Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: deleted comments regarding moderator actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Some are of the opinion that Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc, are simply simply the largest 'cults' at the moment. Much of the Earth's population used to worship the sun, stars, etc. Now we look back on those people as somehow quaint, unknowing, and untouched by the word of God. Perhaps 5 or 10 thousand years from now people will look back on our time in much the same way.

Actually, by that time, all men will be in their eternal abode, for this creation is only given one week of thousand year days before the regeneration of it to the new creation, according to the ancient books and the living Oracles of God =the Law, given to the namesake people of the New Man name, "Israel", as signs of His person and His work.
The eighth day [of thousands] is the "new beginning", as "signed" in the oracles.
But before the eighth day begins, after the Church is raptured out of the midst of the world, men worldwide will worship the host of heaven as gods, because of the changes in the heavens when the earth is moved out of her place, turned upside down, jumps about like a hunted roe, and the courses of the stars are altered, with seasons backwards, and a third of the stars -host of heaven- falling to earth; as pr the book of 1 Enoch, and Paul's expounding on it, in 2 Thes 2, for the lie men are brought to believe who reject the "love of the Truth" =Jesus Christ, is that lie prophecied by Enoch, that they will take the host of heaven to be "gods" because of the alterations in the heavens in the great tribulation.

Worship of God whose created temple with His created throne was set in the created sun, came first. But men changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped the creature instead of the Creator. But because the Truth of God was known from the beginning, before the corruption, then many of the depictions of God watching over earth from the sun, with His all seeing eye, and of men with upraised hands praying towards the sun, worshiping God whose temple was set in the sun, itself, then modern men ignorant of historical truth of civilization make up fables about the ancient depictions.
The sun was not worshiped until men corrupted the glory of God and worshiped the creature and "the host of heaven", before the flood -and also after the flood.

Everyone who came off the Ark knew the truth about God and about His dwelling place, but men have always been rebellious and sinful since the fall, and so:
Quote:
Rom 1:18-25
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Enoch tells of the coming consummation of sin, on earth, when men will worship the host of heaven, during that Great Tribulation which is coming, and coming as surely as the flood of Noah came to consume sin on earth for the first time:
Quote:
[Chapter 80]
1 And in those days the angel Uriel answered and said to me: ' Behold, I have shown thee everything, Enoch, and I have revealed everything to thee that thou shouldst see this sun and this moon, and the leaders of the stars of the heaven and all those who turn them, their tasks and times and departures.
2 And in the days of the sinners the years shall be shortened,
And their seed shall be tardy on their lands and fields,
And all things on the earth shall alter,
And shall not appear in their time:
And the rain shall be kept back
And the heaven shall withhold (it).
3 And in those times the fruits of the earth shall be backward,
And shall not grow in their time,
And the fruits of the trees shall be withheld in their time.
4 And the moon shall alter her order,
And not appear at her time.
5 [And in those days the sun shall be seen and he shall journey in the evening on the extremity of the great chariot in the west]
And shall shine more brightly than accords with the order of light.

6 And many chiefs of the stars shall transgress the order (prescribed).
And these shall alter their orbits and tasks,
And not appear at the seasons prescribed to them.
7 And the whole order of the stars shall be concealed from the sinners,
And the thoughts of those on the earth shall err concerning them,
[And they shall be altered from all their ways],
Yea, they shall err and take them to be gods.
8 And evil shall be multiplied upon them,

And punishment shall come upon them So as to destroy all.'
Paul, serving a scribe, expounds on the theme of the great delusion sent to those who reject the love of the Truth, after the Church is removed from the midst of the world:
Quote:

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a/the lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
So modern men, who reject God and who think they are so wise, will be reduced to worship of stars, as it was in the past, because a strong delusion will be sent upon them so as to destroy them all, after the Church is taken out of the midst of the earth.

There will be many star signs in those days, as Rev 12 also shows, which are from God and which will be for those who did not have the opportunity to reject the love of the Truth before the rapture, but who will have the opportunity to accept that love of the Truth, post rapture.
Enoch also separates them into two classes remaining after the rapture, in 1 Enoch 50, and those who reject His love will be the damned.

Quote:
[Chapter 50]
[Rapture and translation of the redeemed, before the Tribulation]:
1 And in those days a change shall take place for the holy and elect,
And the light of days shall abide upon them,
And glory and honour shall turn to the holy,

2 On the day of affliction on which evil shall have been treasured up against the sinners.
And the righteous shall be victorious in the name of the Lord of Spirits:

[those who repent, who are left]
And He will cause the others to witness (this)
That they may repent
And forgo the works of their hands.
3 They shall have no honour through the name of the Lord of Spirits,
Yet through His name shall they be saved,
And the Lord of Spirits will have compassion on them,
For His compassion is great.

4 And He is righteous also in His judgement,
And in the presence of His glory unrighteousness also shall not maintain itself:
[and the damnation of those who would not receive the love of His Truth =Jesus Christ]
At His judgement the unrepentant shall perish before Him.
5 And from henceforth I will have no mercy on them, saith the Lord of
Spirits.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-29-2009 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
YSM,perhaps you could enlighten us about your view of the 'masons'.From your other interests I would imagine you have some strong opinions of freemasonary also.While I'm not sure you are a native of the same planet that I was born on I do find your posts entertaining.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
YSM,perhaps you could enlighten us about your view of the 'masons'.From your other interests I would imagine you have some strong opinions of freemasonary also.While I'm not sure you are a native of the same planet that I was born on I do find your posts entertaining.
I am glad you like my posts. But I do hope that it won't be like those of Jerusalem who came to hear the prophet, only for entertainment value, while Jerusalem fell -to their own destruction. I am not here to convince anyone to "follow" me, but I do hope that I can pique the interest in anyone to seek God for themselves, and Jesus promised that He that seeks, finds -Him!
On Freemasons: others have written extensively on the occult beliefs of the Freemasons and the spirit of darkness behind that group.
Ian McCormack, who is featured as one of the persons raised from the dead on my "Raised From the Dead" thread speaks of an evil which came against him from within his father, who is "normally" a nice guy, but a Freemason, when Ian shared with his family about his death and resurrection, and his personal salvation just before his death, and his visit to hell below and heaven above while he was dead in body.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:55 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Others have written extensively on the occult beliefs of the Freemasons and the spirit of darkness behind that group.
Ian McCormack, who is featured as one of the persons raised from the dead on my "Raised From the Dead" thread speaks of the evil in his father, a Freemason, which rose up against Ian when Ian reported to his family about his death and resurrection, and his personal salvation just before his death, and his visit to hell below and heaven above.
Well 'others have written extensively' about almost every subject you have started a thread on.....I was interested in' your take' on the subject since i'm sure I would find it entertaining.There is at least a possibility it could provide something educational to me too.....although probably not but perhaps some others would find benefit

Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well 'others have written extensively' about almost every subject you have started a thread on.....I was interested in' your take' on the subject since i'm sure I would find it entertaining.There is at least a possibility it could provide something educational to me too.....although probably not but perhaps some others would find benefit
Why? It is not my "field" of study, except to know what a few of those who have been delivered from it have written about it, themselves. It is just one of many of the dark, occult deceptions which the devil and his demons have "organized" men into, against Jesus Christ.
You would probably find my own personal opinion of what religion the anti-Christ will be more interesting, because I believe that he will be a practicing "Hindu of Hindu's", and that he will believe that he is an incarnation of the Hindu Trinity -the anti-YHWH spirit which is "against/opposes YHWH" and "against/opposes Jesus Christ", and that he will believe that he is the great enlightened one, incarnated who is worthy to be worshiped as "god"; but that he will allow all "other" gods to be worshiped also; but YHWH and YHWH come in flesh [Jesus], alone and exclusively as "God" He will not allow.
Islam will be reduced to rubble in the middle east, when Psalm 83 is fulfilled, and Israel's borders will become what God has promised and what they have owned before God scattered them. Then that will set the stage for their prosperity and safety, so that Ezekiel 37 can then be fullfilled in its time. -But The Born again in Spirit Church will not be on earth when that happens, and God will be dealing with His own namesake people, Israel, to bring the remnant back to Himself and establish His Millennial reign of Peace on earth.
I formed those opinions from the Word of God, and from 1 Enoch, which is, after all, "the Book for the last days tribulation time", as it says in its opening chapter.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Is there a reason why you can't let people follow their own religion in peace, but instead feel the obsessive need to keep hitting everyone over the head with this "proof" that we'd better shape up and get in line with Jesus? There is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe that one religion is true and right, over and above all the others. You have your opinion, lots of people (present company included) obviously see things differently. Quote all you like, dredge up the most obscure literature in human history, but at least realize that you aren't in a court room, and you're not making a case that can be "won."

Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Quote:
Firstly: there is no such a thing as an entity called "Science".
Secondly: there is no such a thing as concensus among those who call themselves evolutionary "scientists" on any point, other than that they are sure nothing created everything, sometime, somewhere, five or take a few billion years or so -Ha!
YSM, atheism doesn't say nothing created everything, it says we don't currently know the answer. Also, I didn't claim science is an entity. Science is a method of pursueing the truth through scepticism and rigorous testing. It is much more reliable than faith based claims.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Whom are you lecturing? -Your fellow atheists in this Religion and "philo/love [of] sophy/wisdom", who cannot stand it that there are Christians who actually "Believe" the Word of God and who have a fellowship and relationship with the Creator, Jesus Christ, by being born into His One Living spirit, and who post on this board?
If I was addressing my comment to you, then you must have been the person I was attempting (apparently without success) to reach. You are not making a case for anything, you're just repeating your personal beliefs and choices over and over. And over.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Red face Not the Way, Not the Truth, Not the Light. Not. Not. Not.

Honest, YSM, I did try to get though it, but I gotta tell yah; it's a vertiable wall of post that's not easily read by us non-believers. It tends to be in the older usage form, and it also requires that we assume it's true before we even begin.

In the spirit of constructive criticism and helpful commentary, I say to you:

For you, this sort of stuff is simply icing on the cake, and self-confirming in its obvious truths. For us, it's just self-aggrandizing and congratulatory nonsense, with no basis in observable facts. At least not in any documented modern timeframe. Fairy tales based on illiterate observers, all of it re-written and revised to suit various historical political figures, all with different agendas.

And we should thus just "buy it", lock stock and barrel? Uncontested, but based on fear mongering? Are you really that afraid of your God and His wrath?

Sounds unhealthy to me....

It's a lot like those massive posts by Eanassir and others who spout Islamic fundy Qu'Ran scripture, complete with Farsi graphics. What's with that? What do they hope to achieve? What do you hope to achieve?

Remember: what may be totally convincing to you may not be to us. We're religious skeptics, remember? (and for good reason, I'll add...) WE sorta like logical, rational proof and trains of thought that lead one, inexoribly, from point ot point, towards an "Ah-Hah!" obvious conclusion.

"God diddit, and it says so right here, in the following direct biblical quotes, all six paragraphs of them!". Well.... sorry. Not so much.

What is far more convincing, and is always noticeably absent in your posts, are thoughtful concise and well-phrased points made from your own personal interpretations and summarizations.

I'm assuming you're trying to convince at least one of us, right? Your post is not the way, YSM. Not the way.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
I am glad to assist you in some way.
Why don't you ever do research for yourself, though, to see what the ancients wrote and believed?
Why don't you follow and believe in the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality