Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Firstly: there is no such a thing as an entity called "God".
There, fixed that for you.

Quote:
Secondly: there is no such a thing as concensus among those who call themselves evolutionary "scientists" on any point, other than that they are sure nothing created everything, sometime, somewhere, five or take a few billion years or so -Ha!
As others have already pointed out, your ignorance regarding what atheism is and isn't is staggering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default "Oh! OK!! There's where it fits in! I see now"

Academic ignorance regarding the mechanisms of Evolution is equally deficient. I mean, honestly folks, how can you deny something so logical, with all the necessary steps having been discovered and proven. And then we have dear Dr. Lenski (2008) who put it all together recently in a monumental 22-year long experiment where another species arose in a predictable manner. All available for a repeat performance if necessary.

All that fossils and geology and DNA evidence and other findings do now is provide a brief puzzle as to exactly where they fit in to the now-proven bigger picture. The only question is "exactly where does this new evidence fit in?" rather than "Oh lordy lordy, how ARE we gonna prove our weak theory?"

THAT'S not a problem any more. Hasn't been for at least the past 20 years, frankly. The only issue is the proper "location" for any truly new findings. Because when they're properly fitted in, it just builds an even more astounding and accurate picture.

The denialism is stunning. The insulting criticisms are telling. The frantic need to refute this truth is visible and sad.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Ok YeshuaS...this is not intended to be an attack, but what is your agenda anyway? What are you trying to prove and who are trying to convince? I would appreciate a honest answer.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:48 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Ok YeshuaS...this is not intended to be an attack, but what is your agenda anyway? What are you trying to prove and who are trying to convince? I would appreciate a honest answer.
did you not read the OP? I wished to reply to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman ,
and because of the nature of the statement and the reply I wanted to give and the deletion of posts which I have worked on to answer folks, on other threads -as described in my OP- I answered it here so that it would not be deleted, hopefully.
I hope you find it informational, on the subject.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 PM

190 posts, read 242,414 times
if some of you chose not to believe in God that does not mean he is not there..and his punishment still stands as well..at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord over all

Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
if some of you chose not to believe in God that does not mean he is not there..and his punishment still stands as well..at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord over all
You also choose to not believe in Odin, but that does not mean he is not there. If you apply this logic to your own beliefs, then you have to apply it to all beliefs. You disregard the thousands of graveyard gods because you don't find any substantive evidence to support their existence. Atheists just apply this logic to every god whereas you apply this logic to every god except your own. Also, what makes you so sure that if there is a god, then that god would be your god?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:13 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,317 times
Moderator cut:
Deleted as offensive.

1. Many of us were xian and came to the conclusion it is all BS. Thus your gawd either;
  • knew we would come to this conclusion - OR -
  • deluded us to come to this conclusion
That pretty much takes the blame off us heathen and firmly places it at the feet of your [mod] Deleted [mod].

It would seem seeing that we atheists do not worship anything in particular, as a rule, that in fact the delusion he has sent is to the believers which pretty much sums up how we view theists.
2Th 2:9 whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
We do not believe in satan either. It is as much an object of imagination/fiction just as your gawd is.
2Th 2:10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, so that they might be saved.
The majority of us did partake of the koolaid once upon a time.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie,
2Th 2:12 so that all those who do not believe the truth, but delight in unrighteousness, might be condemned.
See even ol' Paul had it all screwed up. Why does unbelief in your sky daddy = delight in unrighteousness?

Problem here is we are not told exactly what the lie is. So far pretty much of the bible tales have been debunked by science but science was obviously not the issue with the ME goatherders circa 2000 years ago. Likely there were sensible people that opposed Paul's new religion that made him irate and his rantings are no more credible than yours are in the year 2009.

I have said this many times, IF there were a "real" antichrist, it would be the believers that would fall for him/it. Atheists are not going from town to town following questionable signs and wonders. Hell even if he could pull off a few neat tricks, we would as skeptics look for a logical reason as to how he did it. Moderator cut: Deleted as insulting.

Magicians are good con artists but nowhere near as good as your snakeoil salesmen aka evangelists.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-29-2009 at 05:16 AM..

Old 10-28-2009, 09:39 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
And if some of us choose to believe in God without necessarily acknowledging Jesus, that does not make us wrong (or you any more right).

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,880 times
There are two fundy Christian ideas that have been comming up repeatedly lately that I take issue with: 1) the Christian "God" is the ONLY GOD(proclaimed in a smug fashion) and everybody who believes in a different God(s) is wrong and will burn for eternity, 2) we who were Christians before discovering a different faith or before becomming an Athiest/ Agnostic, were NEVER "TRUE" Christians. I find all of this EXTREMELY insulting and presumptuous. Who are you, a mere human, to pass judgement on everyone else? What is a "true" Christian? I find the notion that a "real Christian" would never disaccociate themselves from Christianity, absolutely absurd and ignorant. The OP can proclaim their faith, that's great, just don't judge those of us who don't follow this man-made religion(as are all religions). I think there has become a bully-like mentality among certain fundy Christians as of late, and it's very unbecomming of a religion that is supposedly founded on principles of unconditional love and acceptance.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,907 times
Moderator cut:
Orphaned

I contend for that Faith which was "once delivered" unto the saints. Enoch wrote of Jesus Christ as God in heaven, hidden, who was with God, and who was God, and who was to come. Enoch saw Him as the Son of Man in heaven, and as the One who would come and in whose name all the "elect" [who choose to live the elect life, as Enoch says] would be saved.
Enoch's book was written for this generation, and will be around after the rapture of the Church, for those who repent and believe in Jesus Christ, to learn God's one plan for the salvation of all in Adam. Jesus atoned for all, but not all will receive the Atonement, and the plan has always been "one plan" for the salvation of our human being race.

Jud 1:3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-29-2009 at 05:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality