actually, you did link to a lab result, but also to a finding in northern Canada for trackside telegraph poles located in highly mineralized, high-pH, but also stagnant, water in a very swampyand organic environment. Not the same as a predominantly fresh-water ice-melt non-mineralized near-sterile water source located at the almost permanently frozen 15,000 foot level. Let's compare apples to apples, and not apples to chainsaws, OK?

No matter though, because while you were trying to convince us that the Ark wood was petrified, and was not a basalt column as it so obviously appeared to be, the current Chinese Theme Park developers with their all-new site have claimed it to be regular old non-petrified wood. All that tapping in the video; hardly a substitute for a good old fashioned summary report though, huh?

Say, when is that coming again?

BTW, a friend of mine who has followed all my posts here with real interest has also applied for one of the advertised positions. I hope they've not been forewarned against anyone with a degree or two.... If so, they'll just end up with a bunch of Christian Theme Park administrators and biblical literalists...

Now that'd be credible, fur shur!

The lake the Ark was found sitting in at the top of Mt. Ararat may very well of been highly mineralized water, and that is because such lakes near volcanos often are. That lake is now frozen over.

The wood the team was tapping on was from the inside rifleman. And as I have stated before, there are possibly three sections of the Ark up there. And I can't say for sure how each section has been affected by conditions there. Time will tell.

I'm sure we will not have to wait 60 years for their summery report rifleman. LOL

Old 05-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
This is clearly the problem here.You will believe whatever you wish to in order to make your scenario seem plausible.You have no proof that it was,but because you need more water than is clearly available,you resort to this.No proof,no facts,just your belief that sometime in the past it must have been available.

This is because you have your method messed up.You have come to a conclusion,based on a misguided interpretation of the Bible,and now you look for facts to support your already conceived and strongly held opinion.You are therefore categorically unable to objectively look at any evidence,whether your own for flaws and implausible scenarios,or others for the possibility that it might be true,because you have already decided,based on the Bible,what you believe to be true.Anything that will support that you will grasp at,no matter how ridiculous.Anything that rebuts your preconceived belief will be rejected,with any foolish scrap of silliness you can come up with used as an excuse to deny it.

Such a method is a joke.Pure and simple.A joke.

They are finding underwater cities around the globe. It should be obvious, the crust of the earth collapsed. The Biblical account is clear and needs no interpretation. The fact is, the BIBLE has always given us an accurate historical account. Yet you want to come up with your own facts which have little to do with Biblical, or historical reality. The real joke, is how so many can ignore such evidence and pretend it does not exist. What is a city doing a half a mile below the ocean in the case of the Cuban discovery? Consider the links below.

http://members.toast.net/rjspina/Japan's%20Underwater%20Ruins.htm (broken link)

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/announce/oldcity.htm

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/announce/cubacity.htm

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-29-2010 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Default Impact Craters?

RE: your humorous post on ancient cities. There you go again, assuming or claiming they've found something when even they say it's only speculation. Plus that common thread in all such stories; that they are seeking funding to go and finds out. Oddly, the money all seems to vanish into "administrative costs" before the actual expedition takes place, or any reports are prepared.

How DO you get away with it? Answer: at least here, you don't.

BTW, the link from yours...

Team Claims Ancient Underwater City in Caribbean

notes the obvious impact "craters" they see in these aerial photos.

Q: have any of these guys ever seen crop irrigators before I wonder? All with a small central hub dot in the middle? What sort of loon would actually claim (or believe) these are fateful impact craters?

This is truly funny stuff! Keep it up!

Late editorial add: I just read this at the bottom of the page on the above link that Tom so thoughtfully provided:

Quote:
STOP THE PRESSES! NEW EVIDENCE THIS IS A HOAX!

One of our writers, Michael Bradbury, thought the photographs released by the French team of explorers looked familiar. He remembered seeing something while searching in Google-earth that reminded him of the motherboard of a computer. The images of the alleged "underwater City" certainly do, now that he mentions it. No, that's not what they are... but look what he found in a Google image of a lake out west (coordinates are 44 24' 29.83N/110 24' 07.31W)...
Well, thx again Tom, I needed a good morning laugh. And you never fail to provide them! At least you know no-one takes you seriously any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality