Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times

Advertisements

Devils

Devils are the dissolute genies or demons. The word 'devil' in Arabic means: a liar, treacherous, deceptive and cunning person.

God - be exalted - said in the Quran, 6: 112

The explanation:
( As such have We appointed to every prophet an enemy – devils of men and genies; inspiring tawdry words to each other, by way of deception.)

So (devils of men and genies) means: the treacherous and cunning persons among men and genies (or demons.)

The indication of that is His saying - be exalted – in this Quranic revelation
يُ
i.e. (inspiring tawdry words to each other, by way of deception.)

Its interpretation:
They deceive and cheat each other, with lies and treachery.

Moreover, God - be exalted - said in the Quran, 4: 120
يَ

The explanation:
([Satan] promises them, and fills them with vain fancies; but there is nothing Satan promises them except delusions.)

Satan [or Ibliess or Beelzebub]

Satan (i.e. Ibliess in Arabic, or Beelzebub as is he called in the Gospel) was called Azazil at the beginning, but later on he was called 'Ibliess'; because he lost God's mercy, i.e. despaired of it completely.

Satan, i.e. Ibliess, was one of genies; he is their father, just like that Adam is our father, but Ibliess died, and so his soul separated from his gaseous body, then God - be exalted – clothed him with an ethereal skin, so that he became like angels.

God - be exalted – admitted him to the ethereal Paradises; because he was pious, and he stayed with the angels in the Paradises; but [later on] when God created Adam, He ordered the angels to prostrate themselves to Adam, so they prostrated themselves, except Ibliess who refused and was full of pride; so God drove him out of the ethereal paradises and cursed him.

God - be exalted - said in the Quran, 18: 51

The explanation:
(And [remind them, O Mohammed,] when We said to the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Ibliess [: Satan.]; he was one of the jinn, and he forsook his Lord's am'r.

Will you then [O people] take him and his progeny as patrons rather than Me, when they are enemies to you? Bad is the exchange for the oppressors [or wrong-doers].)

The interpretation:
(he was one of the jinn) means: he was, prior to his death, one of the genie; but when he died, he became an ethereal creature.

(Will you then [O people] take him and his progeny as patrons rather than Me) means: Will you follow him and won't follow Me? And will you follow his progeny: the genies and worship them and will not worship Me?
One of the Arab tribes, in the past, worshipped genies or demons, and said that genies are God's daughters.

(Will you then [O people] take him and his progeny as patrons rather than Me) indicates that genies existent nowadays are the offspring of Ibliess and that he was their father.

(Bad is the exchange for the oppressors [or wrong-doers]) means: Bad is that which you have taken in stead of Me, when you have exchanged the Creator for the creature, and you followed the provided [beings] and left [God:] the Provider, in spite of that they are enemies of you, and whatever they can they will act to destroy you.

More details:
New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Devils - broken link)_

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Satan_ - broken link)[or_Ibliess_or_Beelzebub]_

Last edited by june 7th; 01-13-2012 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Per the Terms of Service, English only in posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 10:59 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Wow dude! Everyone knows Satan is my old landlord, Larry.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 PM

179 posts, read 536,660 times
Quran is just another book! don't you get it?
just like the bible and the countless other HAND written, OLLLLLD, flawed books....written thousands of years ago to scare the normal people into submission and obediance!

i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here! lol

Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Satan no longer exists so who cares anymore? If you want to do evil, then call youself evil and not satan or the devil. Why is it that so many people dwell on the negative things about life? Doesn't it get tiring trying to figure everything out when it has nothing to do with your life? Live in the now. Be happy with who you are at this moment. You can't change the past and you can't predict the future so why not just be?
For once I'd really like to see a positive thread here. There are too few of them.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
I believe that Satan is an externalisation of the negative feelings and thoughts we all have as human beings. It's a way of not owning those things, saying it is the Devil or the Devil made me/him/her do it. The classic battle between good and evil is the subject of so many stories we create because it is archetypal. Meaning it is something we all experience within our own psyche. What society has deemed good, through millennia of evolving in social groups, we attribute to a god or striving to be god like and what has been deemed evil (because it is destructive to the peace and well being of the collective) is attributed to the Devil or Satan. These things do not exist outside our mind but are controls to ensure members of the group conform to what is expected by the collective.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Satan no longer exists?
From where have you brought such statement? And how can you know that Satan no longer exists ?

Quote:
If you want to do evil, then call youself evil and not satan or the devil.
Man commits the evil, and Satan enhances him to do it, and suggests to him that, so if he is predisposed to it, he is ready to commit the evil; while if he is righteous, he will refuse the suggestion of Satan, and will fear his Lord, and will not disobey God Almighty.

Quote:
Live in the now. Be happy with who you are at this moment.
What is the relation of living for the moment, with the existence of Satan?

Quote:
For once I'd really like to see a positive thread here. There are too few of them.
It is up to you to see this is positive and this is negative. I am sorry we have disturbed you, Mr. Reverend1111.

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Satan_ - broken link)[or_Ibliess_or_Beelzebub]_

Last edited by eanassir; 05-14-2009 at 11:06 AM..

Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
From where have you brought such statement? And how can you know that Satan no longer exists ?
This has been stated many times from Celestial teachers. Channeled messages.

Quote:
Man commits the evil, and Satan enhances him to do it, and suggests to him that, so if he is predisposed to it, he is ready to commit the evil; while if he is righteous, he will refuse the suggestion of Satan, and will fear his Lord, and will not disobey God Almighty.
Satan doesn't enhance anything. This is only what you have been taught to believe and if you step outside of the box and ask God, you will know that it is only man doing those things to himself.

Quote:
What is the relation of living for the moment, with the existence of Satan?
It was in regards to the question. Has nothing to do with satan.

Quote:
It is up to you to see this is positive and this is negative. I am sorry we have disturbed you, Mr. Reverend1111.
Try Ms.

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Satan_ - broken link)[or_Ibliess_or_Beelzebub]_[/quote]

I don't read from your scripture. I learn from Celestial angels and other high beings. Those who have experienced life and are now residing in the same spheres as Jesus.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:55 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Fred Phelps, James Dobson, Rick Santorum....

Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
satan was haughty arrogant over proud and he was created before Adam and he was from jinn type

then when Allah created Adam he ordered the angels and Satan to prostrate as respect not as worship to Adam so they did but Satan refused and was haughty
so Allah became very angry from him and cursed him but Satan asked Allah not to punish him now but to punish him at the day of judgment and he got that
so he took this opportunity and told Allah that he will guide all the people of Adam to the wrong path so they will go to hell with him.
and this his main aim from that day until now until the last day

but Allah told him that he has no power on the people of Adam and if any one in his own free will want to follow him he will be put in hell with him

Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
This has been stated many times from Celestial teachers. Channeled messages.
Ms. Reverend1111,
You are deluded by Satan; so tell us who are your celestial teachers?

Quote:
Satan doesn't enhance anything. This is only what you have been taught to believe and if you step outside of the box and ask God, you will know that it is only man doing those things to himself.
If there are the angels that are righteous, there are the devils that are evil.

Quote:

I don't read from your scripture. I learn from Celestial angels and other high beings. Those who have experienced life and are now residing in the same spheres as Jesus.

So do the celestial angels tell you not to read the heavenly scriptures?

If there hasn't any one to tell you, then I tell you that:

in case you are sane, then surely you are deluded;
but if you are insane, then you are not going to be punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality