Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
John 3

Many will be condemned and will perish in this age. Many will have aionios life, the life of knowing God and Jesus whom He has sent. Eventually all will be restored to the Father. (Ephesians 1, Colossians 1) God bless.
Thanks Shana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
nightflight is actually FAR closer to TRUTH than most Christians.

nightflight, what you are rejecting is what you are SUPPOSED to reject. It means you are actually using what God gave us, a mind and a heart.

I wouldn't worship a god who created a human being and then turned His back on that human being forever.
WOW! I would never say that. I don't have a stipulation. I worship and love God no matter what He decides to do because I as a fallen creation know nothing and I have faith all of it is for His glory and my good.

WOW! Sparrow

Old 05-24-2009, 07:47 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I don't want to live at all if it involves human beings being tormented forever. I'm just not enough of a sociopath to be a Christian.
Hi nightflight, tis true that the beleif in God who would eternally torment most of his children in hell fire shows forth a sociopathic God.

But God is not like what you have been taught to beleive, He loves the whole world and sent His son for the express purpose of saving the whole world because of that love and love never faileth contrary to what the mainstream churches teach.

Its ironic that every christian will tell you that they beleive in a never failing God, then turn around and say God will fail to save the whole world.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:49 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
God comes to people in different ways and times. God came to you in a certain time, and someones appointed time is when God feels the right time is for them.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:22 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
WOW! I would never say that. I don't have a stipulation. I worship and love God no matter what He decides to do because I as a fallen creation know nothing and I have faith all of it is for His glory and my good.

WOW! Sparrow

Well then I don't know what to say to that, except I suppose I am unlike you, Fundamentalist. I don't "know nothing". I know beautiful and wonderful things about our Father, because HE has shown me His heart.

We are to SEEK HIM OUT. Not blindly follow him. We are to SEEK HIM with all of our hearts and all of our minds. God came to give SIGHT to the BLIND, brother. Think of God's two commands.

So I can confidently and without shame or fear, or hesitation PROCLAIM the glad tidings of GREAT JOY of the good news of Jesus Christ.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Peace.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Because GOD loves us this much. Because God forgave and loved the people that tried to murder HIM. The nail marks in his hands we will one day gaze upon and wonder.... Mankind did this to Him, and STILL HE LOVES. What is God trying to tell us?? Do you GET IT NOW??????
Amen, O taste and see.. God bless.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
It's good news that everyone is free to choose and is responsible for that choice. An unjust option would be hell without choice.
Edited for content ... I had posted the wrong quote above ...

Jude verse 4 "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ORDAINED to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Hmm, i dont see anything about choice here.

How about this one ...

Ephesians 1:3-6 'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and blameless before Him in love, having predestined us to adoptions as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved" (NASB).

Or this one ...

Romans 8:29-30 "For [those] whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover, [those] whom He predestined these He also called, whom He called these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified" (NASB).

What about all these ...

Acts 13:48, Ephesians 1:7-8, 2 Thess. 2:13-14, and 2 Tim. 1:9. The "elect" are mentioned in Matthew 24:31, Mark 13:22, Luke 18:7, Romans 8:33, 11:7, Colossians 3:12, 2 Timothy 2:10, Titus 1:1, I Peter 1:2, 1 Peter 5:13; 2 John 1:1, 13.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:41 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
God comes to people in different ways and times. God came to you in a certain time, and someones appointed time is when God feels the right time is for them.
Somebody did'nt give up on me! Just continuing on, just continuing on.... are you following me?

Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Hi, if someone never gave up on you, why would God give up on anyone? God never gives up on anyone, BetseyLane. His love never fails. He has all power. God bless.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:26 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
So somehow, a person is at fault for not hearing about your religion? What kind of reasoning is that?
No. That's not the question I asked. Just wanted to know if you've heard the good news, that's all.

PS: I don't do "RELIGION", but I do have a R-E-L-A-T-I-O-N-S-H-I-P with the same God that created you, whether you believe it or not. No one's condemning you, at least not I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality