Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:04 AM

23,022 posts, read 34,409,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
riiiiight.....
and there's no way that this is meant as a metaphore???

it is really sad to live your life believing in stuff like this...it really is!
what a waste!
How sad to be deceived by the great deceiver......that is a waste, it really is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 09:07 AM

179 posts, read 537,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
How sad to be deceived by the great deceiver......that is a waste, it really is!
Hopefully one day you'll realized that what you believe is only a bunch of fairytale, good for nothing, scare tactic, stories....

it took me 27 years to figure it out......i hope you waste less of your time than i did!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,837,054 times
When man dies, he will realize what his fate will be: will he be happy or miserable!

The believer will not lose anything; while the disbeliever will wish that he has become dust to get rid of the punishment; but he discovers that he has become a soul, and that which has died is only his material body.

As in the Quran 78: 40
إِنَّا أَنذَرْنَاكُمْ عَذَابًا قَرِيبًا يَوْمَ يَنظُرُ الْمَرْءُ مَا قَدَّمَتْ يَدَاهُ وَيَقُولُ الْكَافِرُ يَا لَيْتَنِي كُنتُ تُرَابًا

The explanation:
(We warn you [associaters] of an imminent chastisement [following your death.]

The day when [believing] man shall behold what [charity] his hands have forwarded [to the Hereafter],

but the unbeliever shall say: "O would that I were dust [to get rid of the torment like my body that has become dust so it has got rid of the punishment.]")

Man after Death_

Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,006,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
satan is a lair and a deceiver. His purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. Jesus called him the father of lies.

1 Peter 5:8 "Be careful, watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour".
Just how many people did Satan kill, how many cities did Satan destroy, according to the bible? From what I have studied in the bible, Satan has never directly killed anyone, nor was Satan responsible for the destruction of any cities. What has Satan stolen?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:50 PM

23,022 posts, read 34,409,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Just how many people did Satan kill, how many cities did Satan destroy, according to the bible? From what I have studied in the bible, Satan has never directly killed anyone, nor was Satan responsible for the destruction of any cities. What has Satan stolen?
Well let's see, we can start with Cain and Able.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,985,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Devils

Devils are the dissolute genies or demons. The word 'devil' in Arabic means: a liar, treacherous, deceptive and cunning person.

God - be exalted - said in the Quran, 6: 112
و كَذلِكَ جَعَلْنا لِكُلِّ نَبِيٍّ عَدُوّاً شَياطِينَ الإنْسِ و الجِنِّ يُوحِي بَعْضُهُمْ إلى بَعْضٍ زُخْرُفَ القَوْلِ غُرُوراً

The explanation:
( As such have We appointed to every prophet an enemy – devils of men and genies; inspiring tawdry words to each other, by way of deception.)

So (devils of men and genies) means: the treacherous and cunning persons among men and genies (or demons.)

The indication of that is His saying - be exalted – in this Quranic revelation
يُوحِي بَعْضُهُمْ إلى بَعْضٍ زُخْرُفَ القَوْلِ غُرُوراً
i.e. (inspiring tawdry words to each other, by way of deception.)

Its interpretation:
They deceive and cheat each other, with lies and treachery.

Moreover, God - be exalted - said in the Quran, 4: 120
يَعِدُهُمْ و يُمَنِّيهِمْ و ما يَعِدُهُمُ الشّيطانُ إلاّ غُرُوراً

The explanation:
([Satan] promises them, and fills them with vain fancies; but there is nothing Satan promises them except delusions.)

Satan [or Ibliess or Beelzebub]

Satan (i.e. Ibliess in Arabic, or Beelzebub as is he called in the Gospel) was called Azazil at the beginning, but later on he was called 'Ibliess'; because he lost God's mercy, i.e. despaired of it completely.

Satan, i.e. Ibliess, was one of genies; he is their father, just like that Adam is our father, but Ibliess died, and so his soul separated from his gaseous body, then God - be exalted – clothed him with an ethereal skin, so that he became like angels.

God - be exalted – admitted him to the ethereal Paradises; because he was pious, and he stayed with the angels in the Paradises; but [later on] when God created Adam, He ordered the angels to prostrate themselves to Adam, so they prostrated themselves, except Ibliess who refused and was full of pride; so God drove him out of the ethereal paradises and cursed him.

God - be exalted - said in the Quran, 18: 51
و إذْ قُلْنا لِلمَلائكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إلاّ إبْلِيسَ , كانَ مِنَ الجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أمْرِ رَبِّهِ , أفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ و ذُرِّيَتَهُ أوْلِياءَ مِنْ دُونِي و هُمْ لكُمْ عَدُوٌّ , بِئْسَ لِلظالِمِينَ بَدَلا .

The explanation:
(And [remind them, O Mohammed,] when We said to the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Ibliess [: Satan.]; he was one of the jinn, and he forsook his Lord's am'r.

Will you then [O people] take him and his progeny as patrons rather than Me, when they are enemies to you? Bad is the exchange for the oppressors [or wrong-doers].)

The interpretation:
• (he was one of the jinn) means: he was, prior to his death, one of the genie; but when he died, he became an ethereal creature.

• (Will you then [O people] take him and his progeny as patrons rather than Me) means: Will you follow him and won't follow Me? And will you follow his progeny: the genies and worship them and will not worship Me?
One of the Arab tribes, in the past, worshipped genies or demons, and said that genies are God's daughters.

• (Will you then [O people] take him and his progeny as patrons rather than Me) indicates that genies existent nowadays are the offspring of Ibliess and that he was their father.

• (Bad is the exchange for the oppressors [or wrong-doers]) means: Bad is that which you have taken in stead of Me, when you have exchanged the Creator for the creature, and you followed the provided [beings] and left [God:] the Provider, in spite of that they are enemies of you, and whatever they can they will act to destroy you.

More details:
New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Devils - broken link)_

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Satan_ - broken link)[or_Ibliess_or_Beelzebub]_

Sorry, man, but you got it wrong. Who is Satan?...

Old 05-23-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,070 times
Let me put this question out there... If everyone stopped believing in god and satan would they still exist?

Why is it that when someone doesn't understand something or they think it's "evil" is it always put upon a deity called satan?

Didn't Jesus say let those amoung you with out sin cast the first stone....

I say this no one not even christians are with out sin. 1. Gossip is a sin in any form. Instead of saying " sally Somebody needs prayer becuase she is misguided by satan because she has children out of wedlock" SAY " Sally Somebody needs prayer and god knows why." or just " let's pray for sally somebody."
2. passsing judgment is a sin only God is suppose to cast judgement .. Yet I constantly hear from "christians" and other religions that believe in strict bible and god and satan phrases like this
" Sally somebody is such a ****... " " O i know she's sleeping with John nobody this week.." " O she's going to hell the flusey!" - this conversation should never take place and most certianly not in a temple - your body is god's temple so there fore this conversation or any like it should never ever happen.
3. to bear false witness against thy nieghbor is a sin. example someone you know wears a new dress to an event and she looks hidious in it... you say " why Mildred that is just lovely on you." LIE
I know you think you are being nice but since your soul is in the balance here why even say anything. instead " Hi Mildred How are you and the kids doing?" shows ginuine intrest in someone with out lieing!!

Do i really need to continue? I think not. So next time you tell someone they are going to hell think of what you done that week that will send you as well..

Old 05-23-2009, 08:59 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,906 times
hey, newcomer, who the heck made you pick that name?

you said it well! but who'd want to be seen in the vicinity of losers (the least of my brothers, and sisters), when all the media can show successful winners instead as the role models?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
It was old testament God that was behind all the killing and destruction, raping and pillaging, genocide and infanticide, not satan....... Satan plays right wing for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:26 AM

60 posts, read 203,610 times
satan or s dizzel is a madly awesome dude whom is spawned by mans imagination. the reason. simple. stop people questioning their religion and their religious leaders. and if you dont think this is true. prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality