Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,296,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
June scored a 70!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 08:09 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,825,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June scored a 70!?
ROFL..

Well that either makes you a fair believer or a very knowledgeable atheist.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,825,063 times
Quote:
Thunderstorm

A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily trek to the elementary school. As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with thunder and lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school and she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child. Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove along the route to her child's school. As she did so, she saw her little girl walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up and smile. Another and another were to follow quickly and with each the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile. When the mother's car drew up beside the child she lowered the window and called to her, "What are you doing? Why do you keep stopping?" The child answered, "I am trying to look pretty. God keeps taking my picture."

May God bless you today as you face the storms that come your way.

That is too cute!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,797,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June scored a 70!?
Good for you, June. I guess we just might be rubbing off on you?

I (finally - third attempt) scored 100% on this version of the drill:

Question 1:
Who was Moses' older brother?
- You answered: Aaron -- Correct answer is: Aaron
Good Job! You remembered Ex. 7:7

Question 2:
Who wrote the book of James?
- You answered: James -- Correct answer is: James
Good Job! You remembered *Reference*

Question 3:
Which son of Isaac was very hairy and liked to hunt?
- You answered: Esau -- Correct answer is: Esau
Good Job! You remembered Gen. 25:27

Question 4:
What Israelite king built the temple during O.T. times?
- You answered: Solomon -- Correct answer is: Solomon
Good Job! You remembered 1 Kings 5: 1-5

Question 5:
Who killed Abel?
- You answered: Cain -- Correct answer is: Cain
Good Job! You remembered Gen. 4:8

Question 6:
What was the name of the place where Adam and Eve lived? - You answered: Garden of Eden -- Correct answer is: Garden of Eden
Good Job! You remembered Gen 2;15

Question 7:
Who was the first man on earth?
- You answered: Adam -- Correct answer is: Adam
Good Job! You remembered I Cor. 15:45

Question 8:
What animal did Abraham sacrifice after he took Isaac off of the altar?
- You answered: Ram -- Correct answer is: Ram
Good Job! You remembered Gen. 22:13

Question 9:
Who lost his strength when his hair was cut?
- You answered: Samson -- Correct answer is: Samson
Good Job! You remembered Judges 16:16-19

Question 10:
As Joshua and the children of Israel marched around the walls of Jericho the priests carried trumpets before the Ark of the Lord. How many priests carried trumpets?
- You answered: 7 -- Correct answer is: 7
Good Job! You remembered Joshua 6:4

You got 10 out of a possible 10
For a grade of: 100.00%That makes me UPBEAT!!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,017,522 times
Quote:
Thunderstorm

A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily trek to the elementary school. As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with thunder and lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school and she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child. Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove along the route to her child's school. As she did so, she saw her little girl walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up and smile. Another and another were to follow quickly and with each the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile. When the mother's car drew up beside the child she lowered the window and called to her, "What are you doing? Why do you keep stopping?" The child answered, "I am trying to look pretty. God keeps taking my picture."

May God bless you today as you face the storms that come your way.
That is so COOL IBC! I have always told my kids this exact thing! Whenever we would get lightening storms (which is actually pretty RARE <Too RARE> here ) I always told them that God was taking their picture! That usually calmed them.
My youngest, 6yr old, hasn't had the thrill of seeing a good lightening storm yet. But when he does, I will tell him the same thing.
As for ME, I am the one you will find sitting out in my lawn chair enjoying the show! I LOVE watching the lightening!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:29 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,017,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Good for you, June. I guess we just might be rubbing off on you?

I (finally - third attempt) scored 100% on this version of the drill:

Question 1:
Who was Moses' older brother?
- You answered: Aaron -- Correct answer is: Aaron
Good Job! You remembered Ex. 7:7

Question 2:
Who wrote the book of James?
- You answered: James -- Correct answer is: James
Good Job! You remembered *Reference*

Question 3:
Which son of Isaac was very hairy and liked to hunt?
- You answered: Esau -- Correct answer is: Esau
Good Job! You remembered Gen. 25:27

Question 4:
What Israelite king built the temple during O.T. times?
- You answered: Solomon -- Correct answer is: Solomon
Good Job! You remembered 1 Kings 5: 1-5

Question 5:
Who killed Abel?
- You answered: Cain -- Correct answer is: Cain
Good Job! You remembered Gen. 4:8

Question 6:
What was the name of the place where Adam and Eve lived? - You answered: Garden of Eden -- Correct answer is: Garden of Eden
Good Job! You remembered Gen 2;15

Question 7:
Who was the first man on earth?
- You answered: Adam -- Correct answer is: Adam
Good Job! You remembered I Cor. 15:45

Question 8:
What animal did Abraham sacrifice after he took Isaac off of the altar?
- You answered: Ram -- Correct answer is: Ram
Good Job! You remembered Gen. 22:13

Question 9:
Who lost his strength when his hair was cut?
- You answered: Samson -- Correct answer is: Samson
Good Job! You remembered Judges 16:16-19

Question 10:
As Joshua and the children of Israel marched around the walls of Jericho the priests carried trumpets before the Ark of the Lord. How many priests carried trumpets?
- You answered: 7 -- Correct answer is: 7
Good Job! You remembered Joshua 6:4

You got 10 out of a possible 10
For a grade of: 100.00%That makes me UPBEAT!!
KEWL! Congrats!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM

740 posts, read 2,015,859 times
PassionUp Fun Page

Old 09-06-2007, 08:02 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,290,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
That is so COOL IBC! I have always told my kids this exact thing! Whenever we would get lightening storms (which is actually pretty RARE <Too RARE> here ) I always told them that God was taking their picture! That usually calmed them.
My youngest, 6yr old, hasn't had the thrill of seeing a good lightening storm yet. But when he does, I will tell him the same thing.
As for ME, I am the one you will find sitting out in my lawn chair enjoying the show! I LOVE watching the lightening!
If you move to Texas like you want to, your 6 year old will see plenty of lightening! And "Mama kaykay" says DON'T SIT OUT IN A LAWN CHAIR (WHICH IS LIKELY METAL NO LESS!) WATCHING IT! THAT IS NOT SAFE!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
If you move to Texas like you want to, your 6 year old will see plenty of lightening! And "Mama kaykay" says DON'T SIT OUT IN A LAWN CHAIR (WHICH IS LIKELY METAL NO LESS!) WATCHING IT! THAT IS NOT SAFE!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality