Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times

Advertisements

I've seen so many horror movies featuring the antiChrist that I've probably gotten them mixed up with what the Bible says on the subject. I know people have speculated that all sorts of people might be the antiChrist, in fact I read once that a few people think it's Prince Charles but I don't think he looks menacing enough for the job. There's also a variety of opinions about where this man will be from. I don't think I've heard many people, if any, suggest that he would be from North or South America, Australia, Asia or Africa. Generally it's either Europe or the Middle East. Anyway, for those of you who believe that the antiChrist is really coming, do you have any idea who it might be or where he would be from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times
The anti-christ is so probable that he'd have to exist as the man next to you, or is that you yourself? Woops, that just means that we insult each other a lot. On the other hand, God is so improbable that we have him on pure faith, no man at all but as certain as tomorrows day light. Woops, thou shalt not take His name in vain.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've seen so many horror movies featuring the antiChrist that I've probably gotten them mixed up with what the Bible says on the subject. I know people have speculated that all sorts of people might be the antiChrist, in fact I read once that a few people think it's Prince Charles but I don't think he looks menacing enough for the job. There's also a variety of opinions about where this man will be from. I don't think I've heard many people, if any, suggest that he would be from North or South America, Australia, Asia or Africa. Generally it's either Europe or the Middle East. Anyway, for those of you who believe that the antiChrist is really coming, do you have any idea who it might be or where he would be from?
I hear he haunts the Smithsonian Museum or is it the United Nations building!!!

Kidding

Old 02-13-2009, 03:07 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
I hear he haunts the Smithsonian Museum or is it the United Nations building!!!

Kidding

Wow, can you really hear such ...

Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
One of them is in my flesh.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:45 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
just to set this record straight:

Q: in or in..to? where does the buck stop?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
just to set this record straight:

Q: in or in..to? where does the buck stop?
in to...thanks

Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
I know who the anti-christ is...she runs a puppy mill in Alabama.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:50 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,373 times
The false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal) is the liar who leads people astray, the messiah of misguidance who will tempt people by means of the signs that he is given, such as bringing down rain, reviving the earth to bring forth vegetation, and other “miracles.”

He will be a young man with a ruddy complexion, short, with thick curly hair, a wide forehead, and broad upper chest, blind or defective (mamsooh) in the right eye. This eye will be neither prominent nor sunken, and will look like a floating grape.His left eye will be covered with a thick piece of flesh growing at the edge of his eye. Written between his eyes will be “Kaaf faa’ raa’ (K-F-R)”, in separate (Arabic) letters, or “kaafir”, with the letters joined. This will be read by every Muslim, literate or illiterate.

The Dajjaal will die at the hands of the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus) (peace be upon him) , as is indicated by the saheeh ahaadeeth. The Dajjaal will appear on earth and will gain many followers, spreading his fitnah far and wide. No one will escape his fitnah except a few of the believers. At that point, ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him) will descend to the eastern minaret in Damascus, and the believing slaves of Allaah will gather around him. He will lead them towards the Dajjaal, who at the time of the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) will be heading for Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem). ‘Eesa will catch up with him at the gate of Ludd (Lod), a place in Palestine near Bayt al-Maqdis.

When the Dajjaal sees him, he will start to melt like salt melting in water,

but ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) will say to him,.....Islam Question and Answer - Who is the Dajjaal

Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
I only need 6 more rep points and I'm it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality