Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 04:48 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,828,344 times

Advertisements

So I'm off to begin my new job this morning...orientation...how boring. I really remember it being 3 days last time, but I'm scheduled for 7! What on earth could we possibly do for seven days of hospital orientation? There just isn't that many benefits and policies to go over...but I'm getting paid for it so I guess I shouldn't complain. I can't wait to get through all this part, and then unit orientation to get to my regular schedule...hopefully I can breeze through unit orientation in a few weeks...we'll see.

Of course I was trying to look nice so I was putting makeup on to discover that my 5 year old took my makeup brush (you know the one for your blush) to use as a paintbrush...*sigh* Looking nice is over rated anyway.

Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 06:12 AM

8,003 posts, read 12,304,549 times
[quote=irishmom;1621095]So I'm off to begin my new job this morning.../QUOTE]

You go girl!

Good luck, Irish, and don't worry about the makeup thing. It's that inner beauty, (as they say!) that truly does count!

Take gentle care!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:39 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,554,560 times
Irish, I pray that you do well and love your new job, and the luck o' the Irish be with ye

Irish prayer (author, unknown)

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.May the sun shine warm, upon your face,
and the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,679,668 times
Thinking of you today Irish and wishing you a speedy orentation.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 PM

Thanks so much for your well wishes girls...it was long...but it was kinda nice to be out of the house all day. So I'm off to bed to do it again tomorrow. Later taters!

Old 10-02-2007, 01:36 PM

740 posts, read 2,016,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
So I'm off to begin my new job this morning...orientation...how boring. I really remember it being 3 days last time, but I'm scheduled for 7! What on earth could we possibly do for seven days of hospital orientation? There just isn't that many benefits and policies to go over...but I'm getting paid for it so I guess I shouldn't complain. I can't wait to get through all this part, and then unit orientation to get to my regular schedule...hopefully I can breeze through unit orientation in a few weeks...we'll see.

Of course I was trying to look nice so I was putting makeup on to discover that my 5 year old took my makeup brush (you know the one for your blush) to use as a paintbrush...*sigh* Looking nice is over rated anyway.

Wish me luck!
Good luck on your new job...!!! I know you will do great... makeup is over-rated anyhow... you don't need no stinkin makeup... he wait a minute.. I have no clue if you need makeup or not!! You won't share your picture with me for the album... com'on... lets see those pearly whites!! JK.. with a fun personality like yours you will make new friends in no time.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
Good luck on your new job...!!! I know you will do great... makeup is over-rated anyhow... you don't need no stinkin makeup... he wait a minute.. I have no clue if you need makeup or not!! You won't share your picture with me for the album... com'on... lets see those pearly whites!! JK.. with a fun personality like yours you will make new friends in no time.
Second day was good too. Make up brush replaced and all is good with the world again. Thanks!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:03 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,298,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
irishmom is cute. She does need to re-post her pic for you!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:55 PM

I need this thread today!

So my first two days back on the unit were great...although I've not gotten a delivery yet...I'm sure next week will have some, at least by c-section.

This weekend I get to go to my glass jewelry class! I'm so excited, yet exhausted all at the same time. I will post the pieces I make on Monday when I get home from work. Should be fun!

Ok all the rest of you...what's going on that you are happy about? I need to hear some good news today!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:53 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,298,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I need this thread today!

So my first two days back on the unit were great...although I've not gotten a delivery yet...I'm sure next week will have some, at least by c-section.

This weekend I get to go to my glass jewelry class! I'm so excited, yet exhausted all at the same time. I will post the pieces I make on Monday when I get home from work. Should be fun!

Ok all the rest of you...what's going on that you are happy about? I need to hear some good news today!
Good for you irishmom! Glad your job and your jewelry making are going well. I don't think I ever updated on this. I did get my grief recovery book finally published and we just recently set up the companion website to go with the book. If anyone wishes to have a look, the website is:

www.valleyofbaca.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality